The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:29 pm

[ 9 posts ] 
Searching 

Quote:
Name: Searching. (Explained in Bio)
Race: Human.
Appearance: Messy brown hair with two long tails of hair hanging down on the sides. He wears a jacket patched together out of Dragons skins and has several scars ridged along his arms and eyes. He carries a sword, a shield and a fishing spear on his back and several pieces of climbing and mountain gear in his knapsack. He wears heavy, thick boots with spiked grips and a dragon tooth-laced bandana around his head.
Personality: He bears a grudge strong enough against dragons and dragonkin(anything that looks like a dragon) that he will actively pursue them upon discovery. He is usually cheerful when travelling in a small group or alone, and makes friends with animals very quickly. He is unaware of social norms and will often say things that may get him into trouble in rural areas.
Ability/power: He has no magic powers, although Searching is proficient at setting traps and travelling on terrain that would normally be difficult for others to cross. He has a very strong build that can take a good few hits before going down, and experience from hunting dragons has toned his skin to be rough and mildly fireproof.
His sword is long and thin, and crafted from dragon bone. The handle is bound with leather and is approximately 60 centimeters long. The blade is one long, thin bone with two edges and a permanent red stain along the blood channel. Searching wields his sword in two hands.
Searching also has three grappling hooks that he can throw and pull back in. He uses them primarily for dragging long ranged opponents into his slashing range and climbing.
Bio: Searching lost his name when he was thirteen when a Wyvern attacked his hometown. The village was largely flattened by the attack, with Searching being the only survivor due to his prodigal toughness and speed. He spent two nights looking for his family in the remains, eventually finding them in the rubble where the town hall used to be. Their heads were lying next to bare, chewed up skeletons. He forgot his name in the week he spent mourning and burying the remains of his fellow villagers. After gathering up what he could find, he set off into the forest.
Lost and hungry, he had little experience at foraging and quickly collapsed from hunger. A wandering blacksmith found him and made Searching his apprentice. Under the blacksmiths tuition, Searching took a new name and learned the finer points of crafting and survival. The boy learned how to wield and make all manner of weapons and lived out his teenage years in the blacksmiths hut. There, he obtained his fishing spear and climbing gear.
A dragon tamer came by one day after Searching had spent 14 years with the blacksmith. His muscles were toned, he carried a broadsword by his side and wore a woolen jacket and spiked boots. The dragon tamer offered a show in return for a meal and a nights rest, which the blacksmith heartily agreed to. Searching felt uneasy about the dragons, suppressed memories returning to him. The show went by without any accidents or mishaps, much to the boy’s relief. He went to bed with an easy heart.
And he woke up to the sight of a burning hut and a large, black dragon feeding on his master’s carcass.
He left the forsaken place alone with a new sword, jacket and boot spikes; into the wild again to fend for himself and on vendetta to cleanse the world.
Saying: “Live a life of no regrets so that you have nothing to cry about later.”

An old character who i used in another forum some time back. Comments?

bunny gain world domination!

Last edited by ne0pets22 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:02 am

Grappling hooks don't work like that.

Also, why does he have pig-tails?

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:16 am

Deciton_Reven wrote:
Grappling hooks don't work like that.

Also, why does he have pig-tails?

I like the idea of dragging flying monsters in with a large, barbed object. They could still be used for climbing, but that's boring.

I don't really know. Maybe I was trying to make him look different from all the other characters that other people had made.
And read it carefully. I didn't say anything about braids, they're just long strands of hair.

Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:32 am

They don't have to be braided to be pig tails...

As evidenced here (Two long tails of hair.)

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:57 am

Deciton_Reven wrote:
They don't have to be braided to be pig tails...

As evidenced here (Two long tails of hair.)

Oh, god, no. It's just...

Ok, imagine he had two long bits of hair going down the sides of his head. No ribbons, no gel. Just two nice, thin lengths of hair.

Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:04 am

I'm amazed at how the profile remained great even after the word dragon was placed in every two sentences.

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:56 pm

xnejihatakex19 wrote:
I'm amazed at how the profile remained great even after the word dragon was placed in every two sentences.

Is that a complement?

Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:33 pm
Site Moderator

You know, a harpoon gun would probably be better than grabbing with grappling hooks.

Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Green Mage wrote:
You know, a harpoon gun would probably be better than grabbing with grappling hooks.

He has a harpoon too. And he's strong, he can throw a harpoon.

Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:18 am
 [ 9 posts ]