The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 8:22 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 95  Next
The Legend of Zelda 
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
UltimateBrawl wrote:
Let me let on a little secret;

The only bad Zelda games ever made were made completely devoid of Nintendo's input. *cough cough CD-i cough cough*

The opening to one review of Skyward Sword said "Ocarina of time, you have met your match."

Skyward Sword is easily the best Nintendo game of all time, with over 100 hours of immersive content and story. The Zelda series also has an utterly HUGE fanbase, and anyone who says anything to the contrary is lieing to themselves and their partners. Skyrim is a generic RPG(not even THAT) that contains far too many cliches prominent in the genre. The Zelda series is fresh throughout. I defy you to find one entry in the canonical series that shows a complete lack of respect to its fans. And like Krillin III said, "Quality, not quantity."

This is the most irrelevant banter I have ever seen.

'clichés'? Right, as if Zelda doesn't use them. "Honourable hero with sword and shield saves girl'. Real original. Various games actually depend on the usage of clichés to make the story more open to certain parts of the audience, let alone that sometimes using a cliché is good i.e. 'don't fix what isn't broken'. Zelda is just as cliché in certain aspects as Skyrim because that appeals to people. I'm not saying that the game itself is cliché so don't go all raging fanboy over me, because both games also make new additions with the new installements. Keyword: both.

All I get from your post is "Hurr wur conkeldurr, Zelda has fans so if you don't like it is your fault".

Don't just poop on Skyrim because someone else says stuff that you don't agree with. If you like a game, and are enjoying it then why must you care so much for the opinion of other people? You want the game to be judged and rated in a justified manner? Good luck with that.

The game just appeals to different people, and you shouldn't rage when you come across one that doesn't like Skyward Sword.

But seriously this whole 'Zelda vs Skyrim' thing is getting kind of annoying. It's like comparing apples and pears.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Steven wrote:
UltimateBrawl wrote:
Let me let on a little secret;

The only bad Zelda games ever made were made completely devoid of Nintendo's input. *cough cough CD-i cough cough*

The opening to one review of Skyward Sword said "Ocarina of time, you have met your match."

Skyward Sword is easily the best Nintendo game of all time, with over 100 hours of immersive content and story. The Zelda series also has an utterly HUGE fanbase, and anyone who says anything to the contrary is lieing to themselves and their partners. Skyrim is a generic RPG(not even THAT) that contains far too many cliches prominent in the genre. The Zelda series is fresh throughout. I defy you to find one entry in the canonical series that shows a complete lack of respect to its fans. And like Krillin III said, "Quality, not quantity."

This is the most irrelevant banter I have ever seen.

'clichés'? Right, as if Zelda doesn't use them. "Honourable hero with sword and shield saves girl'. Real original. Various games actually depend on the usage of clichés to make the story more open to certain parts of the audience, let alone that sometimes using a cliché is good i.e. 'don't fix what isn't broken'. Zelda is just as cliché in certain aspects as Skyrim because that appeals to people. I'm not saying that the game itself is cliché so don't go all raging fanboy over me, because both games also make new additions with the new installements. Keyword: both.

All I get from your post is "Hurr wur conkeldurr, Zelda has fans so if you don't like it is your fault".

Don't just poop on Skyrim because someone else says stuff that you don't agree with. If you like a game, and are enjoying it then why must you care so much for the opinion of other people? You want the game to be judged and rated in a justified manner? Good luck with that.

The game just appeals to different people, and you shouldn't rage when you come across one that doesn't like Skyward Sword.

But seriously this whole 'Zelda vs Skyrim' thing is getting kind of annoying. It's like comparing apples and pears.

TL;DR Stop having a f*** opinion war!
I enjoy both LoZ and TES, personally I like LoZ more because... wait for it... that's my opinion! I also have played Skyrim about 100x more than Skyward, yet I still like LoZ better. What a ridiculous thought!

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
It's called a debate you s***, it's allowed.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Currently Playing: None
Count chocula wrote:
Whereas in skyward sword, combat is a tedious waste of time, the story is an excuse plot, you can only play it once since 90% of the game is comprised of retarded puzzles (90% of which are pointlessly easy, the other 10% are "guide dang its"), and the only difference between this and every other zelda game is the gimmick that every zelda game has, plus a handful of items you use in a few dungeons during puzzles, and most importantly, only a small niche group actually likes zelda
Nobody else sees the appeal

Combat is fun and I don't feel like going back to normal controls anymore,story is better than past zelda games because zelda is link's close friend and makes it very reasonable to save her.The puzzles are fun and creative like past zelda games.So I don't see any reason how anyone can hate it.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:10 pm

...I never said I hate Skyrim. I just like SS better.

Skyrim does have that quality of 'short of nothing from a perfect game", but I personally prefer SS more. SS wasn't too over hyped, seeing as it is indeed living up to its expectations.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Enrique Puerto Rican wrote:
...I never said I hate Skyrim. I just like SS better.

Skyrim does have that quality of 'short of nothing from a perfect game", but I personally prefer SS more. SS wasn't too over hyped, seeing as it is indeed living up to its expectations.

I expected more enemies types in SS,though maybe it's because most of the enemies were already revealed in the trailers.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:01 am

Currently Playing: None, grounded.
@Steven: Did I ever SAY Zelda doesn't use cliches?! No. In fact, Zelda contains TONS of cliches and tropes. The difference is that LOZ puts a spin on it every now and again. That legendary sword was created by fusing spirit and blade, and Link's status as a legendary hero is part of an over 1000-year old curse created by Demise(AKA The Imprisoned), whose hatred Ganondorf is an incarnation of! I will agree that Zelda does have some points where it's very "been there, done that", but I'm just gonna come out and say it. As long as the game is fun, I like it. That's probably why I like Star Fox Assault so much.

Do these three things, and you will not be fed to the sharks.

Boom.

PSN Name: UltimateBrawl
Games I own: LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Portal 2(completed the Co-Op campaign, but I'm willing to help you beat it!)
Add me if you want!

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:41 am

Waifu: I'm married
nope sorry
zelda is an awful game
you are lying if you say you like it

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:35 pm
YIM WWW

Waifu: You!
ugh
i really don't know what to say right now, you all say so many wrong things about everything

i'm just going to post this picture and be done with it and say both games are amazing, and for you all to play Arkham City

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:33 pm

Count chocula wrote:
nope sorry
zelda is an awful game
you are lying if you say you like it

Are you TRYING to get hated on? Try to avoid posting this stuff.

In any case, Zelda obviously isn't your style. Good for you, now play something you like.

Boom.

Games I own: LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Portal 2(completed the Co-Op campaign, but I'm willing to help you beat it!)
Add me if you want!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:00 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Chill guys. This isn't the topic to be discussing game of the year. Take the conversation here if you wish to continue discussing things of that nature. Also, rule 19 states that if you do not like a topic, which includes the subject matter being discussed in said topic, it'd be better if you didn't post in it. It's okay to voice your opinion, but it's not okay to spark arguments willingly.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:58 pm

Currently on my 3rd run,but I'm starting to lose interest in playing now.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
just got skyward sword am loving it so far can anyone tell me any secrets that wont spoil the story

I AM APPLE

Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:20 am

Let me put it this way; Skyward Sword puts a HUGE emphasis on story, almost to the point of going too far. Almost.

Boom.

Add me if you want!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:56 am

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
Onaru wrote:
Currently on my 3rd run,but I'm starting to lose interest in playing now.

Well duh, it's only been out for maybe a month and your on your 3rd play through.

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:26 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 95  Next