The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:54 pm

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
March 13, 2009 News (SSF2 v0.4b Released + 1 New Song) 
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: KingTremolo
Currently Playing: Super Mario 64, Monster Hunter 4, Sonic Generations
MultiSenhor wrote:
Luke wrote:
I have another suggestion. You should set the default quality to "Medium" or "Low", it's a sprite game, it doesn't affect that much.

Quality just affect vectorized graphics, so it won't affect the sprites. Besides it would just make the lag on menu be smaller (if theres lag on menu :? ), but it won't make the fights less lagged (or maybe it could, but I think it don't make a big difference). But good, I forgot about that.

Actually, it did wonders for me. It affects the entire rendering engine of Flash. It renders bitmaps as pixelated vectors, just not in the editor.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:04 pm

Luke wrote:
Actually, it did wonders for me. It affects the entire rendering engine of Flash. It renders bitmaps as pixelated vectors, just not in the editor.

Good for you then, it didn't affected anything to me :eew:

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:20 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: KingTremolo
Currently Playing: Super Mario 64, Monster Hunter 4, Sonic Generations
MultiSenhor wrote:
Luke wrote:

Good for you then, it didn't affected anything to me :eew:

Well, that sucks.

I've got one more thing to say: Could you make is so that when you press guard down you throw the item. My friend made a crappy Smash Game, and that was my favorite thing about it, if not then w/e.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:22 pm
Site Admin

The Fredrick Stealer wrote:
Yet again, a great demo. But there's one thing I've noticed ever since you put Sonic in, and I don't think it's been reported: You're using the wrong noise when Sonic dies. That's Falco's death sound.

Is it? That would surprise, I'll look into it. This sound effect was clearly with all the other Sonic sounds I had.

eddypc07 wrote:
The Fredrick Stealer wrote:
Yet again, a great demo. But there's one thing I've noticed ever since you put Sonic in, and I don't think it's been reported: You're using the wrong noise when Sonic dies. That's Falco's death sound.

report it in http://mcleodgaming.com/ssf2bugs/

Yes please!

~Chozo~ wrote:
Cleod change sonic's dash attack plox. Along with all his other aerials...
But Ched did the after images for you.
HIs up aerial needs to be changed to this (this one has both kicks)
THe forward air...
the dair..
and basically everything else in the archive....for sonic anyway.
I'd suggest making this his item throw anim

And this reminds me that you gave sonic's dsmash after images but they don't look good unless the opacity is turned down.

And Cleod add forward tilts p0lease...

More stuff that can go in the bug log...

And the opacity is turned down, you just can't tell sometimes cuz it overlaps a lot

Good reference, thanks!

MultiSenhor wrote:
Ok, so much things to point. But basically, the song in VG isn't EXACTLY the song on SSB64, you may don't notice, but I do. I have all the stage songs for all the smash games, I will make it a zip file and send, it may be useful. (I love the songs...)

And you should use the sprites from Sonic battle for sonic neutral B after images, or at least just make the after images appear when he is MOVING, because it looks weird when he is stand on air with a giant blue dot.

About the dash... I like Brawl's better, anyway np.

I saw some glitches and graphicall flaws (I meant, on the layers), but too lazy to point, you can deal with that.

Like the song, but the last ones were better.

And if you mind, I have a little request for v0.5, a item switch screen, I hate all these items appearing when I just want a SB, and when I make the Item appearence to less than medium it becomes worst...

You have the wrong Link FS (look at the request page), and it will be even more wrong soon.

As said, inclined ground could have more work, how about... like the characters glued on the ground, or maybe give them more gravity and more speed (if it makes sense). So probably they won't fall on ground and stuff.
Love the random option, it make me less less bored to have to select the characters :wee:

Good improvements on Ichigo and Sonic, besides, Sonic's down aerial could use some work, anyway I know that will be improved in 0.5. But Ichigo's side+B don't should give damage, could addapt more to inclined ground or plateaus on ground, less desjuinted hitbox (in same and in frames, it hit even when he isn't attacking anymore, and at a long distance), and have more connection (it push the foes back, but it just don't connect with his movement, they could be more stuck on the attack too).

Dream Land is huge if you compait with SSB64, it is bigger than BF but not THAT big, ok, it isn't a big deal, but for people who have this as "main stage" probably would prefer the actual size...

The bug on the smashballs happen with any item, like:
You can explode a fan and then you get a floating capsule that gives you a FS. The items are randomly changing their sprites.

Dodges (to side) gives immunity to some players, but not for other (like the frames where they glow and don't take damage). Ichigos ground dodge gives immunity to him just when he jumps, bot when he fall he can be easily attacked.

Other than that, it is a great improvement, I feel the game a lot more solid :drool: . I also like the fixes on Link, my main, and a lot of other things, really. I think the same way as AwsomeMan, when I saw that I started to think how awesome 0.5 will be. Focus on engine, not characters or stages (unless it is fixing movesets and stuff), but items are good too :roll:

Sorry for the huge text, but I can't bear so many thinkings...
Hoping my grammar is flawless, as well as ideas are understadable.

That's a lot of stuff you said there, but for the most part it's what I've been getting from other people. That one item thing is pretty serious though, I'll have to really look into that

Luke wrote:
I have another suggestion. You should set the default quality to "Medium" or "Low", it's a sprite game, it doesn't affect that much.

You have the ability to change that on the title screen if you right click

Luke wrote:
I've got one more thing to say: Could you make is so that when you press guard down you throw the item. My friend made a crappy Smash Game, and that was my favorite thing about it, if not then w/e.

Then what would you do in the air to toss items, hm?

Anyway, I guess that's enough commenting here, I think I've heard enough.

:lock:

Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:23 am
 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6