The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:27 pm

[ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Matchup Spread 

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
Actually, :metaknight: could usually just kill by spamming nair/fast fall nair or up air to bair (usually works for me anyway) I just do this if they can just DI out to avoid the of down throw, forward tilt fsmash/turnaround fsmash as :metaknight: .

How is :wario: vs :donkeykong: ? :wario: combos are so deadly when they end with up airs, can DK handle those even though he's a heavy? For anyone who may know this MU (question here meant for :wario: and or :donkeykong: mains).

:wario: s side b is crazy too.

:samus: being OP as she is right now, i'd honestly just say she wins vs :donkeykong: tbh. Plus, does :donkeykong: have a good way of getting past her projectiles? besides perfect shielding?

Practicing: :yoshi:

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:35 pm

MGN Username: IMainPichu
Waifu: Villie
darkrinorex wrote:
I haven't fought many :wario: , but because of how good :wario: 's up air and combos are, it might be even between :wario: and :metaknight: ?

Wario gets destroyed by Meta Knight. He gets comboed easily and he can't do anything because of his poor range. If MK keeps his distance,Wario can't do anything.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 am

Lv. 1 CPU wrote:
darkrinorex wrote:
I haven't fought many :wario: , but because of how good :wario: 's up air and combos are, it might be even between :wario: and :metaknight: ?

Wario gets destroyed by Meta Knight. He gets comboed easily and he can't do anything because of his poor range. If MK keeps his distance,Wario can't do anything.

Yeah, I guess i really should keep my distance a lot, and in my experience, D-air and F-air helps a lot against :wario: . Just lately since I didn't know I had to stay away from :wario: , I found out the hard way that if he gets an up throw on you, you are most likely screwed lol (tho that's just my opinion, still learning that MU) most of his up throws end with a strong up air or waft, so like most people told me for this MU, "don't get hit".

Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:45 am

After some matches, I can honestly say, :bowser: beats :metaknight: .

:bowser: up b beats :metaknight: B-air.

even during :metaknight: neutral jab, roll, jump, :bowser: will still grab you through all that and rekt you (not sure about everyone else, but like someone else said, :metaknight: rolls suks).

I swear :bowser: has smash 4/melee :marth: grab range (not sure if same thing about :donkeykong: too).

Sometimes when I try to grab :bowser: , EARLY, his grab still gets me first (I wasn't the host of room, so idk if it's port priority).

And that fact he can't kill them till like past 120% (besides edge guards or up air strings which is almost impossible to pull off), I can honestly say I think :donkeykong: also wins the MU too (plus :donkeykong: has some nasty/crazy combos too).

:metaknight: is light so he dies so early to them, even when I tried spacing out :bowser: , his F-air basically just destroys you trying to do that (I swear SH F-air from :bowser: has low or no end lag, right?).

I think :metaknight: can still put up a good fight if you know your combos and predict where they will tech to and if you can edge guard them properly, but I still think :bowser: and :donkeykong: rekt :metaknight: .

They have a ton of shield pressure, :donkeykong: , :metaknight: roll suks, :bowser: F-air has a really big hitbox I think, and rekts :metaknight: ( and every other light character I guess), :bowser: really fast, :bowser: can SH F-air or D-air you right into a grab and you can't run away from their grab cause of the range they have with it, :donkeykong: and SH N-air to grab if you shield the N-air(I think).

I don't think :metaknight: has any good defensive options against these 2, or at-least against :bowser: .

Sure I can jump/fly out of shield, but guess what, :bowser: 's grab range will still get you even if you trying to fly away so rip.

:metaknight: 's tech roll.. LUL

If we were to put numbers, IMO, for :metaknight: vs :donkeykong: it would be 45-55 :donkeykong: favor and :metaknight: vs :bowser: 40-60.

Again, this is mostly my opinion.

This image is what I think of :bowser: 's grab and F-air range.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:22 pm

There's another MU I wanna talk about. Many people including some MK mains i've talked to in discord say that :metaknight: loses to :megaman: . After I've fought many :megaman: (i'm pretty sure mostly good ones), Imho, I think :megaman: vs :metaknight: is even.

The only projectile I see as a big problem is crash bomb (maybe that's just me), and for some reason, if you up throw the mega man with crash bomb on early enough, the bomb will disappear, and you can space out mega and hold shield till bomb explodes, and if you time it right, even if they grab you while shield till the bomb explodes the bomb will explode and get you out the grab.

I'm not saying crash bomb is useless, i'm just saying there are some ways to deal with it if people see it as such a big threat as MK imo.

Pellets keep him out? has anyone tried using some of their jumps to try D-air to get in?

I know his up tilt has super armor, and so does his up b, but MK can still edge guard him mostly with B-air.

I also heard Mega mans up tilt is laggy?

Water wave (if that's the name of it)I do see as a good move to help prevent some attempts of edge guarding or up b kill attempts.

Even if mega man does win the MU I don't think it's by a lot, but again I honestly think this MU is even between :megaman: and :metaknight: .

Unless anyone else wanna explain to me why mega man just wins that MU?

Again, just my opinion.

I don't mind a response so feel free to talk about this MU.

Edit: I was told his pellets are lagless so they could sheild if MK tried to fly over and D-air. Hmm

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:50 pm

MGN Username: riku434
Currently Playing: Project M
Waifu: Joseph Joestar
Roast my updated Kirby MU chart.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:39 pm

Ok, so it seems like some people in the dreamland discord thinks :metaknight: beats :bowser: , guess i'm the only one who struggles in that MU then lol (we at-least agree he struggles against DK).

"An mk that knows how to weave in and out of Bowser's range kind of leaves Bowser defenseless
his projectile is slow as **** and not really that well aim-able so its easy to avoid".

Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:53 pm

Updated my Kirby MU chart

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Pac-Man and Kirby Matchup is 55:45 in Pac's favor or possibly even depending on how you look at it. Having bonus fruit from inhaling pac-man is a HUGE advantage. It gives Kirby ways to approach from afar, it gives Kirby a lot more kill setups with z-dropped fruits to hammer as guaranteed. And Kirby can abuse his floatiness to camp out on a ledge and to setup traps with fruits. And Kirby gets a fantastic ledge traping game with fruits as well along with the z-drop galagas and key/bell shenanigans. These attributes compliment Kirby's great wall of pain and fantastic damage racking/combo game. However it is an issue to actually win in neutral against pac-man once to the point where you can inhale pac-man. Mega Man might be a little worse of a matchup for kirby as well due to the fact that it is near impossible for kirby to win in neutral and mega man pretty much invalidates all of kirby's moves and the stupid armor on his up-b makes edge guarding him hard as hell.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:06 pm

MGN Username: EaglePie
Currently Playing: Melee/PM, SSF2, FEH
Waifu: ...idc
yo, whoever's saying DK loses to BD by a good amount, dafuq?
1. DK's bair
Bair is suuuuper good in this matchup. It's gigantic, hits bd on the ground AND EVEN WHILE CROUCHING. It lasts for at LEAST 9 frames (not too sure, but it's long), so you can throw it out leisurely like a wall. Its range is as long as his dong, which means it auto-spaces. This is great for getting above BD while BD is recovering high, and in neutral it's like Jigglypuff bair in Melee but stretched more vertically.
2. DK's grab
This beast is gigantic again because of these hands. It can grab BD IN CROUCH. THis sucker here can probably compete with Melee Marth's grab range. Not only that BUT HIS UP THROW AND F THROW (upwards) ARE OP. If BD DI's down and behind you in up throw, an f smash will need to be timed, but it's a possible 31%. No DI is easier, just up smash or up tilt twice to a possible up air. forward DI is always an f smash, so 31%. Up smash does 29% unstaled, and double up tilt does 27%. WITH UP AIR IT'S 43% AND 41%. Wow. Not to mention f throw upwards, which is unDIable unless you DI behind. Same percents but anywhere you want.

tl;dr (because this is the most important one): up throw and forward f throw are broken, links into an easy up smash/side smash/up tilt, and can be linked with up airs to rack up easy percent.

4. DK's down tilt
This is broken for edgeguards. If you are a decent distance away from ledge and BD recovers low, he's dead. D tilt has gigantic range again, stretching from hands to around the beginning of the body, and his compressed body allows for him to not get hit by the up b even if BD is inside him and simultaneously still hitting BD. It has a decent angle and kills at >100%, depending on DI. D tilt is also an amazing shield pressure tool, allowing for extremely safe pressure and can limit options and pressure opponents well, especially BD, who can't do anything about it, it seems, since it hits BD from a little more than one tile on Waiting Room. That's how long it is.
5. DK's up air
This is not only good from combos, but kills BD if you chain it far enough so that it's near to mid-top of the screen. It legitimately kills around 50%-70% this way. You can easily rack up percent with this and his throws and such things, and up air has a hitbox that is able to hit BD in crouch (though not too easily and only at the end, still possible and therefore still big) and is a superior pressure tool when BD is shielding and on a platform, it keeps them afraid because you may shield poke them, and then they have little options that aren't even good, like jumping, making him more vulnerable; rolling, he could still be hit; spot dodging, even more chance of hit; shield dropping, which makes it even worse.
6. DK's back/down throw
Back throw kills at 90-100% and then will always kill above then, even with DI. At 115% on Waiting Room, it has a 100% of death no matter what unless you back throw them near the ledge and the blast zone is far away. Down throw can always link into an up air unless DI'd away if you're quick enough and catch them off guard, like up throw, and kills if up air connects. So above 100% a kill is almost always guaranteed with his broken grab.
7. DK's nair and recovery (Final)
Nair is soo good in warding BD off in combos. Jump can be read or dangerous and vulnerable. Nair is quick, has a hitbox covering all sides and in the middle of his body, so he can hit most from sides since his arms are so large they are a big part of his hurtbox in that moment. It also has little end lag/landing lag, and it knocks them back a fair distance for you to be safe if you space it well.
His recovery goes high if you mash hard enough, and you can fade back and in so you can space punishes. You can go above to the top platform if you're high/close enough, and if BD doesn't space well enough, he gets hit multiple times and can't do much. It's really annoying and impossible to get out of even with DI and SDI.

Now, not saying DK is superior, he gets combo'd easily as well as having a gigantic hurtbox (easy to hit), but he definitely doesn't lose. I'd say 50-50 or maybe even tilting towards DK in this matchup if they aren't stupid and unoptimal. If they know how to get around chaingrabs and combos and space extremely well, DK can win easily. But BD does have advantages and edgeguards DK in many situations, but DK can do that as well and combos/racks up damage as well as BD can in this matchup imo if he does everything correctly and has good neutral and punishes according to DI and knows all this stuff. DK always forgets his grab. It's soooooooooooooo important. It causes him to win many grab games and neutral. They always forget bair. I'd say it's better than fair. It wins neutral and is fast, lasts long, stuffs tons of approaches, and the angle combined with speed is superior.

Brawl: Sheik, Meta Knight
Project M: Falco, Roy, Mewtwo
Smash Flash 2: Falco, Captain Falcon, Marth, Fox, Pichu
Smash 4: Roy, Dr. Mario
Ultimate: Lucina

Currently working on my own Smash Java project as a hobby

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:24 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Please don't use red text, it's irritating to the eyes and reminds some people of certain people

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:44 am

MGN Username: RavinRaven
Currently Playing: SSF2, The Game of Love
Waifu: Luna (Gwain Saga)
Jan_Solo wrote:
Please don't use red text, it's irritating to the eyes and reminds some people of certain people

Like you, user of super small white text?

Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:05 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
MeleeWaluigi wrote:
[ Image ]

Kirby beats Luffy. Get his copy power and then chaingrab him to 70.

And it's very easy because Luffy commits hard to everything

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:25 pm

TSF.Strife wrote:
MeleeWaluigi wrote:
[ Image ]

Kirby beats Luffy. Get his copy power and then chaingrab him to 70.

And it's very easy because Luffy commits hard to everything

Kirby loses to range which Luffy has on many of his moves. Even if his hurtboxes do extend allowing you to hit him you wont be able to react fast enough to hit him every single time.
Also you can't chaingrab Luffy as Kirby.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:19 pm

heres my fox mu chart. i plan on teachin yall decent neutral in a video or sumthing so this can actually apply to all of u xd :luffy:

Attachments:
mu chart.png
mu chart.png [ 225.72 KiB | Viewed 3342 times ]
Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:57 pm
 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next