The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:08 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 95  Next
The Legend of Zelda 

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
honestly i didn't really want new features out the a** i like the game as it is. if they fix a few things that made the original suffer than thats fine. the game also looks great compared to the original. it's just an HD remake it's not meant to be made from the ground up i mean do we really want Zelda U to be delayed again for a HD remake.

YouTube Video:

I AM APPLE

Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:09 pm

Currently Playing: Street Fighter 5 Fighter ID: NDT_Mighty. PM me to fight.
It's an HD re-release, not a remastering. People who assumed it would magically look as good as the new game are stupid.

Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:25 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
it could at least look better than a late Wii game

Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:31 pm
YIM
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: umib and unib
Waifu: SNAIL
it SHOULD look better than it does

if i wanted to play f*** tp in 1080p with pretty much the same graphics i would just play it on wii mode

it probably wouldnt look much different than the re-release

Image Image Image

early 2k nostalgia mode

Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:31 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
it actually looks like trash LMAO i was laughing so hard when they revealed it i couldnt figure out if it was the original or not like i was expecting they were going to swap over to a comparison shot but nope that's just twilight princess HD

turns out that art style doesn't age too well!!! whod have thunk it!!!

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:03 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Tid wrote:
i couldnt figure out if it was the original or not
oh good
Glad I'm not the only one lmao

Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:26 am

Currently Playing: UNIST
yeah, my friend and i were the same way. i only noticed because the textures looked a little cleaner.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:35 am
YIM

Currently Playing: Street Fighter 5 Fighter ID: NDT_Mighty. PM me to fight.
Wind Waker was the same exact thing though, just up-res'd textures but with bloom effect cranked up to 11. This is the same treatment here minus the absurd amount of bloom.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:45 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
You're wrong and you know it. Wind Waker looks incredibly different from every angle. The new lighting engine worked wonders on it. Please stop with your hilariously sad damage control of their s*** product.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:58 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Similair to Tid I actually couldn't tell TP HD apart from the original. It seems the most prominent change is that everything seems less blurry because one of the filters or so got removed. The textures and models still appear the same.

All in all I wasn't really interested or hyped about TP HD from the start, but it seems dissappointing regardless. I'm not 100% sure what they intended the game to be. Wind Waker at least adresses some of the game's most critized points in addition to making it look significantly better, whereas Twilight Princess is not really doing either of that it seems. It feels to me as if TP HD is just a filler Zelda to release during the wait for Zelda WiiU.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:28 pm

Wind Waker HD was literally the same but with that Bloom though. that Bloom made it Pop out which isn't really something they can do with TP without f*** up it's overall look. twilight princess is a hell of alot more detailed than WW fixing up textures and adding details is all the game really needed. if they did anymore to the graphics than all the assets would have to be made from scratch and that's no fun when your working on some other Bigger project. like i don't get it exactly what more could they do to please people.

s*** WWHDs bloom affect at times was f*** painful on the eyes that s*** was so bright.

I AM APPLE

Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:32 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
baron von jiggly wrote:
Wind Waker HD was literally the same but with that Bloom though.

That's not true. It had an all new lighting engine which was BEAUTIFUL and significantly changed the look of the game. The only time bloom was an issue was on outset island and when you're approaching islands by boat. Otherwise you were never in a big enough area for it to matter as much as the Internet would like you to think. They addressed MANY of the game's highly criticized areas such as the slow, tedious sailing. The Quick Sail or whatever it's called made sailing two times faster. It fixed the triforce piece quest. It added the gamepad start screen to make switching weapons more streamlined and fast. I get so triggered when people say the only change was bloom, holy s***. Did you even play the game or did you go on /v/ once the day it was released to form an opinion?

Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:31 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
yeah honestly Wind Waker HD is the game that really sold me on the Wii U's features

Because it's not some stupid minigame, it's a real live video game made better by gamepad screen inventory switching, miiverse integration and the gyro

That alone ought to make it worth revisiting

Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
Well, guess how many feminists are happy that there's a female Link now.

Here's a hint: none. You can never make feminists happy.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Geno wrote:
baron von jiggly wrote:
Wind Waker HD was literally the same but with that Bloom though.

That's not true. It had an all new lighting engine which was BEAUTIFUL and significantly changed the look of the game. The only time bloom was an issue was on outset island and when you're approaching islands by boat. Otherwise you were never in a big enough area for it to matter as much as the Internet would like you to think. They addressed MANY of the game's highly criticized areas such as the slow, tedious sailing. The Quick Sail or whatever it's called made sailing two times faster. It fixed the triforce piece quest. It added the gamepad start screen to make switching weapons more streamlined and fast. I get so triggered when people say the only change was bloom, holy s***. Did you even play the game or did you go on /v/ once the day it was released to form an opinion?

Geno i was taking about the visual aspects of how twilight princess wouldn't benefit as much from something like windwaker got because of how dark the game is meant to look.

literally all of the bonus game play features haven't even been touched on or talked about for TPHD they said they would do that in a future direct or through something else down the line . i can't compare new features if they haven't shown any.

also i own the WWHD WiiU geno i played the game. I said the bloom affect was blinding at times not through the whole game. most of the game it was fine but since i never beat the original WW i did alot of exploring so there were alot of times i got blinded by the bloom.

I AM APPLE

Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:43 pm
 [ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 95  Next