The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:36 pm

[ 6 posts ] 
The Cardcaptor Sakura Redub Project 

Not sure where I should post this but here should be fine.

Alright first let me say that this is a big project and if you get hired a role you'll stick with it for a long time. For those who don't know what the anime is then check it's wiki page which I have linked here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardcaptor_Sakura

It contains 70 episodes and 2 movies. The series was originally dubbed by Nelvana. It was a decent dub for it's time but awful by today's standards. The second movie came out dubbed even though the series had not finished in the US. Only this movie was redubbed by Geneon with new pretty good voices. Geneon was shut down which means there is almost no chance of a new good dub since Geneon owned all the rights. So I decided to attempt to redub the series in english with limited local cast. Now it's been many years and I've always wanted to redo this whole project since it's a great anime/manga and the only Shojo I've ever enjoyed. I'm pretty sure with my new editing skills and the right voices this could become a reality. Now on to the characters that need voices. (All of them). Note that all casting is only being done for Season 1 at the moment. Also if you were wondering yes I have all the episodes ready for editing. Something else you can do to help is find any songs you can for the soundtrack as well as sound effects to be added in.

Season 1 Characters

Sakura Kinomoto - Kid Female

Description: The main character of the series and her catch phrase is PHWEE which means "what" it will remain PHWEE for this dub.

Audition Lines

1. PHWEE!!!

2. I'll get you!

3. I'm not a monster!

Toya Kinomoto - 17 year old Male

Description: Sakura's Brother. Constantly makes fun of her by calling her a monster. He actually cares for her despite that.

Audition Lines

1. It's funny I could have sworn I heard a monster coming downstairs.

2. Get away from my sister!

I'll post more later. This could take a while...

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:48 pm

No offence or anything but I would really prefer to watch the series in Japanese. I just started re-watching! I love the series even though it's like 4 years old. I think the season finale came out in 2004 in Japan. I would help with Sakura's voice but I don't have a mic...:'( and I'm leaving for 4mnths :'(

Children - Geno

Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:29 am

Currently Playing: myself
so it ended in Japan but got cancelled in the u.s. i always get shafted
this is just like Sailor Moon :evil:

Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:01 pm

I think I'll try Toya. Man, I miss watching Cardcaptors as a kid... Now it's been so long that I've forgotten parts of the theme song, and I used to have that thing memorized.

[11:08:57 PM] Luke: http://puu.sh/1WGsn
[11:09:42 PM] Luke: like ok if it was something funny
[11:09:44 PM] Luke: but
[11:09:50 PM] Luke: really
[11:15:07 PM] Super High School Level Shut-in: lol sigged xD

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:59 am

pimp_named_slinkback wrote:
I think I'll try Toya. Man, I miss watching Cardcaptor Sakura as a kid... Now it's been so long that I've forgotten parts of the theme song, and I used to have that thing memorized.

The correction is in bold. Gee I hate the dubbed name of it. "Carcaptors" sounds so wierd when Cardcaptor Sakura sounds so much better.

BTW, how are we gonna dub this? Like go over to ya house or something?

Children - Geno

Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:17 pm

CardCaptor Sakura wrote:
pimp_named_slinkback wrote:
I think I'll try Toya. Man, I miss watching Cardcaptor Sakura as a kid... Now it's been so long that I've forgotten parts of the theme song, and I used to have that thing memorized.

The correction is in bold. Gee I hate the dubbed name of it. "Carcaptors" sounds so wierd when Cardcaptor Sakura sounds so much better.

BTW, how are we gonna dub this? Like go over to ya house or something?

Oh my, I would have watched the show if had been called that. Now I feel like I missed out on something good...

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:38 pm
 [ 6 posts ]