The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:19 pm

[ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Sora 

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
Mysteric wrote:
Having an Up B that's basically 0.9b Up B but instead of one "Aerial", I can use one of 5 aerials in mid-animation that I can buffer or stall that can add variety to combos and I can cover basically all directions by using his different aerials in the appropriate situation unlike the previous version which only has one attack which is a fifth of the options compared to Beta... but I just can't press the attack button so it's terrible

Fixed

Edit: Although I do prefer the 3-hit jab, it was better in basically every way since you can just press jab once then use a different attack, badabing badaboom, one-hit jab or you can use all 3 jabs for ta variety of reasons... but no, we are limited to something we can do before anyway... which is to spam jab 1

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:42 am

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
Jan_Solo wrote:
Mysteric wrote:
Having an Up B that's basically 0.9b Up B but instead of one "Aerial", I can use one of 5 aerials in mid-animation that I can buffer or stall that can add variety to combos and I can cover basically all directions by using his different aerials in the appropriate situation unlike the previous version which only has one attack which is a fifth of the options compared to Beta... but I just can't press the attack button so it's terrible

Fixed

Play 0.9b Sora; you'll find out real soon that Finishing Leap allows you to combo into all of his aerials and Beta Sora takes around the same amount of time to act out from Aerial Recovery as with Finishing Leap.

Again, they could have just given Finishing Leap that extra height (which I forgot to mention before) and the ability to use Flowmotion afterward.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:47 am

Again, you can use an aerial instead. One of five

Secondaries:

For Fun:

Hopefuls:

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:51 pm

MGN Username: ZTrunks
Currently Playing: SSF2, Age of Empires2, old SNES RPGs
Waifu: Rydia
New "Tech" I found (I dont know if it is useful)
You can cancel Flowmotion forward into flowmotion up while stilll hitting the last hit of flowmotion up
I think that you can maybe add Up-B to Fair to kill your opponent

Click to expand thumbnail
Ma mains: :naruto: :sora:

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:46 am

Flow cancel has been in ssf2 since 9b, except it's now kinda easier to perform but weaker

Rip 20% damage Flowcancel

Secondaries:

For Fun:

Hopefuls:

Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:18 am

MGN Username: TaylorGang
Currently Playing: SSF2
loving this guy in beta

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TaylorJames1234?lang=en
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/taypalacio/

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:17 pm

After thinking about it, I think that Sora might need some more major buffs/reworks and QoL changes to make him a more viable character overall. Here's what I believe could happen to make him a better character overall:

Sora: show
Key:
[+ indicates buffs]
[- indicates nerfs]
[> indicates QoL change]

Jab Attack:
+Jab reverted to 0.9b Jab, with three hits instead of two.
+Damage on three hits will be 3%/3%/4% [10% total], an increase from the measly 6% his current jab produces.

Down Smash:
>Sora's animation is changed so he swings the Keyblade downward, similar to how he does it in Kingdom Hearts 2.
+First four hits deal 2% damage [8% total], while the last hit deals 9% damage, increasing the total damage from 11% to 17%.

Neutral Special:
>Key now emits a light trail similar to how it does in the games.
+Now a one-hit move that does 15% damage and send opponents towards Sora.
+Endlag reduced to allow Sora to combo from the attack better.
-Sora no longer stalls in mid-air.

Side Special:
+Flowmotion [neutral] has a bigger hitbox so that it can hit opponents below Sora.
+Flowmotion [holding up] has an initial hit that sends opponents vertically and links up better to the other four hits.

Up Special:
+Attack is reverted to Finishing Leap, with the hit dealing the same damage and knockback it did in 0.9b, while keeping the changes it received in Beta. This will allow Sora to have a better combo game and dish out more damage overall.

Any thoughts?

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:21 pm

Neutral Special turned into one-hit is meh for me, on one hand it loses the lasting hitbox but now you can't SDI it anymore

Up Special getting a hitbox while getting rid of the ability to do an aerial anytime in the duration (whether it's frame one of activation or the very last frame)... yeah, not a fan

Although I do really like the other changes because Sora's Mid-Tier at BEST... also maybe less endlag when Flowdashing so Sora can at least have another movement option, idk

Secondaries:

For Fun:

Hopefuls:

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:30 am

Jan_Solo wrote:
Neutral Special turned into one-hit is meh for me, on one hand it loses the lasting hitbox but now you can't SDI it anymore

Up Special getting a hitbox while getting rid of the ability to do an aerial anytime in the duration (whether it's frame one of activation or the very last frame)... yeah, not a fan

Although I do really like the other changes because Sora's Mid-Tier at BEST... also maybe less endlag when Flowdashing so Sora can at least have another movement option, idk

Aerial Recovery won't allow Sora to attack for only half its duration; the second half of it can allow Sora to perform an aerial if the inputs are fast enough. So really, there's nothing wrong with giving it the hitbox back; you're adding more damage and better combo ability on top of it at the expense of not using aerials for half the move.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:23 pm

From what I've seen happen in the latest Beta Patch, I have a firm belief that Sora needs a rework as a character. Every patch the developers make is another patch where Sora is more and more of a buggy, broken [not in a good way] mess. So I think that if the developers were serious about Sora, I do believe that they just need to redo him.

Now below is just my own opinion, but I think these rework changes will benefit Sora's competitive future and make him a better and more fun character at the same time:

Sora Rework Proposal: show
Standard Attacks:

Jab Attack:
    Jab Attack reverted to 0.9b version of attack.
  • Damage per jab is 3%, knockback on final hit is retained from Beta.

Forward Tilt:
    Animation is now Upper Slash from Kingdom Hearts II.
    Angle changed to 80 degrees.

Dash Attack:
    Animation is now akin to his dashing combo starter in Kingdom Hearts II.
    Attack now consists of two hits:
  • Hit 1 deals 6% damage.
  • Hit 2 deals 4% damage.
  • Knockback and FAF adjusted accordingly so it can link into F-Tilt.

Forward Smash:
    Animation changed to be Guard Break from Kingdom Hearts II.

Up Smash:
    Attack links more properly.
    Multi-hit attacks deal 2% less damage.
    Final Hit deals 12% damage and has slightly higher knockback growth.

Down Smash:
    Animation changed to Vicinity Break from Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.
    Attack is now a single hit move that deals 16% damage. Knockback is adjusted accordingly.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Aerial:
    Animation changed to Aerial Spiral. Acts like a combo move.
  • First three hits deal 2% damage, while final hit deals 6% damage.
  • Knockback adjusted accordingly to make it combo into another attack.

Back Aerial:
    Animation changed to Aerial Sweep from Kingdom Hearts II. Acts like a finisher
  • First two hits deal 3% damage each, while final hit does 5% damage.
  • Knockback adjusted accordingly to link into each other, and final hit to deal slightly less knockback than prior B-Air.

Up Aerial:
    Animation changed to Magnet Burst from Kingdom Hearts II. Acts like a finisher.
  • Attack deals 2 hits, one dealing 4% damage and the second dealing 8% damage.
  • Windbox added to suck opponents into Sora's attack.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: Strike Raid
    Attack now only deals one hit of 14% damage that sends opponents to Sora.
  • FAF adjusted accordingly to allow Sora to combo opponents.

Side Special: Dodge Roll / Aerial Dodge
    Move is no longer Flowmotion, and instead, is Sora's Dodge Roll and Aerial Dodge from Kingdom Hearts II.
  • Briefly pressing the special button on the ground allows Sora to perform Dodge Roll, allowing him invincibility on the ground.
  • Holding the special button allows Sora to use Aerial Dodge, which is now an offensive attack dealing 8% damage while allowing Sora to recover.

Up Special: Finishing Leap
    Move reverted to 0.9b functions, along with the added function of cancelling into Side B.
    Move can now cancel into other attacks faster.
    If within 10 frames of your hitstun ending, you can perform Aerial Recovery, which allows Sora to recover and even keeps his Finishing Leap. This grants Sora invulnerability at the cost of some vertical distance.

Down Special: Command Deck
    Order Redone and Magic Added: Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Cure, Aero, Magnet and Reflect
    Cooldown is added and magic without cooldown and order priority is used first. Resets automatically if Sora dies.
    (Optional) Like in Kingdom Hearts II, the player can assign Magic to Sora's command deck.
  • Fire cooldown added: 1 second.
  • Blizzard cooldown added: 1.2 seconds.
  • Thunder cooldown added: 1.1 seconds.
  • Cure heals 15% of damage from Sora. Cooldown: 40 seconds.
  • Aero is a single hit move that deals 10% damage and blows opponents away, similar to how it functions in Re:Chain of Memories. Cooldown: 4 seconds.
  • Magnet pulls opponents in for 1.5 seconds and allows Sora to combo them. However, it has only the range of a soft platform on BF. Cooldown: 12 seconds.
  • Reflect reflects projectiles and acts as a counter move, dealing 8 hits of 1% damage and reflecting projectiles for 1.45x damage. Cooldown: 2 seconds.

I believe that these changes here would make Sora into something that's not only more akin to his games, but also more appealing to those who enjoy combos or even the Kingdom Hearts series as a whole. I put a lot of thought into this, and I hope you guys in the Sora community like what I thought of. I'd actually like to hear opinions on this.

Last edited by Mysteric on Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:09 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Aside from Cure and Magnet sounding incredibly broken, Im mainly concerned as to why Sora needs a glorified roll/airdodge on a Special Move :chibirobo: Im not really convinced tbh.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:03 am

And tbh, Command Deck is fine rn... maybe a KB buff, but not a rework where there's 7 specials all merged into one

Secondaries:

For Fun:

Hopefuls:

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:01 am

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
Don't you think you're overdoing this a little?
I mean, Cure restores 30% of Damage jfc, and a 20 second cooldown is nothing, when it comes to a move like that.
Magnet also sounds really broken as hell.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:33 am

TSF|Skylar wrote:
Aside from Cure and Magnet sounding incredibly broken, Im mainly concerned as to why Sora needs a glorified roll/airdodge on a Special Move :chibirobo: Im not really convinced tbh.

Well, Dodge Roll is actually different from his other rolls, as the endlag is significantly shorter and the distance is just a little further. This is basically to allow Sora to continue comboing from slightly harder hitting moves. However, I never said Aerial Dodge was a purely defensive move; in fact, I never wanted it to grant invincibility either, so Sora is actually still quite vulnerable and can get hit out of it.

The reason I did give him these, however, is to replace the currently bad Side B, Flowmotion, since on many characters, the various inputs of it just don't work as intended.

Jan_Solo wrote:
And tbh, Command Deck is fine rn... maybe a KB buff, but not a rework where there's 7 specials all merged into one

The reason I gave the Command Deck 7 attacks is not only because of variety, but to also somewhat stay true to the games themselves. However, if you don't want 7 attacks, there's two options; one is that we could reduce it to 4 or 5, or, the optional scenario in that, before a match, the Sora player can sort what Magic they'll use [up to 3].

TheBlue10 wrote:
Don't you think you're overdoing this a little?
I mean, Cure restores 30% of Damage jfc, and a 20 second cooldown is nothing, when it comes to a move like that.
Magnet also sounds really broken as hell.

Not on his normals, no.
As for Cure, I realized that 20 seconds is quite low for something so good, so, I was thinking 50 seconds should be enough for a move that heals 30% damage.
And then there's Magnet, which I gave 12 seconds cooldown now [instead of 8], and explained its range a little bit.

Anyway, you three, are there any parts of my rework you agree with? Or any other part that might concern you?

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:22 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
A move shouldnt heal 30% in general period. That is quite a large chunk of health that can easily change the entire momentum of a match. Magnet still locks opponents in place for more than two seconds, which is plenty of time to either deal tons of damage and/or guarantee a kill. The cooldown isnt the problem, the moves just do way too much.

Why do you want Flowmotion to be replaced entirely anyways? The move worked fine before 1.0.3, and Im pretty certain that it can work again properly in the future.

Oh yeah, because noone has mentioned it yet: Flowmotion is arguably the worst move in the game now. Flowmo Back and Forward do not work at all anymore and Sora just does nothing/zooms past the opponent respectively. Flowmo Down is... weird. Sometimes you need to do a Flowmo Up Cancel into Flowmo Down to get it to work, sometimes Flowmo Down just works on its own. Flowmo Up is still working. Same for Neutral Flowmo, but that one got increased ending lag which makes Neutral Flowmo -> Fire, one of Soras key kill confirms, incredibly hard to pull off and basically removes it entirely if the opponent is wary. Fix plz

Oh, and FSmash is still dumb. Neato.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:48 pm
 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next