The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:38 pm

[ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 35  Next
McLeodgaming Mafia V [Devs vs Balancers] 
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Them blasted ninjas. Oh well, I think most of what I wrote still applies.

crabbyman66 wrote:
I would actually argue this is the opposite. Leo and I were pushing hard for a Pachino lynch. Pushing for the lynch was a risky action; a mislynch would paint us in a bad light from the PoV of the rest of the town. Although this was a risky action, I, and I'm sure I speak for Leo as well was genuinely certain Pachino was mafia based on his actions. The people that seem suspicious to me are the one's who bandwagoned and joined the vote at the end.

It seems that the same logic might be used to clear Void as well. He is a smart guy, and if he was mafia, he never would have pushed for a lynch like he did. All of his conclusions made perfect sense when one considers how Pachino was playing. I fear that he fell into the “Believeblood trap”, of which we saw a prime example in Mafia 2. Believeblood was a townie, but all of his actions pointed towards him being scum. The same thing happened with Pachino. He played badly this game, exactly the way that a less experienced mafioso would.

Of course, there is an alternate possibility, one that would take mafia meta-gaming to a whole new level. Void is intelligent, and he knows that at least some of the townies are as well. Thus, he figures that because we know that he is smart, we would deduce that he wouldn’t push for a lynch so early in the game unless he was a townie 100% sure of his accusations. In doing this he clears himself in the eyes of influential town members, and thus by extension most of the rest of the town, while simultaneously managing to lead a bandwagon lynch in the direction of an innocent. A brilliant play, if this is indeed the case.

Having Void claim would help to clear up some of the confusion, methinks.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:42 pm

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
lol @ my supposed role. I think it makes a lot of sense, because that's what a gentl... DJ Wiz would do.

The possibility of Void being drived to be reported as Mafia is just wonderful, and a good idea to confuse us townies.

Crabby, now that you have claimed... you have put the protective roles in a difficult decision. I think that most likely plan before your claim was to protect FoD, so he could recruit a mafia member in the Pony Cult (yay ponies =D). However, now you have claimed detective, one of the most powerful investigative roles in the game, and most likely, one protective role will have to protect you. As I think that one of those roles could be also a roleblocker (similar to TSO in last mafia), this forces one of both to be roleblocked if protected, conditioning plans for the night.

Finally, dat role you got...

Vote: The Silent One

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Currently Playing: Fable III
At this rate, TSO will be lynched without ever posting. Buuuut, if TSO turns out to be innocent, I guess crabby is our next lynch. So, Vote: The Silent One.

I would like a protective role on me, but I can see that the we now have two important roles. My suggestion to the docter would be to play a WIFOM in an attempt to confuse the mafia.

Oh, and if crabby had investigated Void he wouldn't recieved a guilty on me =(

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:06 pm

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
Vote:The Silent One

I see him online once in awhile,but he never leaves a post.Hopefully he might start talking now.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:14 pm

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
Fly or Die wrote:
At this rate, TSO will be lynched without ever posting. Buuuut, if TSO turns out to be innocent, I guess crabby is our next lynch. So, Vote: The Silent One.

I would like a protective role on me, but I can see that the we now have two important roles. My suggestion to the docter would be to play a WIFOM in an attempt to confuse the mafia.

Oh, and if crabby had investigated Void he wouldn't recieved a guilty on me =(

I don't like this. Here we have Fly or Die bandwagoning on The Silent One without any basis, and then tries to shift the blame on crabby if this lynch goes awry. And not only that, he goes ahead and requests protection from (a) town power role(s) to appear to be a townie. This is something to look into; certainly scum play right there.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:45 pm

lol I AM scum.

If you want, have crabby investigate me. He'll get my active abilities.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:47 pm

Wow, just as I was about to reveal my role...

When I got my role PM saying I was Cleod9, I was excited because I had hoped to be mafia this game. But when I looked closer, I found nothing stating I was mafia. I knew there was a chance that I could be third party due to Cleod9 also being a balancer, among other reasons. Just to be sure, I sent a PM to DJ Wizard. When he confirmed I was third party, I was a little bit disappointed because I knew it would be very hard for me to survive until the end and win, so I decided the only way I could win would be to take a side. There was no way I would be able to side with the mafia without a way to communicate privately with them, so that left the town. I was going to role reveal day 1, but then when it was brought up that Pachino might be a serial killer or other third party, I changed my mind. I was pretty sure Pachino was third party at the time because all of the evidence against him seemed solid. The reason that I was the last one to vote for him was because I wanted to give anyone as much time as possible to be able to prove his innocence. After 194 voted, I decided that I might as well go ahead and vote to speed the game into night phase. Last night I didn't do anything and saved my ability for later use. In the morning, I knew it would be best to reveal my role, but I was to busy with homework and cross country at the time to make a post and explain my situation. After Fly or Die said he was a third party, I decided I would go ahead and explain my situation after reading the rest of the posts... only to find that much of my role had already been revealed.

As for concerns about my activity, my cross country season ends tomorrow, which will definately free up a lot of time for things like this.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:59 pm

His role definitely sounds like an amnesiac. But 'Head of the Team'?

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:00 pm

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
cleod is head of all development of ssf2, so the role title is fitting. however, i'd consider him to be a godfather, if anything

hey, the same could be said about don paolo being a third party in mafia 4 (layton)

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:06 pm

The Silent One wrote:
Wow, just as I was about to reveal my role...

When I got my role PM saying I was Cleod9, I was excited because I had hoped to be mafia this game. But when I looked closer, I found nothing stating I was mafia. I knew there was a chance that I could be third party due to Cleod9 also being a balancer, among other reasons. Just to be sure, I sent a PM to DJ Wizard. When he confirmed I was third party, I was a little bit disappointed because I knew it would be very hard for me to survive until the end and win, so I decided the only way I could win would be to take a side. There was no way I would be able to side with the mafia without a way to communicate privately with them, so that left the town. I was going to role reveal day 1, but then when it was brought up that Pachino might be a serial killer or other third party, I changed my mind. I was pretty sure Pachino was third party at the time because all of the evidence against him seemed solid. The reason that I was the last one to vote for him was because I wanted to give anyone as much time as possible to be able to prove his innocence. After 194 voted, I decided that I might as well go ahead and vote to speed the game into night phase. Last night I didn't do anything and saved my ability for later use. In the morning, I knew it would be best to reveal my role, but I was to busy with homework and cross country at the time to make a post and explain my situation. After Fly or Die said he was a third party, I decided I would go ahead and explain my situation after reading the rest of the posts... only to find that much of my role had already been revealed.

As for concerns about my activity, my cross country season ends tomorrow, which will definately free up a lot of time for things like this.

Reading through this again, I realize that I didn't make a few things clear...

Everything Crabby said about my role is true, except the part about me being mafia

What I meant by "siding with the town" was that I would try to use my ability on a person that would benefit the town, whether that be an investigative role, a protective role, or something else like that.

Fly or Die wrote:
His role definitely sounds like an amnesiac. But 'Head of the Team'?

My thoughts exactly when I first read it. But it was what the PM said, so I just went with it.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:11 pm

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
So....just curious
TheSilentOne you're third party and you win when both townies and mafia are dead like a normal third party member?
but as of right now you want to side with us townies,but you still have to screw us over sooner or later to win?

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:36 pm

IF TSO is telling the truth, we have all three-party roles figured out.

We also have 135, Genis, Crabby, Pachino*, and T.testLP* as unCC'd townies (starred=dead). Kebin was removed and me and TSO are third party, so we have 8 people remaining. Out of those, we have four mafia. Considering the remaining unclaimed townies:

Void
Claimed as unvotable townie, but he pushed for Pachino's lynch, making him at least a little suspicious. imo he hasn't been active enough to be really suspicious.
Brikmaethor
Nothing really (not too many posts)
War P. Anda
So inactive it's not funny
Not very active
Panthera Leo
Also pushed for Pachino's lynch, but he hasn't done anything suspicious.
Darkwolf93
Hasn't done anything but bandwagon. Extremely inactive.
Believeblood
Hasn't done much.
Harpuia
Pretty inactive

We have a 50% chance RL maff hit. I think we should RL one of the aforementioned people (they're almost all inactive, anyway).

lol, almost all of the active people have claimed.

EDIT: ninja'd

Darkwolf, he's amnesiac. He picks one person one night and he becomes that person in everything.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:38 pm

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
Current status. (assuming kevinb was town)
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
• • • • • • • • • • • • •

And lol, we have three people claiming third party.

Faceless Void wrote:
Panthera leo wrote:
Also, I don't like that Void has been all pro-lynch Pachino, yet he hasn't even voted him yet. I'm still waiting on a response from him.
My role doesn't allow me to vote.

^ implies Dj Wiz

Fly o Die wrote:
I am T.test, the founder of the 'Pony Cult'.

[quote=TSO]When I got my role PM saying I was Cleod9, I was excited because I had hoped to be mafia this game. But when I looked closer, I found nothing stating I was mafia. I knew there was a chance that I could be third party due to Cleod9 also being a balancer, among other reasons. Just to be sure, I sent a PM to DJ Wizard. When he confirmed I was third party, I was a little bit disappointed because I knew it would be very hard for me to survive until the end and win, so I decided the only way I could win would be to take a side.[/quote]

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Void could be pro-town.

DJ Wiz claimed...?

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Only Fly or Die and I have said we were third party.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:35 pm
 [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 35  Next