The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:06 am

[ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 36  Next
McLeodgaming Mafia XI [Pick Your Poison] 
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
I don't personally see anything wrong with nixter either. I pointed out that he acted over defensive, and I figured if I pressured him which a vote and he overreacted again, it would mean he was scum. He reacted well though, so my suspicion is off of him for now. unvote:nixter

AMA

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
I don't personally see anything wrong with nixter

Look harder.

Let's look at what how Tid was killed.

-He was active
-He openly protested, and with good points, which could be a factor in his death.
-Mafia may have though eye for an eye was benficial to them, and Tid was protesting hard.

If you guys come up with something else please share it.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:43 pm

beneficial*
thought*

Sorry

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:43 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
So what exactly are you getting out.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:45 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
135 wrote:
It's interesting that they chose to off Tid, even though people were disagreeing with him. I mean, like, I suppose if a player is thought of by the majority as presenting unsound strategic discussion, it makes them look more suspicious, no?

135, I don't get why are you having so much trouble figuring this. As proven by Mg Mafia 10, Tid is a very valuable player in the long run. Probably, Mafia decided to take the "the sooner we kill him, the better" way and took him out, especially considering that, after all that discussion and disagreeing with other players, he wouldn't be protected by a JK (if there's one).

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:47 pm
Site Moderator

Dephius wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:

Look harder.

-He was active
-He openly protested, and with good points, which could be a factor in his death.
-Mafia may have though eye for an eye was benficial to them, and Tid was protesting hard.

I'm perfectly aware of the reasons Tid was most likely killed. To me it seems he was killed just because he was a good player. But why does that point to Nixter being the Mafia? There's nothing rally wrong with him except for maybe an over use of "yo". And btw, Nixter was the one who brought up the eye for an eye thing if I remember correctly, and tid agreed with him. I don't think the Mafia would kill off a good player who agreed with one of their members' ideas.

AMA

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:03 pm

I was infact the one who brought up the eye for an eye.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:11 pm

TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Dephius wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:

Look harder.

-He was active

I'm perfectly aware of the reasons Tid was most likely killed. To me it seems he was killed just because he was a good player. But why does that point to Nixter being the Mafia? There's nothing rally wrong with him except for maybe an over use of "yo". And btw, Nixter was the one who brought up the eye for an eye thing if I remember correctly, and tid agreed with him. I don't think the Mafia would kill off a good player who agreed with one of their members' ideas.

I was talking about his personality, I haven't said anything relating Nixter to scum yet.

Tid wrote:
Nixter wrote:
But an eye for an eye this early is GREAT, it would cause confusion most likely and then a townie is already dead! We don't exactly have much to go off of ATM, and an eye for and eye would be skimming potential information and stuff.

No. I don't agree with this. The option is not great at all, and not any more preferable because it's early in the game. I do not think it is what the mafia is or was trying at any point. I'm mentioning that it may not be as benefit-free for the mafia as you were implying.

I don't think Tid was agreeing at all.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:16 pm
Site Moderator

My mistake. I didn't actually read back, because I'm posting from my phone and going from page to page and posting is a pain in the a**. I had just remembered BB saying it was a bad idea and Tid was arguing with him.
When I said "nothing wrong" with nixter, I was referring to scummy things. Yes, his personality in his postings could use some work, but he still seems null/town to me.

AMA

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:23 pm

I'm going to assume null means neutral.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:27 pm
Site Moderator

It means haven't determined whether you're scum or town, so yes essentially neutral.

AMA

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:32 pm
SSF2 Developer

Quote:
135, I don't get why are you having so much trouble figuring this. As proven by Mg Mafia 10, Tid is a very valuable player in the long run. Probably, Mafia decided to take the "the sooner we kill him, the better" way and took him out, especially considering that, after all that discussion and disagreeing with other players, he wouldn't be protected by a JK (if there's one).

I had that in mind as well as my primary theory. I was just looking for responses to see what other people would think, since responses would be helpful. I originally thought that you were a likely Mafia candidate because you know how well Tid plays (Skype games lol), and might possibly consider him such a threat that you'd rather get rid of him yourself than have the town get rid of him (a lot of people were disagreeing with him, so perhaps some might think that he was trying to feed us with false assumptions).

But your response seems...rather...non-suspicious. I suppose I suspect you a bit less now. I might still come back and analyze this post further, though.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:41 pm
Site Moderator

Where's BelieveBlood? He hasn't posted yet Day 2. I'd like his input on what's going on.

AMA

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:05 pm

Yes I don't like the way Nixter is acting. Wether this is a result of just playing bad or actually being a mafia is beyond me.
He was first inactive and was then investigated by Tid because of it, but that was shortly stopped.
Then he constantly insist that the eye for an eye tactic was good even though people kept telling him that it wasn't, the only ones who backed him up were Dephius(temporarily) and Tid(not completely).
He then votes for a no lynch(personally anyone who banwagoned on that looks scummy.).
When day two rolls around Tid dies and Nixter almost immediately implies it was because me and him were arguing, even though there were four other people who would also look scummy in the process
He also insist that the mafia would want to do that as an expected twist similiar to how the eye for an eye tactic he implied.
When he gets accused of something he gets defensive and tries to redirect the problem to something else(Sonicstormer)
If you put all these together you can't help but feel a little suspicious of him, but he hasn't had such a good track record so I really don't know if this is the result of bad play or not.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:43 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
135 wrote:
But your response seems...rather...non-suspicious. I suppose I suspect you a bit less now. I might still come back and analyze this post further, though.

I see. Do you have any other suspicions? Also, I haven't read you about the Nixter issue. Any thoughts?

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:46 pm
 [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 36  Next