The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:18 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Block new users from making topics in Idea? 
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Cleod9 wrote:
That's actually another thing I was wondering, if I could make a usergroup that isn't able to access a certain place. Anyone want to be a guinea pig for that? Just tell me a section you don't go in often.

I'll do it.

I've never set foot in any of the RP sections, so you should be able to try it in multiple places.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:10 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Nac wrote:
Hakker wrote:
Nac wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:
That's actually another thing I was wondering, if I could make a usergroup that isn't able to access a certain place. Anyone want to be a guinea pig for that? Just tell me a section you don't go in often.

This could be specially usefull for kicking people out of sections...

for instance, if someone starts creating a lot of stupid topics in upcoming games, I can just kick them.

Let's not start making a usergroup for every darn section...

The idea would be creating a "kicked group" ... for example, if you starts being a pain in the a** in the pr' section, you'll be part of the "RP' section kicked group", and therefore, you won't be able to post in the RP' sections...

it was an idea man, nothing else. /:|

There needs to be a mod for this. There has to be.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:33 pm

I'm totally against this! I (and others) may be new, but that doesn't mean that we're n00bs. And the post count idea is unfair. I post mostly in the game section, and posts don't go up there, so I'll never reach the magic number. I think it should simply be that if someone acts n00bish, the staff acts accordingly. Don't punish all newbies just cuz of what the n00bs do.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:18 pm

We could bring back the post counting to increase in all sections... but that promotes post whoring...

So Mr. Cleod... what is your decision? Newbies with cool ideas don't get to post, or bring back post count to all sections.

Section for the dick suckers moderators to make them feel special talk about important issues on the forums. It's just a forum that is named "moderator section"

Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:03 pm
Site Admin

Lucy Nettims wrote:
We could bring back the post counting to increase in all sections... but that promotes post whoring...

So Mr. Cleod... what is your decision? Newbies with cool ideas don't get to post, or bring back post count to all sections.

Posting counting is fine the way it is.

SolidKlonoa wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:

I'd try it if you don't mind, PC Gaming

Try going in to PC Gaming now and tell me if it works

(And guys I don't need all of you, let's just see what happens with SolidKlonoa)

Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:57 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Cleod9 wrote:
Lucy Nettims wrote:

Posting counting is fine the way it is.

SolidKlonoa wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:

I'd try it if you don't mind, PC Gaming

Try going in to PC Gaming now and tell me if it works

(And guys I don't need all of you, let's just see what happens with SolidKlonoa)

D: Nobody loves me! *cuts wrists*

Anyway, this is a good idea. If we can teach n00bs how to use their head for something other than eating, we'll get less spam, and we could probably end up with more good members.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Last edited by Kittenpuncher on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 pm
YIM WWW
Site Admin

Looks like my idea failed, so far I'm unable to block a user from a specific section using the method I tried...

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:49 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Cleod9 wrote:
Looks like my idea failed, so far I'm unable to block a user from a specific section using the method I tried...

...So I assume it wasn't you that set up the spam section acess? Or are you just trying a new method that isn't working?

Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:45 pm

Tid wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:

...So I assume it wasn't you that set up the spam section acess? Or are you just trying a new method that isn't working?

DT did the spam section access.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:50 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Shounic wrote:
Tid wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:

Ah. Sorry. My mistake. How is it going cleod?

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:55 am

Tid wrote:
Shounic wrote:
Tid wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:

Maybe, instead of asking Cleod, you should ask DT, you know, cause he is the one that apparently knows how.

Section for the dick suckers moderators to make them feel special talk about important issues on the forums. It's just a forum that is named "moderator section"

Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:48 am
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Lucy Nettims wrote:
Tid wrote:
Shounic wrote:
Tid wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:

Maybe, instead of asking Cleod, you should ask DT, you know, cause he is the one that apparently knows how.
Cleod's trying another method to avoid making a usergroup, because then, things would get sticky.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:08 am

Currently Playing: SC2, SSBB (4168-0287-1402)
It would be easier to make a usergroup... because I'm pretty sure you can even set it where unwanted users can not even view the section.

Adopted by Shounic

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:01 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
In the userCP you can unsubscribe from a usergroup, can't you? Wouldn't that let you back in? .-.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Waifu: I'm married
~DarkNess(TSON)~ wrote:
In the userCP you can unsubscribe from a usergroup, can't you? Wouldn't that let you back in? .-.

No person stupid enough to post ssf2 stuff in the ideas section would've been able to think of that until you posted it.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:58 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next