The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 9:59 am

[ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 36  Next
McLeodgaming Mafia XI [Pick Your Poison] 

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
So far this game has been a large f*** up.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:47 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Gah damn it. He was a good player. I'd like to point out due to there being 4 votes to lynch and 3 Mafia, they only need one townie to vote on someone and they can all hammer and win instantly. I'm actually thinking a mass claim might be in order. Anyone in agree? (Don't claim yet, we should make sure everyone is up for it)

AMA

Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:58 pm

With 7 alive? Sounds a bit risky.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:02 pm
Site Moderator

But with a 4 to 3 game, we need people that we know we can trust. If not everyone, at least the power roles. Any unCC'ed power roles are people we know we can trust. Please don't take this as a scum vibe, we don't have to go with it. Its just a suggestion.

AMA

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:06 pm

I actually think this might work, if we all set a deadline where we all claim in the closest time frame possible. What do you guys think?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:24 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
But with a 4 to 3 game, we need people that we know we can trust. If not everyone, at least the power roles. Any unCC'ed power roles are people we know we can trust. Please don't take this as a scum vibe, we don't have to go with it. Its just a suggestion.

Not convinced. Mafia knows which roles are in game and which are not. They can easily counterclaim and also claim roles that they know are not in game. Therefore, they can do really good at surviving a mass claim.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:30 pm

The last thing BB said before the night phase was to go after TheOneWhoKnocks if Nixter was town.
Again, he could have been killed to cause confusion and to get TOWK lynched today.

We have to be very careful in today's decision, as it will determine the entire outcome of the game.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:24 pm
Site Moderator

I'm absolutely positive that I wasn't killed to cause more confusion. I was the original voter for Nixter, and stuck with it throughout the day. Can you honestly blame me though? Especially later in the day, with the whole "I have no reads" thing, I was so sure he was scum. We should probably look at everyone in the Nix wagon for at least one of our scum. Honestly 194 is a town read for me, but it's really more a gut feeling (not that my gut has helped me this game). I haven't seen anything overly suspicious from Terra, but I'm going to look back at him. That leaves Deph, the quickhammerer. Thoughts?

AMA

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Believeblood wrote:
TRIPLE VOTE
Guys if Nixter is mafia I suggest going after Dephius and 194, if not then the one who knocks would be the most suspicious.

This was the last thing he said.
The mafia might have killed Believeblood to try and get you lynched today.

But yeah, that whole Nixter situation was just, ugh.
Still, Dephius should have told us he was gonna hammer Nixter, first.

Announcing a hammer is how we know to trust that you're not mafia trying to quickly end the day with a townie lynch.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Regarding the massclaim matter, I disagree for the same reason as 194: because the scum have the informational advantage of roles. It’ll be too hard to counterclaim the maf to even bother to try.

BB was killed, imo, for two reasons: his relative experience and what he said about TOWK looking like scum if Nixter ended up as town, which he did.

Quicklynching is highly scummish. Only a person absolutely sure the he’s town would try to end the day quickly. I’m highly suspicious of Dephius now, even after the neutral/town vibe he’s given me previously. Since it’s so close to endgame, we have to be more vigilant than ever.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:54 pm
Site Moderator

Thinking back on it, the mass claim probably isn't too terrific of an idea. We'd most likely end up with all 5 possible PR's claimed and two VT claims. It would cause too much confusion, and we wouldn't end up knowing who to trust. Right now I have 3 FoS's, Deph (quickhammer), Terra (more of a hunch thing), and sonicstormer (being very inactive, posting just enough not to get replaced, and I've seen him browsing this game and not posting anything). It's pretty late right now, but I'm looking back tomorrow for erratic playstyles, odd posts, general scumminess, etc. And I'd like to add I have a pretty decent town read on 135. He defended Nix up until his death.

AMA

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:02 pm
Site Moderator

Oh s*** I just remembered something else. Is there an Innocent Child in this game? THAT is one sure fire way to have someone to trust. I'm thinking the IC should get the mod to confirm him if there is one. That would be a step in the right direction. Does everyone agree if there is an IC, they should claim?

AMA

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:56 pm
SSF2 Developer

Uh...are you sure?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:32 am
Site Moderator

No, that's why I'm asking for input from everyone.

AMA

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:35 am

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
I'm a little hesitant, but, since this is lylo, I'll go for it. But first:

FoS:Dephius

Dephius the quicklyncher. Will expand later.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:43 am
 [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 36  Next