The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:07 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 5 posts ] 
Fix up the Spriter's Corner section, Please 

-Users are still posting stolen images/spritesheets

-Users are still posting stolen spritesheets with poor edits

-Users are still talking about SSF2 in the spriters corner topic

-Users, even though are told by other users on their topics, still repeat the same thing.

Suggestions:
-Place the Big Red "DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS IN THIS FORUM" label in the Spriter's corner please

-If possible, also try to add to the label for people not to post stolen images/sprites

-Lock/Move unnecessary topics to the Cemetery, to clear up space for a more organized sprites corner

-Haven't found this one bit in the Spriter's Corner rules section (Welcome to the Spriter's corner) so can you please add this rule to the spriter's corner:

Dr. Geno wrote:
keep your sprites in one topic from now on.

-Fix up the Welcome's Sprite Corner topic by spacing out the rules, keeping it simple, and fixing up all the typos to something more cleaner like this, please

Before and After: show
Before (Currently, the Welcome's Sprite Corner topic)
Quote:
Some recent members have found themselves struggling to understand what kind of content this section is about, allow me to explain;

This section is dedicated to, as it's name implies: sprites! And then I don't mean the soda or fairies. I'm talking about pixels and two-dimmensional images made on computers. Has your interest been sparked in the defination of the word, here iswhere one would find the Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_&#4 ... _graphics)

This section is not for:
-Posting screenshots of SSF2, or discussing fan game in general.
-Posting images you found on google with photoshop filters thrown on top. Such artistic outlets are better left off in the Art section if any.
-Posting 'scenes' or 'fake screenshots' with sprites made by other people (ergo only the composition is yours, all the other work belongs to others, there is nothing to comment on with said pieces.
-Recolours are more or less prohibited (see Additional Rule 1); due to lack of skill required to make them. You're better off posting recolours on Sonic OriginalCharacter forums (Do not steal!), I'm sure they'll love it. (this also applies on sprites with only slight edits)
-3D modeling (even if sprite texture is used) should probably go in the Art section as well, but if you wanna take a gamble you can post it here as well, be my guest. We don't see it that much over here.
-This section is not for placing large requests (like "I'm making a game but I can't sprite please help'). Smaller requests are fine but can go in the 'General Requests topic' rather then their own individual topics.

Couple'd with that are some additional section rules you might want to remember;
-Post sprites that belong to you, not someone else's work. If you edit someone else's stuff then that's not the end of the world either, but be sure to mention it. Avoids possible nasty scenarios for everyone in the future. If you find your sprites stolen, contact the section mod 'Zero Insanity', he'll sort it out.
-Negative comments are just opinions. So please don't be like "don't say negative stuff". Usually people just try to help you. If you think people cross the line, contact the section mod 'Zero Insanity'.

After (Welcome! [The Spriter's Corner guide of rules])
Quote:
This section is dedicated to, as it's name implies: sprites! Sprites are also known as pixels and two-dimensional images made on computers. Has your interest been sparked in the definition of the word, here is the Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_&#4 ... _graphics)

Please do not:

-Post screenshots of SSF2, or discussing fan game in general.

-Post images that does not belong to you unless it's only of reference to what your work is based off.

-Post images with photoshop filters thrown on top. Such artistic outlets are better left off in the Art section if any.

-Post 'scenes' or 'fake screenshots' with sprites made by other people (ergo only the composition is yours, all the other work belongs to others, there is nothing to comment on with said pieces.

-Post recolored sprites/pixels/images due to lack of skill required to make them.

-This section is not for placing large requests (like "I'm making a game but I can't sprite please help'). Smaller requests are fine but can go in the 'General Requests topic' rather then their own individual topics.

Also, Remember that:

-You should only post sprites that belong to you, not someone else's work.

-If you edit someone else's stuff, be sure to mention it and get permission from it's original owner. Avoids possible nasty scenarios for everyone in the future.

If you find your sprites stolen or if you think people are getting really offensive in the spriter's corner, contact the section mod 'Zero Insanity', he'll sort it out.

I know it's not something major to really be concerned about but it does get a bit tedious and annoying in the Spriter's corner. Hopefully, these suggested changes, if considered, will help fix some of those problems

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:54 am

Currently Playing: 3ds
also spriters deserve more than a corner

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:11 am
Site Moderator

MGN Username: Pochi
meh, michael. noobs are noobs, and I don't think nothing will stop them to stop hatching from their noob eggs. A big label would maybe help, but people would still posting "DE SSF2 EXPANSIONS" or something like that. Also the big label wouldn't really work, since some spriters sprite SSF2 related things, like Ayaiken's Samus version. And it's ok. But I second the removing topics to the cemetery idea.

TwitterAsk
Kittenpuncher wrote:
imagine having sex with a clown though
instead of a dick he just has one of those flowers that shoots water out

Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:56 am
Site Admin

Alrighty, I'll get the section all nice and cleaned up. I've been a tad busy lately so I apologize for it not being as clean as it should be. :sweat:

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:37 pm
Site Admin

Thanks ZI!

I will lock since this is getting handled

:lock:

Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:09 pm
 [ 5 posts ]