The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:20 pm

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Ichigo Kurosaki 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Discuss Ichigo specific game-play here.

Mon May 29, 2017 1:42 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
Ichigo feels a lot faster lately, i like it, his n-special seems overall better as well, i'll post more when i notice other cool stuff.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Mon May 29, 2017 9:43 pm

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
Speed got improved, but power definitely was lost.
His aerials mostly lost KB/scaling
Rip dash attack, one of Ichigo's most fun approach options.

Tbh he didn't get changed that much. I wanna call it a nerf overall, but more speed is always a good thing.

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:

Mon May 29, 2017 10:13 pm

MGN Username: Skewy
Currently Playing: No lag
The speed change is canon I like it

Mon May 29, 2017 10:24 pm

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
After examining him a bit more..

Yeah, Ichigo got a general nerf.

His dash attack is still good now, but his kill power has been neutered. He's gone from fast and can kill to fast and can kill sometimes. His Up-B got buffed though, which is welcome, but not the best tradeoff with all his nerfs.
IMO it really didn't need to be buffed, and Ichigo may have been watered down a bit too much.
But hey, this is day 2 lol.

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:

Tue May 30, 2017 8:45 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
TheBeep wrote:
His Up-B got buffed though, which is welcome, but not the best tradeoff with all his nerfs.

In recovery distance maybe, but in return it's lost its windbox when performed on the ground, which isn't a good change as shorter characters like Kirby can just simply walk right up to him unscathed

Having the windbox for his Neutral-B being removed is a good thing imo (as now it won't get insta-reflected as easily), but I think overall he's lost just a little too much of his killing capability, at least for my liking.

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Last edited by Danny on Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:21 am

MGN Username: Jeffdebrine
Currently Playing: Ssf2,ssbb,mariokart wii
Waifu: zero suit samus
the changes :ichigo: recieved really got me excited.Even though he lost alot of knockback from some of his moves but his speed really makes up for it.look on the bright side doesnt he feel more like his bleach counterpart.My FAVORITE character in ssf2 beta and always will be. :ichigo: :ichigo: :ichigo: :smug:

In beta ill see :gameandwatch: and pit

Secondaries:
:pikachu:

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:24 pm

MGN Username: Qui-Gon1138
Waifu: Mikleo, George Lucas
Feels great here despite the buffs. His Fair-Sliding is also something I'm glad that stayed. Wish it covered more distance but I find it really useful for slower characters.

One thing I will add is that his Up B needs some more distance and his side B could maybe slow his descend speed and Perhaps less lag.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:55 pm

MGN Username: Jeffdebrine
Currently Playing: Ssf2,ssbb,mariokart wii
Waifu: zero suit samus
Midi Analysis wrote:
Feels great here despite the buffs. His Fair-Sliding is also something I'm glad that stayed. Wish it covered more distance but I find it really useful for slower characters.

One thing I will add is that his Up B needs some more distance and his side B could maybe slow his descend speed and Perhaps less lag.

:ichigo: not as big as chibi's but better.I do also feel like i get less stress when going against smaller chars( :kirby: :jigglypuff: ).

In beta ill see :gameandwatch: and pit

Secondaries:
:pikachu:

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:05 pm

Testing more with Ichigo..

I feel that his Fair is sorta broken, similar to Brawl Metaknight with his Upair. It's insanely fast and can combo into itself like no tomorrow. FF Nair>Fair into fast fall>Fair>Fair. Possibly links more but from what it looks like it works with Fast Fallers, mid-weights and heavies(especially F.Fallers and Heavies).

Nair also gets a mention due to it's great hitbox(hit's in front and behind).

Might do some recordings later to showcase some Fair tech applications.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:37 pm

MGN Username: Jobin
Currently Playing: FusionFall
Waifu: Sandbag
Yeah, his F-Air doesn't feel fair sometimes *rimshot*, but it's a good entryway to combos. His recovery is also great against edgeguard by spike, and can also get people on the ground near the ledge if your sword peeks through. His D-Smash I think it also great. I think it's a good counter to people rushing in for whatever reason since that small frame of you disappearing and reappearing doesn't get you in trouble as far as I know. The knockback is also pretty sufficient on it.

EDIT: There's also this that I found out by accident by experimenting with D-Smash. Ichigo will go straight through the circled portion of Metal Cavern (probably because there's nothing underneath it) when you use it.

EDIT 2: Ichigo's down Smash can reach the lower platforms on Yoshi's story. This could be great for reads and mindgames. Maybe you could force someone to walk into it by throwing a Getsuga Tensho before they use a double jump/recovery. Gazan also does this (which I think is already known probably hopefully), Yoshi Story not needing any charge, but it'll need to be charged (aka held down) for the other legal stages like it to compensate for distance (Battlefield, Metal Cavern, Dream Land, Smashville).

Main Man: :sora:
Side Chick: :sandbag:
Hoping for: [jojo reference]

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:37 pm

You can stop any running momentum with a jumpsquat Down-B. It used to have a hitbox too, but now it's just a momentum stop.

Ichigo also still has his pseudo-wavedash with F-air, although it seems a bit harder to do due to the engine changes, and if you do it juuuuuust right, you can get that hitbox out for one frame, and you also can combo it into grabs and such.
As always for Ichigo - if you want to git gud, you almost have to use that technique very well, mastering it gives you quite a reach with all attacks. Try doing something like 2 wavedashes from ledge to ledge on FD, 10 RAR wavedashes in a row, into smash attacks, comboing into grabs using the one frame hitbox, platform movement...

You can also really carry people offstage with n-air and f-air now, maybe not on the level of wall of pain, but still quite useful.

A scrubby :ichigo: main.
Shameless plugs:
Twitter
Youtube

If only I could participate in tournaments ;_;

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:20 am

When training with CPUs on Dream Land, I tried sliding to get from the platform to the bottom to grab a Kirby, but instead it threw me to the other side of the stage and near the ledge. This is a bigger slide, it carried a lot more momentum. It was so much momentum that I learned to keep that momentum with me as I kept walking by holding the directional keys after landing. As long as I didn't let go, my walks and jumps carried A LOT of horizontal distance.

I tested it on Battlefield and Yoshi's Story. They are positive for this. Metal Cavern does do it, but you'll be off-stage by the time you do it. All you need to do is to activate the slide by F-Air Sliding near the edge of a platform. The momentum will be carried with you as long as you don't let go of directional keys.

This is getting pretty wack. :luigi:

Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:31 pm

Yeah. I have to say, even though the physics feel a bit slippery, it adds a lot more depth to certain characters like Ichigo who benifits from it greatly. I also didn't know that so this might help him have a great advantage in other MU's and starves with platforms.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:53 pm

Yeah, Ichigo definitely needs more killpower in some of his moves like U-Air. If he gets some nerfs in exchange for some more knockback, I'm all okay with that. D-Smash and D-Special on platforms really is something that will benefit Ichigo in the long run IMO. His edgeguard and anti-edgeguard game can be really good if the opponent doesn't know the match-up (U-Special saves from spikes attempts and jumpsquat D-Special can spike without needing to go offstage if the blade pokes out).

I also learned that you can keep the momentum of the slide even after doing a regular F-Air, so that's neat too. Platform sliding will also be something cool unless that gets fixed, gives Ichigo more distance to catch up to opponents and chase. I still need to practice my sliding though, I'm stuck with a keyboard for right now.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:07 pm
 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next