The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 9:45 pm

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Police pepper spray UC Davis Students. 

They were given a lawful order to move again and again.

They were warned, multiple times, that they needed to move or they were going to get pepper sprayed.

The alternative to pepper spraying them was to forcibly remove them. But, they were all linking arms, which would have required a good amount of physical force to pull them apart, which may have resulted in physical injury.

Pepper spray does not cause physical injury. It was a better choice than using force to remove them.

They have the right to protest lawfully. But when their protests become unlawful and are given direct orders be law enforcement to move, they must comply.

They didn't. They got pepper sprayed.

What's the problem again?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:25 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
there is no problem

lib'rals just need s*** to complain about

Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:21 pm

r u a girl?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Currently Playing: SC2, SSBB (4168-0287-1402)
Anomaly wrote:
They were given a lawful order to move again and again.

They were warned, multiple times, that they needed to move or they were going to get pepper sprayed.

The alternative to pepper spraying them was to forcibly remove them. But, they were all linking arms, which would have required a good amount of physical force to pull them apart, which may have resulted in physical injury.

Pepper spray does not cause physical injury. It was a better choice than using force to remove them.

They have the right to protest lawfully. But when their protests become unlawful and are given direct orders be law enforcement to move, they must comply.

They didn't. They got pepper sprayed.

What's the problem again?

What the f***? You're s*** me.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/11/22/how-painful-is-pepper-spray/?xid=gonewsedit

Quote:
Classified as a riot-control agent and banned for use in war by Article I.5 of the Chemical Weapons Convention, pepper spray is meant to be used against violent attackers who are resisting arrest and threatening physical harm to others. That doesn't apply to the passive protesters at U.C. Davis.

Quote:
Police used batons to try to push the students apart. Those they could separate, they arrested, kneeling on their bodies and pushing their heads into the ground. Those they could not separate, they pepper-sprayed directly in the face, holding these students as they did so. When students covered their eyes with their clothing, police forced open their mouths and pepper-sprayed down their throats. Several of these students were hospitalized. Others are seriously injured. One of them, forty-five minutes after being pepper-sprayed down his throat, was still coughing up blood.

EDIT: It is indeed unlawful to protest this way, but honestly you can't justify the pepper spray. That s*** is painful.

Adopted by Shounic

Last edited by Gookclicker on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:36 pm

pfft what wussies

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Waifu: You!
This is why I hate conservatives. They think they can f*** do everything to people they don't think hold authority and they'll get away with it. How would one of the police like it if someone sprayed pepper spray down his daughters throat? Because that's what happened to someone.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:01 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
Water boarding doesn't cause permanent physical damage so lets do it to people who steal chewing gum.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:43 am

Belthazorous Rex wrote:
r u a girl?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:50 am

If you don't want to get pepper sprayed don't whoopsing protest unlaw(L)fully. Simple.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:01 am
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Quote:
Nathan Brown, an assistant English professor who witnessed the incident, wrote in an open letter: “Several of these students were hospitalized. Others are seriously injured. One of them, forty-five minutes after being pepper-sprayed down his throat, was still coughing up blood... You are responsible.”
No physical injury.

Same article says how the police officers were "feeling threatened".

American cops must be the biggest pussies on the face of the planet, if they're scared by a bunch of SITTING adolescents enough to empty that can of pepper spray into them.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:26 am

Woah I take back my comment, thats a lot worse than I had anticipated.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:28 am

Hakker wrote:
Quote:
Nathan Brown, an assistant English professor who witnessed the incident, wrote in an open letter: “Several of these students were hospitalized. Others are seriously injured. One of them, forty-five minutes after being pepper-sprayed down his throat, was still coughing up blood... You are responsible.”
No physical injury.

Same article says how the police officers were "feeling threatened".

American cops must be the biggest pussies on the face of the planet, if they're scared by a bunch of SITTING adolescents enough to empty that can of pepper spray into them.

Right? Police warned them to move. Infact, the entire debate is invalid because the property that they are protesting on is private property. That's like people protesting on my yard. I'd call the Police and have them removed one way or the other. They are protesting in a school and they are students to it. They are blocking sidewalks, disturbing the peace and refused to cooperate with The Police. The school called The Police to have them removed, they refused to listen because they unlawfully protested. They didn't listen, they got pepper sprayed, they knew the consequences. The argument ends because again, it's on PRIVATE property and YES it does justify using force. I'm not going to allow some kids for example to protest the color of my house or some s*** on my god damn yard.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:48 am
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Anomaly wrote:
Right? Police warned them to move. Infact, the entire debate is invalid because the property that they are protesting on is private property. That's like people protesting on my yard. I'd call the Police and have them removed one way or the other. They are protesting in a school and they are students to it. They are blocking sidewalks, disturbing the peace and refused to cooperate with The Police. The school called The Police to have them removed, they refused to listen because they unlawfully protested. They didn't listen, they got pepper sprayed, they knew the consequences. The argument ends because again, it's on PRIVATE property and YES it does justify using force. I'm not going to allow some kids for example to protest the color of my house or some s*** on my god damn yard.
... You really want me to debate this, when you're comparing a Public Ivy school with your front yard?

How about the 1969 "Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District" suit which extended first amendment rights (the right to peaceably assemble being part of that) to students of public schools?

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Currently Playing: SC2, SSBB (4168-0287-1402)
Anomaly wrote:
Right? Police warned them to move. Infact, the entire debate is invalid because the property that they are protesting on is private property. That's like people protesting on my yard. I'd call the Police and have them removed one way or the other. They are protesting in a school and they are students to it. They are blocking sidewalks, disturbing the peace and refused to cooperate with The Police. The school called The Police to have them removed, they refused to listen because they unlawfully protested. They didn't listen, they got pepper sprayed, they knew the consequences. The argument ends because again, it's on PRIVATE property and YES it does justify using force. I'm not going to allow some kids for example to protest the color of my house or some s#%$& on my god damn yard.

Quote:
Classified as a riot-control agent and banned for use in war by Article I.5 of the Chemical Weapons Convention, pepper spray is meant to be used against violent attackers who are resisting arrest and threatening physical harm to others. That doesn't apply to the passive protesters at U.C. Davis.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Adopted by Shounic

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:26 pm

lol theyre still wussies

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:34 pm
 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next