The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:07 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 2525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 169  Next
Sonic the Hedgehog 

I honestly dont think sega can pull off Tails and Knuckles gameplay after the Werehog incident... especially Knuckles

Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:17 pm
YIM WWW

KAZECoyote wrote:
I honestly dont think sega can pull off Tails and Knuckles gameplay after the Werehog incident... especially Knuckles

I think they should have separate knuckles and tails levels but make them similar to Sonic's only less fast and they should have sections of the level where they would have to use their glide/climb and flight abilities, respectively, to advance. These should be optional bonus levels, of course, because some uber purists wouldn't want to bother with them.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:04 pm

2 New sonic and the black knight trailers. One has lyrics one doesn't and they both have slightly different footage. Also Sonic has a chili dog at 0:20 :wee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7p2iRBvZw8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzdOcmPeX60

Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:41 pm

Kyubisora wrote:
AwsomeMan wrote:
Kyubisora wrote:
AwsomeMan wrote:
Kyubisora wrote:
Black knight will be lame.

there's no flaming in this topic in case you haven't heard, so unless you actually have something constructive to offer to the discussion don't post, please.

:facepalm: Flaming? Flaming what? All I did was simply posted a opinion about a game going to be lame and you put up all this crap thinking your doing somthing.

allow me to repeat myself
AwsomeMan wrote:
but he didn't even offer any reason or actual discussion material. if you think it's bad, what you should say is "I don't think this game will be good because (key word) such and such reasons". not this "Black knight will be lame". note how he just meaninglessly flamed the game

I don't mind you posting your opinion. Just say why. That's the difference in discussing and flaming. unless i'm confused on the definition of flaming, which I don't think I am. and you didn't have to fruitlessly try to justify your post. what you could have done using the same amount of effort is said
"oh, okay. my reasons for thinking this game will be lame are blah, blah, and blah."
then everyone would be happy and we could move on with the discussion.
LOL fruit.

Don't mess with Awesomeman. :wee:

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:35 am

Kamuki wrote:
2 New sonic and the black knight trailers. One has lyrics one doesn't and they both have slightly different footage. Also Sonic has a chili dog at 0:20 :wee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7p2iRBvZw8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzdOcmPeX60

Is that.., Sharah?

an lol at Palidin Sonic at the endanger

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:26 am
YIM WWW

brendenBAXRLY wrote:

damn straight

the videos look great.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:17 pm

brendenBAXRLY wrote:
Kyubisora wrote:
AwsomeMan wrote:
Kyubisora wrote:
AwsomeMan wrote:
Kyubisora wrote:
Black knight will be lame.

there's no flaming in this topic in case you haven't heard, so unless you actually have something constructive to offer to the discussion don't post, please.

:facepalm: Flaming? Flaming what? All I did was simply posted a opinion about a game going to be lame and you put up all this crap thinking your doing somthing.

allow me to repeat myself
AwsomeMan wrote:
but he didn't even offer any reason or actual discussion material. if you think it's bad, what you should say is "I don't think this game will be good because (key word) such and such reasons". not this "Black knight will be lame". note how he just meaninglessly flamed the game

I don't mind you posting your opinion. Just say why. That's the difference in discussing and flaming. unless i'm confused on the definition of flaming, which I don't think I am. and you didn't have to fruitlessly try to justify your post. what you could have done using the same amount of effort is said
"oh, okay. my reasons for thinking this game will be lame are blah, blah, and blah."
then everyone would be happy and we could move on with the discussion.
LOL fruit.

SHUT UP! :wee:

Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:10 pm

AwsomeMan wrote:
brendenBAXRLY wrote:

damn straight

the videos look great.

elohel, that rhymes :wee:

Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:18 pm
YIM WWW

LOL wow that game MIGHT be good.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:26 pm

Kyubisora wrote:
LOL wow that game MIGHT be good.

Yes it might. But still just don't mess with Awsomeman unless your looking for :( .

Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:43 pm

Location: In your computer, watching your every move through the monitor.
What bugs me about the people who are obsessed with the old games and think every one after S3&K is that they always talk about how the old games were all about speed, there isn't enough speed in the new games, you actually have to stop and do *gasp* PLATFORMING! You know, they love so much in everything else but suddenly hate in there beloved speed driven series. The only problem with that is you had to stop and think in the old games all the time too. Go back to Sonic The Hedgehog for the Genesis and play through it, but pay attention to things like Marble Zone and the like. Then, play through one of those alleged slow new games games with the yucky platforming and tell me how bad it is.

In the immortal words of Jaleel White...
"I'm waaaaiting......"

Now, on the flip side, playing as other characters in new games was boring. Playing as Knuckles or Tails in Sonic 3 was fun because it was pretty much the same, but different enough to make it worth doing. Playing as Tails or Knuckles in SA2 wasn't fun because you had to walk around in a giant Mech suit or *shudderes* hunt for emerald shards, which was boring. Don't even get me started on Big the Cat in SA1... So what am I getting at so far? The early 3D Sonic games were still pretty darn tutin' as long as you were playing as Sonic. What was the next step?

Teamwork. Sonic Heroes had you play as Sonic, or four other characters that were exactly like him, constantly followed by tails and Knuckles, or eight other characters that were exactly like them. So no more hunting for emeralds (Thank you God) or walking around in giant Mech suits, but at the expense of making what was left not as fun. Sonic Heroes wasn't bad, but it was a step in the right direction. Though frankly, i'd rather have awesome game play waded down by mediocre game play in between than less mediocre but still not awesome game play the whole way through. But what next? The game everyone loves to hate or hates to love...

Shadow the Hedgehog. Yes, I went there. Going on the record here, I loved this game. Looking past it's flaws I found it, pretty enjoyable. Not only did you have the game play found in the Sonic sections of early 3D Sonic games, you didn't have to worry about hunting for emeralds or... well, you get the idea by now. Not only that, it isn't like Sonic Heroes, it's above average. What happened? Why is it so hated? Guns and vehicles. I'm gonna go on the record again in saying that I think The Ultimate Life Form using weapons and a character as fast as Sonic using a vehicle is stupid as hell, and while it does take away from the games style, it was still fun. The shooting mechanic worked pretty well and helped against smaller enemies, and had it just been blasts of Chaos Energy, it would have been perfect. The vehicles? Well, they weren't a requirement so I choose not to get too hung up on them. It wasn't perfect, the Sonic levels in SA and SA2 were better, but it was a new experience and it was a quality experience. Mostly...

I'm not even gonna bother with Sonic 06. Sega f*** up, it was a mistake with little to no reason to play. Let's just not dwell on it.

The music was pretty sweet, though.

Sonic and the Secret Rings, released around the same time, is worth talking about though. Sure, it was mostly a spin-off, but a good one. You only played as Sonic? Check. It was fast? Check. It was fun? Check. Yup, this is what an entry into the main series should be like, game play wise anyway. Sure, it had a few problems. The camera doesn't change when you go in reverse, stuff like that, but it's a good general idea to follow.

And that they did with Sonic Unleashed. Only big problem, Werehog stages. You're still playing as Sonic, but really? They were alright, but when you have to play through four for every one daytime stage, it gets annoying. And the day time stages aren't without problems. Sure, there fast and fun, but where's the platforming? It was in just about every game up til' now, but then you drop it. The experience is hollow without it, at least to me it is. The Werehog levels provide a good share of platforming... and fisticuffs, but when it outweighs the speed and it's separated into other levels, it just doesn't work.

So what am I getting at here? A few things. One, I think old Sonic fans have every right to criticize the new games, because they aren't as good. but, they aren't nearly as bad as they're made out to be (for the most part), and they're getting better. Two, Sonic isn't all about speed, platforming has always been there and just because you didn't notice until now doesn't mean it hasn't. There's still plenty of speed in the new games so get being so eager to hate everything and quite getting hung up over every little detail. Three, Sonic Heroes was worse than Shadow the Hedgehog.

So what do I want to see in the next Sonic game? Balance. I want speed, but I want platforming too, and I don't want them to be separate. I don't care if you play as other characters besides Sonic as long as it's still fun like playing as Knuckles or Tails in Sonic 3. just get it right, damn it!

McLeodGaming Forum Mafia now taking sign-ups. Get in on the action before it's too late!

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:45 pm

I stopped reading when you said SA2 was fun as Sonic.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Location: In your computer, watching your every move through the monitor.
Sea wrote:
I stopped reading when you said SA2 was fun as Sonic.

I never said it was, I just said it isn't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. I also talked about how bad playing as characters other than Sonic has been in recent games. Come to think of it, that opening rant was pretty much only talking about the parts were you play as Sonic in newer games.

McLeodGaming Forum Mafia now taking sign-ups. Get in on the action before it's too late!

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:32 pm

i agree with about 80% of that rant.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:50 pm
 [ 2525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 169  Next