The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:58 pm

[ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Naruto 

Drarky wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
I had some ideas for Naruto buffs.
A. Make the hit box on rasenga bigger. That way it's more reliable. Why would you want such a powerful projectile to be more reliable?
B. Give up-air a bit more kill power. Especially since the strong hit box isn't out for that long.
C. Based on the beta game play I watched, Naruto can't stun with rasenshuriken anymore, and Naruto also seems to have more end lag after tossing the move. How about making the rasenshuriken, while still in his had, a hit box as well. Kind of like Mewtwo's up-smash. No.

A. Rasenga isn't a projectile. It's Naruto's uncarhged neutral-special. You're thinking of rasenshuriken.
C. Why not? Naruto just sits there anyway, so he'll open for an attack after he launches the move. It seemed to have a lot of end lag in beta.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:14 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Drarky wrote:
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
I had some ideas for Naruto buffs.
A. Make the hit box on rasenga bigger. That way it's more reliable. Why would you want such a powerful projectile to be more reliable?
B. Give up-air a bit more kill power. Especially since the strong hit box isn't out for that long.
C. Based on the beta game play I watched, Naruto can't stun with rasenshuriken anymore, and Naruto also seems to have more end lag after tossing the move. How about making the rasenshuriken, while still in his had, a hit box as well. Kind of like Mewtwo's up-smash. No.

A. Rasenga isn't a projectile. It's Naruto's uncarhged neutral-special. You're thinking of rasenshuriken.
C. Why not? Naruto just sits there anyway, so he'll open for an attack after he launches the move. It seemed to have a lot of end lag in beta.

I agree

Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:29 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
I do agree with a hitbox on the RasenShuriken while naruto is holding it, because it is still a highly explosive projectile, it just hasn't been thrown yet.
If anything, It should behave like the SmartBomb from Brawl. Hitting naruto, or accidentally running into the shuriken while he is holding it would cause in a explosion that slowly increases in size and is easy to SDI out of.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:59 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
SSB fandom: "The Smash series has too many clones!"

SSF2 Naruto: "Clooooones, you say?~" :smug:

Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:01 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:29 pm

Finally dropped the Naruto combo video. Shoutout to Praeto for editing it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-ReO98mutE

Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:43 pm

Darkruler124 wrote:
I wish that when you charge the rasengan, you run with it in the direction you face or if you tap backwards you run that way. I don't like how you just keep a charged rasengan/rasenshuriken while you fight. Plus the rasenshuriken should explode when it hits someone. It would be awesome if this were to happen.

i swear to god naruto fanboys wont be happy until all his moves are instakills that hit boxes take up the whole screen, he can wavedash, l cancels automatically, all his moves have no lag and he has unlimited jumps

Click to expand thumbnail
Main: Jigs, Bowser
Secondaries: The rest of the cast.
I Really Want To Play But Hes Really Bad: Kirby
~Yay! I love being the only solomain!~

Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:11 pm

Yupia wrote:
Darkruler124 wrote:
I wish that when you charge the rasengan, you run with it in the direction you face or if you tap backwards you run that way. I don't like how you just keep a charged rasengan/rasenshuriken while you fight. Plus the rasenshuriken should explode when it hits someone. It would be awesome if this were to happen.

i swear to god naruto fanboys wont be happy until all his moves are instakills that hit boxes take up the whole screen, he can wavedash, l cancels automatically, all his moves have no lag and he has unlimited jumps

What are you even talking about?

Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:35 pm

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
I think we shouldn't be wanting Naruto of all characters to be buffed, but here's what I think of the character in it's current state:

Besides his approach and recovery, he's pretty darn good (and annoying too).

Rasenshuriken deserved its nerf. The potential combos for it to kill are just too stupid with the GIANT stunbox it had.

What I suggest of Rasenshuriken, is to have a hitbox for the rasenshuriken itself as it's being cast (with a little startup), doing multihit so you could have a chance to Smash DI out. Then the projectile would drag the opponent with it, then explode.

If you want to get a little bit of what I mean, I'm trying to make it feel like Sage Naruto's throwable Rasenshuriken (his ultimate jutsu) in the Storm games.
The attack is at 1:20 in this video, and you should be able to DI out in 1:23:
YouTube Video:

The rasenshuriken itself could be as big like in the actual series, so a big @$$ stunbox isn't needed lmao

I'd appreciate Naruto players using the ACTUAL, semi-charged rasengan though, so it getting more versatility in the uncharged version previously mentioned would be nice.

Just taking things away from characters isn't really a good way to re-balance. I'd always take a tradeoff for a character than a straight up butchering, like how they handled Sm4sh's Bayo and Sheik.

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:44 pm

TheBeep wrote:
I think we shouldn't be wanting Naruto of all characters to be buffed, but here's what I think of the character in it's current state:

Besides his approach and recovery, he's pretty darn good (and annoying too).

Rasenshuriken deserved its nerf. The potential combos for it to kill are just too stupid with the GIANT stunbox it had.

What I suggest of Rasenshuriken, is to have a hitbox for the rasenshuriken itself as it's being cast (with a little startup), doing multihit so you could have a chance to Smash DI out. Then the projectile would drag the opponent with it, then explode.

If you want to get a little bit of what I mean, I'm trying to make it feel like Sage Naruto's throwable Rasenshuriken (his ultimate jutsu) in the Storm games.
The attack is at 1:20 in this video, and you should be able to DI out in 1:23: [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkuRuEfOgGo ]

The rasenshuriken itself could be as big like in the actual series, so a big @$$ stunbox isn't needed lmao

I'd appreciate Naruto players using the ACTUAL, semi-charged rasengan though, so it getting more versatility in the uncharged version previously mentioned would be nice.

Just taking things away from characters isn't really a good way to re-balance. I'd always take a tradeoff for a character than a straight up butchering, like how they handled Sm4sh's Bayo and Sheik.

I will agree with you on the last part.

To me, I want him nerfed in some areas while buffed in others.

Outside of his clones, Naruto is very defenseless. His range, priority and start up on certain attacks loses a lot. So I think that he would get buffs in priority due to the system being restructured, we will see what happens.

Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:07 pm

MGN Username: arcanecharms23
Currently Playing: Unturned
Love D-throw to F-tilt and F-smash ^^

Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:12 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
hello new guy; that combo doesn't work on experienced players, because a, you can tech the Dthrow, or even SDI away before being knocked down. and not only that, but you need to somehow land before they get up, which is next to impossible if they tech the floor in any direction.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi! Yeah :'( i guess you can always tech roll, but it works on AI and the totally non-experienced

Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:11 pm

Arcane wrote:
Hi! Yeah :'( i guess you can always tech roll, but it works on AI and the totally non-experienced

I also think you can jump out of it or they can just d.i. away from it.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:05 pm

Never knew you could D.I. out of the down throw- thx lol

Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:41 pm
 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next