The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:23 pm

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Shadow Side - A Modern World RPG (SIGN-UPS) 

MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Name: Marcello La Vega
Personality (Backstory can also be included, but not required: He is usually calm and collected, often attempting to logically process each situation. However, if he is angered, he goes into an uncontrollable rage and has an insatiable desire to annihilate everything in front of him. Bizarrely, his undying love of sweets will snap him out of this rage if it happens, and for this, he carries a pouch of sweets on his person.

Originally, he was one of the Farmersville Fencing Champions, known for being incredibly elegant when performing sword manoeuvres, as well as being very fast, however, after the Shadow Side virus infected him, he was avoided and feared widely across Farmersville, for fear of him endangering the lives of those around him. His sentient shadow attempted to stage a takeover of the physical body, after the virus progressed to a stage never seen before, however, his meditative techniques taught by his master allowed him to overcome the Shadow Side and keep it under a certain level of control over the Shadow's influence, however, if he lets that guard down, the consequences could be even more disastrous.

His signature moves involved a dance-like set of attacks that moved so finely, they transixed those who stood before him. La Vega's sword, the Incendium Vita, will burn bright if the vitality of himself or his opponent begins to dwindle down, but it's fire will become a sickening black fire if the Shadow Side takes over him.

Many people have called him "the warrior who stands between death and righteousness", as he will often fight to protect those he loves and/or cares about, but the grasp on the shadow, courtesy of his own mind keeps him a step away from destroying everything he sees

Class: Fencer

Stats(use stat range)
HP: 68
Atk: 11
Def: 6
Elem: 1
ElemDef: 6
Speed: 10

Fun Facts:
Despite his logical thought processes and calmness, he is notorious for being a terrible loser, often blaming his losses on other people, his opponent cheating, or him not being ready.

He once attempted to fight using a claw on his hand, but "it fell off to many times to be useful", so he studied his fencing lore under a master named "Ser Eric Studolf", but he claims that he branched off his own style because he hates fighting with unwieldy weapons.

He is an extremely capable dancer, which, often to the surprise of many people, he will sometimes show it off during battle.

Infected (Yes or No): Yes

At least 3 moves with names: show
Passive Ability (Cannot be changed) - True Darkness
When Marcello unleashes the Shadow Side, the anger of the imprisoned Shadow releases loose, and during this, no friend or foe is truly safe.

Upon activating Shadow Side, the attack power will increase to 40%, but the chance to attack teammates will increase to 50%.

Polaris Waltz: Power 30 - Physical - Effect (10% chance of Charm). [La Vega's signature move. In Fencing tournaments, it was said to be so entrancing, that it made the ladies in the crowd swoon. Cannot be used if Shadow Side is active]

Ruinous Power: Power 40 - Physical - Effect (10% chance of Fear (Paralysis that lasts a maximum of two turns with standard 50% chance of breakout)). [La Vega's Shadow Side produces the same aura that led people to avoid him. The aura of pure hatred, which I thought best translated into fear. Can only be used if the Shadow Side is activated.

Meditate: Power N/A - Status - Effect (Boosts Attack and Defence by 1 point)

Blaze of Glory: Power 90 - Physical - Effect (25% chance of Burn). [La Vega's sword was renowned for burning when the opponent began to falter, and he would often unleash his most powerful option when finishing the match, ending it in a "Blaze of Glory".]

Great, You are in!

3 characters so far!

Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:

Click to expand thumbnail

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:55 pm

You just accepted a character that breaks the rules.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:59 pm

Deciton_Reven wrote:

Now that you pointed it out, I see 2 small flaws, 1 of which is my fault.

- The Shadow Side has a different effect then what you said
- And Blaze of Glory is 90 Power, but since I said 1 move can be 70-90, even though I said no more than 80, I'll just update the rules

If there's anything else I missed from my own rules, feel free to point it out. Even though it kinda looks bad

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:28 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Yoshiblaze wrote:
Deciton_Reven wrote:

- And Blaze of Glory is 90 Power, but since I said 1 move can be 70-90, even though I said no more than 80, I'll just update the rules

If there's anything else I missed from my own rules, feel free to point it out. Even though it kinda looks bad

Ok, I'll address these flaws.

1) Thought this one would be more interesting, especially with the added risk, but I can cut that out if you want. (It's more of a nerf to Shadow Side, so I thought this might be interesting).

2) That was my bad. I'll fix that.

EDIT: Blaze of Glory power decreased from 90->80

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:42 pm

Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Yoshiblaze wrote:
Deciton_Reven wrote:

1) Thought this one would be more interesting, especially with the added risk, but I can cut that out if you want. (It's more of a nerf to Shadow Side, so I thought this might be interesting).

Thanks! To be honest, I like attacking teammates 50% of the time more, so I'll change it to, says, 40% of the time for 35% more damage

EDIT: Shadow Sidein the Battle System tab has 2 updates

Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:47 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Yoshiblaze wrote:
Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Yoshiblaze wrote:
Deciton_Reven wrote:

Thanks! To be honest, I like attacking teammates 50% of the time more, so I'll change it to, says, 40% of the time for 35% more damage

I honestly think a character varying Shadow Side would be interesting for those who are affected, so allowing people to change their Shadow Side so that it fits the high-risk/high-reward style of the ability, such as increasing power but dropping defence/making characters attack their teammates more.

I'd see it as maybe a 20%/10% increase for a normal Shadow Side and the power should be adjustable, however, the risk would have to be increased.

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:51 pm

Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Yoshiblaze wrote:
Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Yoshiblaze wrote:
Deciton_Reven wrote:

I honestly think a character varying Shadow Side would be interesting for those who are affected, so allowing people to change their Shadow Side so that it fits the high-risk/high-reward style of the ability, such as increasing power but dropping defence/making characters attack their teammates more.

I'd see it as maybe a 20%/10% increase for a normal Shadow Side and the power should be adjustable, however, the risk would have to be increased.

You know what? That's a good idea, since I'm stressing the personalizing thing with Stats and Attacks, it does make sense for everyone to have their own shadow. I'll do something for that
WOW this was a long (but good) discussion

Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:13 pm
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2