The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:48 pm

[ 808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 54  Next
Sonic 

Waifu: zero suit wario
Basically Dreamcast/Advance era to Modern era.
Nice.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:15 pm

I dunno why but I see the Advance era and Dreamcast era being two completely different.....eras...

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:48 pm

Welp, the Sonic eras are pretty much arranged like this:
Classic Era: Genesis (Sonic 1)-Saturn(Sonic R)
"Dreamcast?" Era: Dreamcast (Sonic Adventure)-Xbox 360 (Sonic 06, sad ending, I know)
Modern Era: Wii (Sonic Unleashed) - Today

The advance games pretty much came out in the second era so I placed them there. And Sonic Adventure DX came out while the Sonic Advance games were being made so yee

Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:33 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Usually the start of the modern era, also known as the Downfall arc, is considered Sonic 06. Sonic Colours launches what is collectively known as the Redemption arc

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:33 am

MGN Username: Goesul
If the VA for the Advance games is Ryan, then it's probably the Dreamcast era.

So is anyone worried Super Sonic might not have a moveset? They could have just given him the SSB4 final smash, because he's just floating in the air at the end there, as if he's ready to start flying around.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:46 am

Normally, as all of us may know, Super Saiyan Sonic has no moveset. In the games, Sonic had the bounce bracelet, insta-shield and all that other jazz but once you collect the seven Dragonballs Chaos Emeralds, he loses all those abilities and it just enables him to jump higher, move faster and destroy enemies with a simple touch. And that's how it should be in Beta imo. But still, having a moveset for Super Sonic would be gucci :chibirobo:

Also, the VA for Sonic in the Advance series was Ryan Drummond so I guess you could say Advance Sonic is in the Dreamcast section of Sonic's rather unfortunate life.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:31 pm

Yeah well, his main method of attacking in Sonic Adventure 1&2 was simply ramming.
His 0.9b moveset is pretty cool, though :chibirobo:

Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:37 pm

MGN Username: DatSanicFan
Currently Playing: I'm poor so I can't afford games
Waifu: Cory Baxter
Steven wrote:
Usually the start of the modern era, also known as the Downfall arc, is considered Sonic 06. Sonic Colours launches what is collectively known as the Redemption arc

Sonic Unleashed was GOAT tho

Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:08 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Steven wrote:

Unfortunately the Redemption arc only lasted two games :v

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:32 pm

MGN Username: Goesul
I suppose Super Sonic has never busted out moves like he does in 0.9b (actually I think he did in Sonic Chronicles), but it would be better if Super Sonic at least did something more interesting than being surrounded by hotboxes for 15 seconds.

Maybe he can have boosting. Maybe pressing a direction and special or attack can do some sort of flight or boost-related attack. Maybe him having a moveset isn't totally accurate to the games, but at least have him do something other than just fly around, it's a dull final smash.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:51 pm

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
I never really use Final Smashes so it doesn't really upset me that much

But losing Final Forms due to respriting kinda sucks to me.

Fire Mario was bae. He even was able to use Mario Finale at the end of it.
Super Sonic was bae too. The OP homing attack is so fun to use.

All the anime characters' final forms are pretty OP but I don't see those getting changed to OHKOs soon, so lucky them.

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:57 pm

:sonic: Please don't remove the Super Sonic moveset. I can already tell that you are going to. First of all, I absolutely love the moveset. Second of all, ssf2 is becoming way too much like ssbb and ssb4. I don't mean in terms of gameplay, after all, the pace of ssf2 is refreshingly fast compared to the newer Smash installments. I meant in terms of movesets. Mega man is completely different in Beta, and now Sonic as well? Part of ssf2's charm was the uniqueness and thought that went into the characters movesets. Fire Mario was amazing while it lasted, and while I'm not pushing for his return, it sure would be great! Anyway, the uniqueness is still there in the Shonen characters and some other characters like Lloyd and Isaac, but I think you are becoming too much like Smash Bros. Well, I guess I'm not really asking for you to keep Super Sonic's moveset, I think I'm mostly just saying that you shouldn't keep going down this road. Remember what happened to Super Mario 64 HD Remake? Nintendo is watching... Anyway, sorry if I'm wrong and you aren't removing the moveset!

EDIT: I just read the reply directly above mine and yeah, I agree. A resprite is really no reason to lose a moveset. I don't mean to tell you guys how to do your thing, but that kinda sucks. I didn't even realize that was why we lost Fire Mario.

Secondaries: Everbody else.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:36 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
forrestshadow wrote:
:sonic: Please don't remove the Super Sonic moveset. I can already tell that you are going to. First of all, I absolutely love the moveset. Second of all, ssf2 is becoming way too much like ssbb and ssb4. I don't mean in terms of gameplay, after all, the pace of ssf2 is refreshingly fast compared to the newer Smash installments. I meant in terms of movesets. Mega man is completely different in Beta, and now Sonic as well? Part of ssf2's charm was the uniqueness and thought that went into the characters movesets. Fire Mario was amazing while it lasted, and while I'm not pushing for his return, it sure would be great! Anyway, the uniqueness is still there in the Shonen characters and some other characters like Lloyd and Isaac, but I think you are becoming too much like Smash Bros. Well, I guess I'm not really asking for you to keep Super Sonic's moveset, I think I'm mostly just saying that you shouldn't keep going down this road. Remember what happened to Super Mario 64 HD Remake? Nintendo is watching... Anyway, sorry if I'm wrong and you aren't removing the moveset!

EDIT: I just read the reply directly above mine and yeah, I agree. A resprite is really no reason to lose a moveset. I don't mean to tell you guys how to do your thing, but that kinda sucks. I didn't even realize that was why we lost Fire Mario.

heres the thing
final forms double the effort necessary to (re)make a character
and usually they're unbalanced as f*** and not fun to fight against

and also how the f*** is giving sonic his sm4sh final smash gonna attract a shutdown, if anything its gonna prevent it cause then its less like mg is trying to "outdo" nintendo

Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:48 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Crow wrote:
forrestshadow wrote:

usually they're unbalanced as f*** and not fun to fight against

Well it's a final smash... They're supposed to be unbalanced and not fun to fight against. In fact, you're not even supposed to fight them..

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:24 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
forrestshadow wrote:

Going down what road?

Most of the characters have had their main game move sets, with some twists.

Also what's with the people coming all.of a sudden?

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:53 pm
 [ 808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 54  Next