The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:13 pm

[ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Chibi-Robo 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
TSF|Cookies wrote:
Actually Chibi can regrab Fox before he touches the floor (usually the hardest to do at 0%) and before hitstun ends. Granted, having only two hands might have thrown my timing off a bit there when trying to buffer an attack for Fox.

I looked a bit more into this specific part and used Nair, Bair (both of his fastest aerials at Frame 3) and Shine (Frame 1), and Im 95% sure that Nair and Bair definetly not work for that. Shine might be a thing considering Jump kind of works. That and controlling 2 characters at once and doing frame perfect inputs with both of them is too hard for me, but Ill be naive enough to say that will only work with really good timing. (Yeah, I suck, I know). I guess doing a TAS would be the most reliable way to proof/debunk that though.

Getting a grab on Fox with a proper setup is difficult, but nothing in the realm of the (nigh) impossible. As you said, a good mindgame in form of a bait for example works really well to the point where I keep beating myself up for not doing it enough sometimes.

As mentioned above, Jump (and by extension potentially Shine) is a semi-viable escape option if the Chibi isnt frame perfect (good luck with that online), but that could also be baited and punished with a regrab, and an optimized CG means that stock is gone.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:19 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
TSF|Cookies wrote:
TSF|Cookies wrote:
Actually Chibi can regrab Fox before he touches the floor (usually the hardest to do at 0%) and before hitstun ends. Granted, having only two hands might have thrown my timing off a bit there when trying to buffer an attack for Fox.

I looked a bit more into this specific part and used Nair, Bair (both of his fastest aerials at Frame 3) and Shine (Frame 1), and Im 95% sure that Nair and Bair definetly not work for that. Shine might be a thing considering Jump kind of works. That and controlling 2 characters at once and doing frame perfect inputs with both of them is too hard for me, but Ill be naive enough to say that will only work with really good timing. (Yeah, I suck, I know). I guess doing a TAS would be the most reliable way to proof/debunk that though.

Getting a grab on Fox with a proper setup is difficult, but nothing in the realm of the (nigh) impossible. As you said, a good mindgame in form of a bait for example works really well to the point where I keep beating myself up for not doing it enough sometimes.

As mentioned above, Jump (and by extension potentially Shine) is a semi-viable escape option if the Chibi isnt frame perfect (good luck with that online), but that could also be baited and punished with a regrab, and an optimized CG means that stock is gone.

Like I said, I don't think its a true chain grab. Like a true combo, a true chain grab is when a character remains in hitstun before being grabbed. If a character can escape it, even when perfected, then its not true.

Go fight a Fox and actually test it, not sure why BR members are using CPUs or themselves to test things out.

Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:51 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
For one, CPU testing is pretty good depending on what you're doing, and having humans do stuff can sometimes get screwed up by lag.

I think this sounds pretty legit, especially because you don't need to mess around with the Melee Marth pivot grab shenanigans in SSF2. Getting a grab is usually, I've found, not that difficult, because if you read an SH nair you can dash-back grab to catch the landing.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:03 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
For one, CPU testing is pretty good depending on what you're doing, and having humans do stuff can sometimes get screwed up by lag.

I think this sounds pretty legit, especially because you don't need to mess around with the Melee Marth pivot grab shenanigans in SSF2. Getting a grab is usually, I've found, not that difficult, because if you read an SH nair you can dash-back grab to catch the landing.

I am going to take this with a lot of salt or just throw this out.

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:11 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
^^

Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:44 pm

I am worried about his new up air.

Code, you still need to stop your racism of :blackmage: .

Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:58 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
You shouldn't be.

Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:38 am

Hmmm, can I get confirmation from another dev please. Someone else. >.>

Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:57 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Lord doughnut wrote:

You shouldn't be.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:32 am

Starkiller wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:

You shouldn't be.

-_-

I hope new devs come in soon.

Anyway, I wonder if the new Chibi directional grab will help with his anti air game. I can't wait to see how its implemented.

Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:21 am

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
Lord doughnut wrote:
Starkiller wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:

You shouldn't be.

-_-

I hope new devs come in soon.

Anyway, I wonder if the new Chibi directional grab will help with his anti air game. I can't wait to see how its implemented.

You shouldn't be.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:04 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
inb4 every dev including Cleod comes in

Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:18 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
You shoot a bee

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:57 am
BR Member

looks like Masky needs to step up his reads :pikachu:

In order to try and bring some "life" back into this thread again, I went ahead and made a semi-accurate MU chart. Feel free to disagree (with constructive arguments plz), especially Im not 100% happy with this to be honest (some MUs are really finnicky to pinpoint a number for imo).

Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:17 am
BR Member

I know this is a double post but idc right now

Chibi can Full Hop Double Blaster (FHDB or FHDL) for decreased startup lag on the second shot.

To perform this, there are two ways:

• Perform a fullhop out of a dash. Very shortly after reaching the apex of your jump, start spamming B. If done correctly, Chibi should fire once and put his gun away. Then, while pulling out the blaster a second time, he should land on the ground, causing him to fire instantly while still showing the air blaster animation.
  • The second way was found by Chibi-Robo main Juqavies. Full Hop without moving and mash B really fast. If done well, Chibi will again fire once, pull his gun out for the second shot and land, prompting him to fire early with the air animation still playing.

Chibi retains his ability to angle both shots downwards, although the second shot is harder to aim properly with.

Now this isnt neccessarily new, and Im willing to bet Chibis have done this without really noticing (or maybe someone did and Im super late), but this still deserves mentioning. First of all, Chibi can use this in the neutral to be much more mobile when shooting around (Dash Back B Reverse, RAR Blaster both work if Im not mistaken), making for both a approach option and a pretty safe retreat depending on your momentum. At closer range, I could imagine FHDB -> Uair being a nice KO setup on unsuspecting players (99% not true, but Blaster setups work way too often anyway :pikachu: ). This could also be useful for edgeguarding, although I feel like regular Blaster spam is a better option in comparism.

Shoutouts to Juqavies again for doing half the work here!

Thoughts? Ideas for applications?

Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:04 am
 [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next