The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:09 pm

[ 3 posts ] 
Mixcraft 

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
I've had this program for awhile, but haven't really dug into it or did anything in it for awhile. I want to start getting back into the program. So, if any other users uses this program, what are your tips for going about something like this?

This can also be the general Mixcraft discussion thread as well.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:15 pm

I used it once but i didnt find its layout super user-friendly and wasn't able to do much with it
I know someone who uses it though and she's done a lott of neat stuff with it, so it definitely has a lot of oppurtunities

Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:11 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
used to use mixcraft back in the day but didn't find that I was getting much out of the program, it was a nice little intro to basic DAW functions and I think it was more accessible in the sense of achieving basic actions and ideas, however I later switched to FL Studio and have became more proficient in that, but it's far more harder to get off on the right foot, however I think mixcraft did a good job to introduce me to music making, despite my product at the time being very basic

now, for the actual program, since you've already have gotten the program, you can use this DAW to just learn more about basic music functions, watch some youtube tutorials and after you've gotten a bit of the ropes, try playing around with ideas and have some fun: learn, play, produce, cut, go learn something new, apply it, etc.

just have a good balance of learning, experimenting, and making

furthermore, you may want to invest in comparing different Digital Audio Workshops to Mixcraft, see the pros and cons of both, either stick with Mixcraft, switch to fl studio, ableton, reason or whatever, it's just what you feel what would help you the most

also, it's worth the time investing in learning music theory, I've already been learning more and more about it and I've been applying it to my own work and it's been a huge improvement

so I guess to sum it all up, what you want to do is find the DAW you want, say you stick with mixcraft, learn how to do things in mixcraft, then dive in, have some fun creating some tunes, soak up more knowledge, maybe get feedback from the community, and it'll all fall into place

Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:00 pm
 [ 3 posts ]