The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:28 pm

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Which Joker is better? 
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
[NU] wrote:
Akatsuki Cloud wrote:
The one from the original Batman or the newer one. I personally prefer the older one because he was more like he was supposed to be like with his comedic personality.

Wierd, I just had a discussion about this with my brother the other day. Anyway I think nicholsan was better. Why? Because he had nothing to work off of. Everything in that move was 100% him. Now when Ledge was given the role, he had nicholsan to learn from. I bet you Ledger watched the originol batman 100+ times to really understand nicholsan.

Euhm, you do know Nicholson wasn't the original Joker?

He was played 22 years before Nicholson's first appearance by Cesar Romero. Heck, there were like, 3 jokers before Nicholson, I'm pretty sure he had SOMETHING to work with.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm346528000/tt0060153

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:48 am

I have to say Ledger was better. (That's maybe because I like the new batman movies better overall they're much more serious than the others.)

Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:46 pm

Kamuki wrote:
I have to say Ledger was better. (That's maybe because I like the new batman movies better overall they're much more serious than the others.)

y so srs?

Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:47 pm

Currently Playing: NBA 2K11, SaintsRow 2
the new one because if you saw the dark knight he is more evil then the old funny one

Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:49 pm

dare to compare olol

Its really a no brainer that ledger is the best joker so far.

"I gayraged. And I'm not even gay." - Kosheh

Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:38 pm

GDKN wrote:
dare to compare olol

Ledger lacked bleaching. It's not Joker without the bleach (anymore)

Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:22 pm
Site Admin

Ziku wrote:
GDKN wrote:
dare to compare olol

That was only one way in the comic

They didn't want joker to be white because of batman pushing him in

Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:50 pm

Ray fletcher wrote:
Ziku wrote:
GDKN wrote:
dare to compare olol

That was only one way in the comic

They didn't want joker to be white because of batman pushing him in

Meh, that was my favorite way it was told.

*Wishes you woulda gotten back to me on the Skype PM*

Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:14 pm

Ledger was hell of a lot good. It was more relistic and serious then the old Joker. The comedic stuff was funny, but wtf would someone really do that in real life? The origin of Joker falling in a liquid stuff makes no sense how his face would couinsedently look like a clown. I think the new Joker rox and is better then the old school. Deal with it.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:39 pm

Their Jokers are two completeyl different characters, basically, by the same name and slightly same backstory.

Ledger's is the psycho who decides he should be the one running the mob, so he cuts himself a permanent smile, painted his face, and decided to wing it, before getting curious about what kind of person the Batman is.

Nicholson's is jealous of Batman's press time, and calls himself Joker due to his accident with the acid bleaching his face and what-not. He also decides to place his style of villainy around humor, due to his name.

They can't exactly be compared.. but if I had to choose between the two, Ledger FTW.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:01 pm

thedobaga wrote:
Their Jokers are two completeyl different characters, basically, by the same name and slightly same backstory.

Ledger's is the psycho who decides he should be the one running the mob, so he cuts himself a permanent smile, painted his face, and decided to wing it, before getting curious about what kind of person the Batman is.

Nicholson's is jealous of Batman's press time, and calls himself Joker due to his accident with the acid bleaching his face and what-not. He also decides to place his style of villainy around humor, due to his name.

They can't exactly be compared.. but if I had to choose between the two, Ledger FTW.

the ledger joker didnt cut himself his dad did

Why i failed grade 10:stupid, wore ''short pants'' in the hall, listened in class, bears, semi-frankenstein syndrome, walking around, sand sphere, faces scare me, play tag with clothing racks at Zellers.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:08 pm

im_with_baka wrote:
thedobaga wrote:

the ledger joker didnt cut himself his dad did

That was one of multiple stories. Joker himself doesn't even know where he got them (in the comics he had the scars in)

Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:30 pm

GDKN wrote:
dare to compare olol

Ledger even looks more elike a villian. He has the rough looking hair and facial expressions.

When I watched Dark Knight I found myself cheering on the Joker at certain times cause he was so cool

Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:43 pm

Sonic_Pwns wrote:
Ledger was hell of a lot good. It was more relistic and serious then the old Joker. The comedic stuff was funny, but wtf would someone really do that in real life? The origin of Joker falling in a liquid stuff makes no sense how his face would couinsedently look like a clown. I think the new Joker rox and is better then the old school. Deal with it.

I have two things to say about that. He would do that in real life because that makes him more crazy and when he fell in the chemicals it bleached his skin and wrecked the nerves in his face giving him a constant grin.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:03 pm

Ledger was the best at doing Joker.

Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:06 pm
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next