The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:58 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 19337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1286, 1287, 1288, 1289, 1290  Next
Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS 

Waifu: zero suit wario
BandanaDeeMain wrote:
it's weird.
especially since sm4sh is the worst smash bros game, it shouldn't get any attention
(only good part was Smash Run)

Legit I feel this game could have been good had it not been like
split into two different systems
if it was only on Wii U i feel we could have gotten content on the same tier of goodness as the 3ds version but like, on hd

also sakurai's reason to not making a story mode was so dumb, lol
he could have just said: "this game has a huge roster i don't want to make a story out of this" which would have been fair game, but he went onto this tangent of "subspace didn't work because people posted the cutscenes online after the game came out, ruining the surprise" which is like

what? lmao

Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:57 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
that quote is pretty frequently taken out of context

what he meant by that was that there's no reason to spend eight hundred billion dollars creating cutscenes as a selling point/reward for something in the game when people will just put it on the internet anyway

instead you could use that money - as they did - to create a bunch of sick trailers for the game

Viewed through this lens, you could say that a lot of money was spent for Brawl to have a couple dozen release date trailers, most of which showing no new information at all

I'm glad the SSE happened but he made the right choice

Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:50 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Still, I'm gonna miss having a proper story mode. It's the reason Brawl is my favorite official Smash game. If only Flash of Shadows was still a thing.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:11 am

MGN Username: bagrielmarmanjo
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N (rarely), GBA Kirby Games, SSBC, Deltarune
Waifu: i like bepis
Maybe someday there will be a story mode for SSF2, just depends on if the devs can make alot of content, a good storyline and be creative.

out of ideas here '-'

Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:46 am

MGN Username: T-Permutation
Currently Playing: Parsec and sometimes Fightcade.
bagrielmarmanjo wrote:
Maybe someday there will be a story mode for SSF2, just depends on if the devs can make alot of content, a good storyline and be creative.

Pardon if I sound rude, but at this point I don't think the devs will recycle the adventure mode thing into the past and make it a true dream come true, it's just less likely considering the amount of effort that it'll cost.

Good times at helping this great community
My discord: TheGodTierCeviche#0303

Also join Zimbax's discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/eevq7YJ

Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:14 am

Dust_the_1000 wrote:
bagrielmarmanjo wrote:

Pardon if I sound rude, but at this point I don't think the devs will recycle the adventure mode thing into the past and make it a true dream come true, it's just less likely considering the amount of effort that it'll cost.

I'm pretty sure it was deconfirmed at some point. SSE's the best Smash crossover story we're getting.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:20 am

Term wrote:
that quote is pretty frequently taken out of context

what he meant by that was that there's no reason to spend eight hundred billion dollars creating cutscenes as a selling point/reward for something in the game when people will just put it on the internet anyway

instead you could use that money - as they did - to create a bunch of sick trailers for the game

Viewed through this lens, you could say that a lot of money was spent for Brawl to have a couple dozen release date trailers, most of which showing no new information at all

I'm glad the SSE happened but he made the right choice

Oh yeah, I absolutely agree on this, trailers were on a whole other level on Smash 4, so I'm honestly good the story mode cutscenes got ditched in favor of the trailers, so yeah, sorry if i misinformed people with my quote

Albeit, my complaint wasn't on there not being a story mode on the game (cause I can't blame them for not trying with how much bigger the roster was on release) but rather....
I feel we could have probably gotten something nice for single player still, an Adventure Mode akin to Melee (but not undercooked) without story or the like would have been fun, and it's my biggest issue on this entry

Mainly how the single player content is usually just fights you can mostly recreate on your own on the Multiplayer mode (and I feel this issue is still a bit on Ultimate with how it managed World of Light).
We got Smash Run on 3ds which delivers that charm pretty well, but on Wii U all we got was Master Fortress and, mannn

I miss single player sections in smash in general

Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:53 pm
Site Moderator

i agree that sm4sh's single player is the worst in the series by far

it's super frustrating because "mario party but smash" and "city trial but smash" are instant winner 100% slammin Certified Fresh ideas but they both f*** up the execution so bad lmao

Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:59 pm

Yepppp, I feel so bad for Smash Tour which I actually find a lot of enjoyment from but like
blegh it's so poorly executed

Smash Run was wonderful for collecting Custom Moves (although they seriously should have been unlocked by default like Palutena's or the Miis)
I think the worst part is how they ported over some enemies from Smash Run into Wii U on Master Fortress and that just makes me wish these enemies were in hd even more :c

Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:18 pm

SSE turned the normal fighting game into a full on crossover beat-em-up and I loved every moment of it. A shame we ain't getting anything like that again.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:53 pm

I hated a lot of it it has neat moments but it's also really stretched out

Just play kirby super star tbh

Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:00 pm

Yeahhh, I do find SSE more of a guilty pleasure but not like... something I'd constantly play due to Brawl's engine being what it is

Also the enemy design was ehhh, I really wish they used more enemies from their actual universes (like Smash Run did) instead of making up a bunch of mooks that essentially just replace enemies we could have potentially had (imagine Metroid enemies in the Research facility levels or Zelda enemies on the forest or ruin levels, could have worked tbh)

Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:36 pm
Site Moderator

tbh that's one of the reasons I like Melee's adventure so much

gets repetitive but it's just cool as s*** going to all the different game worlds and doing cool things similar to the things that occur in those worlds yknow

could've been neat to revisit that in a more nonlinear way. maybe pull from a pool of a few dozen games (even ones that don't have fighters!!)

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:30 pm

Term wrote:
tbh that's one of the reasons I like Melee's adventure so much

gets repetitive but it's just cool as s*** going to all the different game worlds and doing cool things similar to the things that occur in those worlds yknow

could've been neat to revisit that in a more nonlinear way. maybe pull from a pool of a few dozen games (even ones that don't have fighters!!)

Exactly!! The levels were kinda cool too, I honestly liked all the details they put in the background (like the golf course, the giant mushrooms, all the scenery with pipes) it just screams Mushroom Kingdom honestly, I really wish Melee had more development time than just 13 months because I feel they had the right direction when making it, just not enough time sadly

Oh! I know something that'd make it cooler, maybe have a bunch of 2d levels with alternate pathways? like Star Fox 64, so you can add more replay value into it (and maybe lower the count of levels from 12ish to like... 7 or 8? but you get more options when replaying

Also yeah!! I'd totally love non-fighter franchises to get their own levels, not sure which ones but it sounds cool tho

Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:21 am
Site Moderator

Rhythm Heaven interlude minigame

Smash fans would hate it but I would never stop playing

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:36 am
 [ 19337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1286, 1287, 1288, 1289, 1290  Next