The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:41 pm

[ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 37  Next
Naruto 

MGN Username: Drflash55
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 BETA, Splatoon, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Waifu: I got none.
Apparently, if you are on Turbo, you can combo Fox into a 0%-KO, if you have the correct distance with your attacks...

(Grab, Throw Right, dash attack, u-tilt, repeat about three times, grab, throw down, wait for Naruto to be in his jumping animation on the ground, then cancel with just one high jump and then F-air. If done near a edge, at 80%, Fox will be KO'd...)

Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:24 pm

Drflash55 wrote:
Apparently, if you are on Turbo, you can combo Fox into a 0%-KO, if you have the correct distance with your attacks...

(Grab, Throw Right, dash attack, u-tilt, repeat about three times, grab, throw down, wait for Naruto to be in his jumping animation on the ground, then cancel with just one high jump and then F-air. If done near a edge, at 80%, Fox will be KO'd...)

You can do that to Fox with just utilts and bair without turbo.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:47 pm
BR Member

So I know that the devs probably wouldnt go along with the whole clone cooldown idea, so heres my other pitch for Naruto changes

Uthrow -
Endlag reduced
Fsmash-
Shield knockback increased
Usmash -
Slides forward slightly during the attack
Uair -
Sour uair knockback scaling increased, damage increase to 7%
Neutral B -
Higher charges have larger starting hitboxes (before the move makes contact the energy ball is larger depending on how charged the move is, although it doesnt exceed twice the size of uncharged rasengan)

Dtilt -
Knockback scaling is reduced, and start up has 2 more frame of lag (iffy on this)
Utilt -
Slightly more effected by DI, and has a higher base knockback
Hitbox behind Naruto is a sourspot, knockback more horizontally outward
Dash Attack -
Hitbox doesn’t comeout until the kick.
Neutral B -
Stun removed on Shuriken. Hallelujah.
Side B -
Hitbox size shrunk(mostly from the back), hurtbox/image size remains the same
Down B -
Moderate Endlag increase
Aerial version has no hitbox on the top half of the clones
Up B -
Clone mine will not stun while it is falling, only when it is laying on the ground. Further more, trying to place a clone mine while one is already placed will fail. Also, stun frames on a shielded target will be reduced by 50%
Slight landing lag added
Air up B has slightly increased start up

Stats -
Walk speed slightly increased
Backwards crawl speed decreased
Roll distance decreased

Up B -
Grounded Up B will not drop a clone. This is a two sided coin - on the negative side, Naruto can no longer more or less instantly lock someone in stun, giving him a somewhat janky get out of jail free card while he runs away. On the plus side, Up B kills from the ground are a bit easier, and Naruto gets a little control over when to drop a clone with the above "no replacement" nerf.

I feel that these changes will help balance out the character while preserving most aspects from his current playstyle.

Last edited by goml on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:43 am, edited 6 times in total.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:09 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
WelfareWednesday wrote:
So I know that the devs probably wouldnt go along with the whole clone cooldown idea, so heres my other pitch for Naruto changes

Uthrow -
Endlag reduced
Fsmash-
Shield knockback increased
Usmash -
Slides forward some during the attack
Uair -
Sour uair knockback increased, damage increase to 7%
Neutral B -
Higher charges have larger starting hitboxes (before the move makes contact the energy ball is larger depending on how charged the move is, although it doesnt exceed twice the size of uncharged rasengan)

Dtilt -
Knockback is reduced, and start up has 2 more frame of lag
Utilt -
Slightly more effected by DI, and has a slightly higher knockback scaling rate
Hitbox behind Naruto is a sourspot, knockback more horizontally outward
Dash Attack -
Hitbox doesn’t comeout until the kick.
Neutral B -
Stun removed on Shuriken. Hallelujah.
Side B -
Hitbox size shrunk(mostly from the back), hurtbox/image size remains the same
Down B -
Moderate Endlag increase
Aerial version has no hitbox on the top half of the clones
Up B -
Clone mine will not stun while it is falling, only when it is laying on the ground. Further more, trying to place a clone mine while one is already placed will fail, but this will not effect the clone cooldown time in these cases. Also, stun frames on a shielded target will be reduced by 50%
Grounded Up B does not drop a clone mine.
Landing lag added

Stats -
Walk speed slightly increased
Backwards crawl speed decreased
Roll distance decreased

I feel that these changes will help balance out the character while preserving most aspects from his current playstyle.

About Uthrow, its ending lag is not what makes it hard to follow up with. It's how far up the opponent is sent and the reduced hitstun in his demo is the reason.
the forward smash part I agree with.
Hmmm I would like it if he stays in place while doing up smash because he just dashing up smash.
I'm okay with up air now.
Hmmm like Lucario's aura sphere?

down tilt is okay as it is now because its not that utilized from what I see.

I'm okay with the DI, but the knockback scaling is not necessary.
dash attack is the slide into kick so its fine the way it is, but a little more start up would be okay.
I like the stun on neutral B thank you, but the range could be decreased by a little.
People spam grounded down special?
I'm okay with the hitbox being all over the clones since they're projectiles.
I'm okay with up special as it is.
I would add increased air speed.

I never seen him has OP or Broken and from what I saw neither did anyone else until they fought him online.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:11 am

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
When I think about Rasen Shuriken and it's stun, I think about why fully charged DK punch doesn't get stun too? X]

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:36 pm

MGN Username: tanofbeast
Currently Playing: Skyrim, NCAA Football, NBA 2K, Clash of Clans, SSF2
I know I might comer a little greedy when I say this, but for the final game, change we change Naruto's final form to be the "Six Path Sage."

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:46 pm
BR Member

Does this technically count as a character request?

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:51 pm

MGN Username: tanofbeast
Currently Playing: Skyrim, NCAA Football, NBA 2K, Clash of Clans, SSF2
No, I forgot to add to add it as his final form instead of the outdated Nine-Tailed Form when he had no control over it. I just suggested because the old one is really outdated and the manga just finished.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:55 pm

What I think would be good was if the rasengan was kind of like Goku's nspecial. The fact that Naruto can run around with a fully charged rasengan kind of bugs me. So you could make it so that instead of being able to to charge it and run around and use a charged version of it later, Naruto should charge it while you hold down the special and when you release it he would run the direction he is facing. If you fully charge it, he shouldn't be able to keep the rasenshuriken and be able to just use it later, he should just throw it at the end of the charge like goku's nspecial. Think of it like in Naruto's games(Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revalution), when you use the rasengan, he charges it and charges the opponent. But if you charge it longer, it becomes a giant rasengan. I think it should be like this. I also think if you use the rasengan in the air, you should go down as if it's a dair like it is in Naruto's game. Also get rid of the stun on the rasenshuriken.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:13 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
That would make the move pretty much useless. The uncharged hitbox sucks, so it would essentially require that your opponent had just whiffed Rest.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:27 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
That would make the move pretty much useless. The uncharged hitbox sucks, so it would essentially require that your opponent had just whiffed Rest.

I guess, not unless you make him dash a little faster when you use it.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:32 pm

How do you guys feel about the Naruto vs. Fox matchup?

Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:23 am

TheBlockisHot34 wrote:
How do you guys feel about the Naruto vs. Fox matchup?

Stupidly in Narutos favor, he can juggle him pretty much infinitely with utilt and backair, can clone camp, has better projectile etc

Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:58 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
DStrait wrote:
can clone camp, has better projectile etc

One word: Shine. Shine beats clone camping, Rasen-stuff, can gimp Naruto and beats pretty much everything Naruto has. Id say its in Fox´s favour. He can get his comobs as well, has litltle problems with clones (Shine actually turns Clone Mines against Naruto) and can get his KOs earlier.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:25 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Skailler wrote:
DStrait wrote:
can clone camp, has better projectile etc

One word: Shine. Shine beats clone camping, Rasen-stuff, can gimp Naruto and beats pretty much everything Naruto has. Id say its in Fox´s favour. He can get his comobs as well, has litltle problems with clones (Shine actually turns Clone Mines against Naruto) and can get his KOs earlier.

Also Fox's neutral and back aerials can out-prioritize Naruto's clones. However, Fox is combo food for Naruto and is better at edge guarding. Also if the Naruto player is smart and got momentum than the Fox would be in a bad position.

I would say slightly in Fox's favor or even.

@DStrait
I didn't know you could juggle someone with back air or didn't think it was possible.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:14 pm
 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 37  Next