The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:40 pm

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
I challenge Nate. 

Amilia quickly sidejumped to another board at the sight of the sword flying at her.
She then teleported behind Rattigan's debri to another just behind it.
She sent a fireball to the back of his head, where he couldn't see it.
"Over here~" she taunted in an attempt of getting him to turn around, thus having the fireball to hit his face.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:58 pm

OOC: Objection! Your bio states that she can only teleport three yards, yet she was five yards away. And when she jumped to dodge the sword, she couldn't have possibly jumped two yards. I'll let you get away with that one. Just be more careful.

Rattigan watched with grim indifference as the girl, apparently some kind of sorceress, dodged his flying sword. No big deal, he merely called it back to him. When he turned to face her, she had disappeared, and, considering she was nowhere in sight, must have transported behind him somehow. That's when he felt a blistering heat on the back of his neck. She had obviously launched another fireball. He also overheard here taunting him, a pointless effort. His years of strenuous training and experience told him that she was trying to lure him into turning around to take the flames in the face instead, he called his shield, quickly whirling around and blocking the flaming projectile. His hair was singed, but Rattigan didn't care. He brandished his sword as he leapt across the random pieces of wood in search of a more defensible position and threw his sword yet again, aiming for the girl's legs.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:06 pm

OOC: Ooops, wasn't thinking about that, anyways...

Amilia quickly jumped above the flying sword, and sent a tidal wave flashing at it, in an attempt of keeping it away from Rattigan.
"You seem pretty strong, for a guy." Amilia says, as she has never seen a guy fight.
She shoots a large fireball, but not aimed at Rattigan, instead, aimed at the board he's standing on,
and from it's large size, to also burn nearby boards so Rattigan has nowheres to go.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Rattigan was not surprised when the girl jumped over his sword. His attacks were half-hearted, as he would never rely on such a tactic if he were really trying to hurt her. What did surprise him, however, was when she said he fought pretty well for a boy. If he felt any emotions about this crack, he didn't show it. He was ready when she sent another fireball flying at him, but he could see that this one was especially large. Any piece of debris within jumping range would be barbequed. With nowhere to go, he took up his shield and jumped across the water, riding the shield like a surf board. The momentum didn't take him far, however, and the makeshift board began to slow down and sink. At the last possible moment, he leapt from his shield, barely managing to land on a narrow piece of wood, nearly losing his balance. From this position, he expeled his sword and shield back to where they had come from, and they disappeared. As he looked back, he saw that all of the wood behind him had caught fire or been completely disintigrated in the attack. Finally acknowledging the girl's fighting skill, he wasn't holding back any longer. He began jumping the floating objects, headed in her direction.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:47 pm

Noticing Rattigan getting closer, she created yet another tidal wave, to send him and all the debri far away from her.
She then struck lightning down into the water near Rattigan, because he would have fallen off the debri from the wave.
She then sends 3 fireballs all in his direction, so he couldn't get away.
"I'm just getting warmed up!" She shouts proudly.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:15 pm

OOC: Isn't there some sort of rule that says that you can't do to many actions in one post? Or is that just godmodding. Not to mention that you're automatically assuming that I fell off the debris. In fact, I was expecting you to send a wave.

Rattigan watched as the girl made another wave before him, but he had been anticipating this. He quickly jumped to the longest peice of debris that hadn't yet been swept up in the wave and let the momentum carry him into the midst of it. The board rode up the wave, and at the pinnacle of the wave's height, Rattigan jumped from the board and plummeted into a dive, going deep into the water he swam quickly and resurfaced, climbing onto another piece of debris nearer the girl and continued his advance, conjuring his sword and shield once again and preparing to strike.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:26 pm

Nate wrote:
OOC: Isn't there some sort of rule that says that you can't do to many actions in one post? Or is that just godmodding. Not to mention that you're automatically assuming that I fell off the debris. In fact, I was expecting you to send a wave.

OOC: There is no rule for that, and the automatically assuming part, I wrote IF he did, and he did because he was swimming, so the lightning hit you.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:56 am

That Guy Over There wrote:
Noticing Rattigan getting closer, she created yet another tidal wave, to send him and all the debri far away from her.
She then struck lightning down into the water near Rattigan, because he would have fallen off the debri from the wave.
She then sends 3 fireballs all in his direction, so he couldn't get away.
"I'm just getting warmed up!" She shouts proudly.

OOC: First off, you made it apparent that you summoned the lightning right after conjuring the wave. This means that Rattigan would still have been riding the wave when the lightning hit.
And besides, read this.

In order for you to feel an electric shock an electric current must pass through your body. For a current to pass through your body, your body must complete the circuit from an electrostatically charged cloud to earth/ground (in this example the ocean is the electrical earth/ground). Salt water is a great conductor of electricity/lightning and thus would immediately discharge the lightning strike. Unless the strike actually hits you, you are not in the circuit and would therefore feel nothing from a strike into the ocean - no matter how close. Consider the case of a bird perched on a high voltage supply line (maybe 440,000 volts). The bird is charged with 440,000 volts of electricity alright, but there is no circuit to ground/earth/ocean, thus the bird is not electrocuted and feels nothing.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Wow, Nate owned TGOT.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:38 pm

Amilia was confused where Rattigan had went, and noticed him jump out of the water and onto a debri to attack her.
She quickly tried to think of a way out, and had a simple answer.
And came to sending the water below her away from Rattigan with a wave, and as she was doing that, sent a fire ball at Rattigan.
OOC: If you don't understand, I just surfed away in a sort of way.
IC: As she came to a stop far away from Rattigan she shot another wave, to push him back.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:11 am

Rattigan knew that his tactics were getting him nowhere. She had simply rode away on a wave of water. He saw as she hurled another fireball, something he thought she would be tired of doing by now. As with all the others, he simply knocked it out of the way with his sword. He also observed as she conjured another wave in a truly unimaginitive attempt at an attack. He dived into the water, swimming down far enough so that the wave had no more than a rippling effect on him. He resurfaced and decided it was time to pull out one of his many tricks. He summoned a rain of stars from the Middle Ground and sent them hurdling in the girl's direction.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:15 am

As the wave successfully pushed Rattigan away, Amilia thought he might have been doomed, until he swam up out of the water and fired his attack.
What kind of technique is this? She thought, but she charged up a giant fireball, and shot it through the stars, in an attempt of removing them.
But thinking that it might not have worked, she had sent another tidal wave over the stars, from under her to go over the stars.
And while getting closer to him she yelled "What kind of trick are you playing now!?"

Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:19 am

Rattigan watched as the girl sent a fireball to try and stop the stars. A pathetic attempt. He thought. The only way to keep the stars from hitting you is to dodge them, not an easy endeavor in a place like this. He watched as she sent a tidal wave to try and stop them, yet another vain effort to avert their course. That's when he heard her yell,
"What kind of trick are you playing now!?" She yelled as she walked closer to him. He simply climbed out of the water onto a wooden pole that had remained more or less in one piece.
"You should talk." He replied, his face impossible to read. "You're the one conjuring fireball, lightning bolts, and tidal waves. Am I not entitled to using my powers? Oh, and by the way, you might want to dodge those." He finished sadonically.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:26 am

Nate wrote:
Rattigan watched as the girl sent a fireball to try and stop the stars. A pathetic attempt. He thought. The only way to keep the stars from hitting you is to dodge them, not an easy endeavor in a place like this. He watched as she sent a tidal wave to try and stop them, yet another vain effort to avert their course. That's when he heard her yell,
"What kind of trick are you playing now!?" She yelled as she walked closer to him. He simply climbed out of the water onto a wooden pole that had remained more or less in one piece.
"You should talk." He replied, his face impossible to read. "You're the one conjuring fireball, lightning bolts, and tidal waves. Am I not entitled to using my powers? Oh, and by the way, you might want to dodge those." He finished sadonically.

OOC: You got my post wrong, I said I rode the tidal wave to go over the stars, not sent it to stop them.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:27 am

Nate wrote:
Rattigan watched as the girl sent a fireball to try and stop the stars. A pathetic attempt. He thought. The only way to keep the stars from hitting you is to dodge them, not an easy endeavor in a place like this. He watched as she rode a tidal wave over the stars, not to shabby for such a young girl. That's when he heard her yell,
"What kind of trick are you playing now!?" She exclaimed as she moved closer to him. He simply climbed out of the water onto a wooden pole that had remained more or less in one piece.
"You should talk." He replied, his face impossible to read. "You're the one conjuring fireball, lightning bolts, and tidal waves. Am I not entitled to using my powers?" He finished sadonically.

OOC: Oopsy.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:31 am
 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next