The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:38 pm

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Isolated (Salas del Infierno) 

July 24, 1998

"The lights have blacked out, and most of the crew has either been killed, or driven to madness. Survivors are trapped between the walls of the tanker, and efforts to restore power have been unsucessful. Darkness have taken over the ship. They are multiplying in numbers. Every form of defense has been rendered useless, and our attempts at fighting the attackers have resulted in the loss of most of us. There is nothing left to defend, and no reason to fight. What life do we have to live?"
―Captain Taylor, shortly before his death early during the incident.

This RP is not focused on battle. As stated in the quote, both offense and defense are renderred useless, so the solution is to stay out of your enemy's sight. Your goal make your way to escape on the lifeboat, while gathering information about the attackers.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Age: (required, and please don't make this some sort of child prodigy)
Info: (optional)

My own character:
Name: Hisham Oliveira
Appearance:
Info: Hisham tries fights off is mildly narcisstic personality, which is a pain for him. He is an Atheist, but in his case an Atheist "doesn't believe in anything". In different situations, he sometimes prefers violence over negotiation, but more or less keeps his distance from it.

Last edited by N30Chaos on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:02 pm

Name: Leo
Appearance: A black, unbuttoned coat. He has brown, short hair, and he is a little over 6 feet tall.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:09 pm

Accepted. Do you want to start now, or wait for others.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:19 pm

Menich Dyke
Male
http://mcleodgaming.com/forums/viewtopi ... =23&t=9840

Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:54 pm

Alright, accepted. I'll begin the game now, and see how it goes.

Hisham

I wake up in what is supposedly a crew member's room. It is too dark to make out my surroundings.

Leo

You have just arrived in the engine room. The loud sound of your surroundings should make it harder for others to hear your footsteps, as long as you don't move too fast.

Menich

In order to avoid detection, you are forced to enter a quiet room filled with cargo. Something seems to be following you.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:38 pm

Menich made his way down the hall as quietly as possible. He had been lucky to avoid compromisation so far, and most of the crew was dead, so far as he knew. He heard a slight flitting sound behind him, so faint he might have imagined it. It didn't matter. He already knew what it was. He instinctively reacked for the scabbard on his left hip, but thought better of it. The result of fighting with the monsters that now threatened his very survival was an abrupt halt to the life process, and Menich wasn't stupid... Okay, he wasn't that stupid. He silently slipped into an open doorway, finding himself in a room filled with boxes and crates. He recoiled to the darkest, farthest corner of the room, trying his best to remain out of sight. He knew that if the monsters, whatever they were, came in, he was a goner. He thought quickly, painstakingly prying the lid off of a nearby crate. He worked quickly and quietly, precariously emptying the box's contents and shuffling them to the other side of the room. He then hopped into the box himself, using a small portion merchandise to conceal himself and pulling the lid back on. He then unlimbered his own sword and went to work...

Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:01 pm

OOC: Nate, unless you created the RP, you can't determine the outcome of your actions. That's what I'm supposed to do. I also didn't give you an option to have a sword. And it's not the smartest idea to make a novel out of your actions.

Hisham

I look for a source of light, and discover the moonlight coming through a window.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:45 pm

Menich:

I look about the room. Going back out could potentially get me killed, but staying in here might as well garuntee it. Well, I'm not going to stand around doing nothing. I start searching the walls and floors of the room for a secret passageway or a trap door.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:56 pm

Leo was curious as to where he was, but by the judge of his surroundings he came to believe he was in the engine room. He knew he most likely wouldn't be safe staying in one place, so he began searching for an exit out of the engine room.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:00 pm

Menich

As you search the room, you hit an object. You feel some sort of bump on it, and manage to notice that it is slightly pushed up.

Leo

As you are searching for an exit, you bump into a ladder. You also notice something entering your area through the entrance of the room.

Hisham

I slowly peek outside of the room. Nothing seems to be in this area, but parts if the walls and floor are broken.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Leo didn't have time to figure out what it was, so he hurried up the ladder and climbed up the top, making as little noise as possible.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:31 am

I feel the object, trying to discern what it is, but it is too dark to see. I try to lift it.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:09 pm

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE TORTURING YOURSELVES LIKE THIS?!

I'LL FEND OFF THE GUARDS, GET OUT OF THIS RP WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:49 pm

Sorry, but he's right. I'm not enjoying this whatsoever.
I'm out.

Last edited by Nate on Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:02 am

Nate wrote:
OOC: Thank God. I'm outta here.
I like typing paragraph form, sorry.

You don't need approval to leave an RP, my friend.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:00 pm
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next