The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:38 am

[ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 40  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia VIII [Pokémon] 

He's just asking to get lynched.

Is this game really small enough for it to end if he is the jester?

Wed May 16, 2012 8:49 pm
SSF2 Developer

Don't think so lol
Should we finish him off, or wait for him to respond?

Wed May 16, 2012 8:52 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
I'M NOT ON THE STUPID COMPUTER 24/7.

UGH.

STOP PLAYING LIKE YOU CAN JUST LYNCH ANYONE ON NO REASONING BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK. YOU HAVE TWO MYSLINCHES AND A WHOLE GAME OF THEM LAST GAME TO DRIVE THAT INTO YOUR THICK SKULLS.
I DON'T INVENT ROLES, I JUST PLAY THEM. I'VE GOTTEN US INTO A MESS BY ASKING TO BE ABLE TO PLAY LONGER, AND ON MY HONOUR I INTEND TO GET US OUT OF IT.

Seriously.

Read Sonicstormer's posts. He's the one I've been getting the most scum tells off of. Mainly because he accuses three people (Cactus, Me, and Prince Marth) of being scum on shoddy reasoning at best. Though I can understand me because I've been playing horribly all game.
There's also the thing about him being cheesed about the night of no night actions, when it's actually really beneficial for the town.

Vote: Sonicstormer38

Wed May 16, 2012 10:37 pm
SSF2 Developer

Nom.
I really find you suspicous, even more so with that last post.

Wed May 16, 2012 11:09 pm
SSF2 Developer

Alrighty. Here're my personal reads. Each name is followed by a speculated chance that they are Mafia.

IF DJ Wizard Cop is Mafioso/ If DJ Wizard Cop is Third-Party:

3)Infinity - 10%/ 30%
4)Prince Marth - 25%/ 15%
5)Nixter - 90%/ 30%
7)Thomas Terminator - 30%/ 55%. Doesn't really post much, and might be hiding from the careful watch of the Town.
8)135 - 0% lol
9)DJ wizard cop - 100%/ 0%
10)Felipe_9595 - 15%/ 10%
11)Dephius - 15%/ 10%
12)Sonicstormer38 - 20%/ 40%
13)Mr Flash and Flames 15%/ 35-50%, depending on whether we find out about DJ Wizard Cop's active ability or something.

Wed May 16, 2012 11:25 pm
BR Member

Those numbers don't make any sense. Most ridiculous one is Nixter because he's barely had any interaction with me all game.
Second most ridiculous one is Infinity because if I'm a third party (Which is what will happen) then these nice people driving my lynch (Sonicstormer, 135 and Infinity) are definite scum.

It's a perfect strategy;
-A third party whose been the main driving force behind the last two lynches for his personal gain is going to join the town.
-We don't really want that because he's probably going to cause some correct lynches here.
-Hey let's discredit his claim and say it doesn't make sense, when if you actually do your research every single role that's been revealed makes a ton of sense!
-Yeah!
-Oh hey the town is helping us with investigations!
(Flash Flame is right, I can communicate. But the identity of the person I was communicating with wasn't given to me, and I didn't have the ability at the start of the game. Plus they haven't even said anything. Maybe they're dead? It's useless information either way and it just makes me look scummy so I didn't mention it earlier.)
-Let's finish him off with ridiculous statistics!

And then the third party makes a serious attempt at helping the town, which is immediately discredited by his suggested lynch's scum mate.
The scum mate then throws in some handy numbers so that if they succeed in lynching the third party
(Which should be easy, no one likes third parties, especially Arbok, even when they decide to help the town because they've already won)
It seperates his scum mates from him so that they aren't as likely to be accused of buddying later on.

And that my friends is the perfect strategy, brought to you by our team of Mafia, Sonicstormer, 135, and Infinity.

Doesn't matter though since as I've made abundantly clear and for some reason you guys won't accept, I have already won this game.

If that paragraph up there is hard to swallow, feel free to lynch me because I don't have to care anymore. But please do heed my advice once I die.

Thu May 17, 2012 12:18 am
SSF2 Developer

Time to get serious.

Quote:
Most ridiculous one is Nixter because he's barely had any interaction with me all game.

Notice how eagaer he had been to cast votes on:
Me.
Cactus.
Prince Marth.
Brik.
Dephius.
Sonicstormer38

Just about everyone.

Except, guess which single person he not only DIDN'T SUSPECT, but instead tried to defend - a first for him in the entire game, pretty much? And moreover, unfounded defense?

Quote:
Second most ridiculous one is Infinity because if I'm a third party (Which is what will happen) then these nice people driving my lynch (Sonicstormer, 135 and Infinity) are definite scum.

Where did you get that?

The reason I don't suspect Infinity is because, yes, I think it's reasonable to suspect you. And that's what he's doing. In fact, it makes me suspicious that people are not suspecting you. Dephius's case is understandable, since he's relatively new, but seems to have had a lot of gaming experience. Therefore, he probably played elsewhere where the set-ups are generally different in favor.

Sonicstormer, yeah, I find him suspicious too. Mainly because of the reasoning he gives for his votes aren't really very well-developed. But hey, seem like it's his first time playing. He shows exceptional skill for a first time player, though.

Quote:
(Sonicstormer, 135 and Infinity) are definite scum.

I think one of three things could be going on here.
-You're Mafia.
-You're third-party and are making a mistake at reading.

Thu May 17, 2012 12:51 am
SSF2 Developer

Also, if I'm "definite scum" and you are indeed third-party, why didn't I just hammer in? There is no reason for me to leave one of the most experienced Mafia players alive and defending himself if the above assumptions are true.

They aren't.

Thu May 17, 2012 12:53 am
BR Member

Dude, you're scum. If the above assumptions aren't true then you would just hammer instead of using it as grounds for being innocent.
You're quite happy to let Prince Marth hammer anyway (Some sort of Actor maybe?); it gives you a target for tomorrow.

Look: From Day 1 you throw out random accusations like they're confetti. Nixter, Pachino, Brik, Crabby and Cactus?
This is the first Mafia game you've done this, and logically it would make sense for you to behave differently and more scum like the first time you play as Mafia.

Day 2 you immediately discredit Brik's claim for being a bad townie because Brik was an easy lynch with me pushing so hard. (For obvious reasons. I haven't actually been playing pro-town until Day 3.)
Then as soon as that stops working and Dephius doesn't like what I'm doing, you decide to put the heat on the UNCOUNTERCLAIMED COP WHOSE INNOCENCE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY THE GAME MASTER HIMSELF.
Then as soon as THAT stops working you unvote and say this:
135 wrote:
I don't really know Dephius's role. Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure when I said he was non-Town and could convince player A that player B was guilty.
Yeah, you're not sure because you couldn't convince everyone that Dephius was Mafia.
So why did I make that claim? Here's how it started.
And here is where you put some false reasoning for your attempt at a mislynch;
Well, as you all know, neither Dephius nor Brik were the least suspicious players around. Yes they were. UnCC'd Cop and Brik, who was being pressured with horrible arguments from yours truly. Dephius defending Brik made me highly suspect that he was trying to clear his fellow Mafia by claiming to be Cop. What caught my attention, however, was his claim that he was a psychic Pokemon, and could use his psychic abilities to investigate. Sooooo? What's wrong with that? If YOU were a cop and you got an inno result on someone, what would YOU do?

Which leads to what happened last night. Last night, I was role-blocked. So yeah, the Mafia has a Role-Blocker out there somewhere. How on EARTH do you know that? How can you be sure it wasn't a town roleblocker who made a mistake? Because you're the Mafia roleblocker is why. That's impotant, but I digress. Last night, I was also sent a Private Message, where I heard a voice saying Pachino is guilty. Well, guess what? We wake up today morning and Pachino turns out to be Town-sided. So yeah, SOMEONE targeted me and tried to convince me that Pachino was guilty. And that's where you attempt to find a reason for Dephius being guilty and cover your actions.

And today, Dephius here claims to be psychic. Yeah, that kind of makes me even more suspicious. Since Pokemon generally could be either Town or Mafia (as is his case), he could easily claim his own Pokemon to be safe, which I thought he did. And thus, I thought his actual role was of a psychic Pokemon. Which fitted with the role of whoever tried to convince me Pachino is guilty last night. But I wasn't sure. Dude, Espeon isn't exactly what I'd call a bad guy pokemon. Try Ghastly or that rhino one or Arbok.

So I posted my hypothesis that Dephius was a Mafia-aligned "Framer" (is that the term for it?) as if it were investigation results. If he were REALLY what I thought he was (in which case, he has a chance of simply spilling the beans, thinking that it's already game over for him). If he doesn't indicate that my hypothesis is correct, I retract my vote (which I'm doing now). Translation: If no one falls for my obvious trick, I'll give some ridiculous reasoning for it and everyone's happy. Right? Wrong.

I mean, yeah, I think he's really suspicious and all. But I don't want to risk accudentally off'ing a Cop. If you're so suspicious of him and you think his claim was ridiculous, then how could you possibly risk offing a cop? Because you were trying to cause a mislynch, and no one fell for it.

A bit later on you say this:
135 wrote:
OK, gonna explain.

One of the Town's job is to pick up on suspicious posts. And then lynch the person who made them. You can't pick up on suspicious posts if other people don't post. If a Mafia doesn't want to get lynched, they don't post so people can't pick up on their suspicious posts. So, by not posting, they could get ignored and not get lynched. That's why we want to look out for people who are not posting.
Translation: Sonicstormer, I know you're new at this, but you're my Mafia buddy so get in here before we have to lynch you.

Sonicstormer38 had not been making posts. Dun dun dun...
Don't lynch him just yet though, he might only be busy. But IDK lol
Translation: Well I mean even though I just posted a paragraph on why we should lynch Sonicstormer we shouldn't lynch him because he's my Mafia buddy.

Then people actually go along with your for once good reasoning, but since Sonicstormer is your Mafia buddy you don't want that happening.
135 wrote:
Did't I just say not to lynch him yet? :ko:

And then later on on Day 2, after I claimed lyncher and made Brik 100% clear, you START A BANDWAGON TO LYNCH HIM.
135 wrote:
Vote: Brikmaninoff
What do you mean, get votes off him?

What he means is Deph is an UnCC'd cop who got an inno on Brik, which is reason enough to defend him, but you've been trying to lynch Deph for the whole day so you see this as an opportunity.

And then there are a bunch of Day 3 things that just close your case tighter but I don't have time to write them right now.

inb4 you hammer me so I don't cause any more correct lynches.

Thu May 17, 2012 12:39 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
135 wrote:
Time to get serious.

Quote:
Most ridiculous one is Nixter because he's barely had any interaction with me all game.

Notice how eagaer he had been to cast votes on:
Me.
Cactus.
Prince Marth.
Brik.
Dephius.
Sonicstormer38

Just about everyone.

Except, guess which single person he not only DIDN'T SUSPECT, but instead tried to defend - a first for him in the entire game, pretty much? And moreover, unfounded defense?

Quote:

Where did you get that?

The reason I don't suspect Infinity is because, yes, I think it's reasonable to suspect you. And that's what he's doing. In fact, it makes me suspicious that people are not suspecting you. Dephius's case is understandable, since he's relatively new, but seems to have had a lot of gaming experience. Therefore, he probably played elsewhere where the set-ups are generally different in favor.

Sonicstormer, yeah, I find him suspicious too. Mainly because of the reasoning he gives for his votes aren't really very well-developed. But hey, seem like it's his first time playing. He shows exceptional skill for a first time player, though.

Quote:
(Sonicstormer, 135 and Infinity) are definite scum.

I think one of three things could be going on here.
-You're Mafia.
-You're third-party and are making a mistake at reading.

Yo, I got proof of Deph being not scum, and I said I was sorry, so I didn't vote for him no more. I'm not scum, bro.

Thu May 17, 2012 6:43 pm

DP:

SOrry I wasn't on much, my laptop is broken, so I'm on my mum's laptop, I won't be on that much though.

Thu May 17, 2012 6:44 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Thomas Terminator
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Halo Master Chief Collection, Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Reason for me being not posting much is that i only got a few minutes to look at things on MG. I have finals to take next week. (Same with Flash, him and I go to the same school).

Once finals are over, i'll be even more active.

Thu May 17, 2012 6:56 pm
SSF2 Developer

Quote:
Dude, you're scum. If the above assumptions aren't true then you would just hammer instead of using it as grounds for being innocent.

lol no. I wasn't certain enough to vote for you comfortably.
And that leads to why i asked someone else to do it. It's not so much gaming strategy as simply a mental thing.

Quote:
Look: From Day 1 you throw out random accusations like they're confetti. Nixter, Pachino, Brik, Crabby and Cactus?
This is the first Mafia game you've done this, and logically it would make sense for you to behave differently and more scum like the first time you play as Mafia.

...Pachino? When did I do that?
Also, this is like, my third Mafia game. I think as a beginner, I could be expected to show massive changes in level of confidence. Or something.

Quote:
Day 2 you immediately discredit Brik's claim for being a bad townie because Brik was an easy lynch with me pushing so hard. (For obvious reasons. I haven't actually been playing pro-town until Day 3.)

No. I discredited his claim because as one of the most seasoned players in the game, that excuse is not something I would easily expect from him.

Quote:
Then as soon as that stops working and Dephius doesn't like what I'm doing, you decide to put the heat on the UNCOUNTERCLAIMED COP WHOSE INNOCENCE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY THE GAME MASTER HIMSELF.

Wait. Since when was his innocence confirmed by the game master himself? I don't remember that heppening.
ANd I think it's reasonable to assume in a game like this, the cop could have been inactive. And I think yo'd agree I had reasonable grounds to suspect Dephius.
Quote:
Yeah, you're not sure because you couldn't convince everyone that Dephius was Mafia.

If I was really going for a mis-lynch, I THINK I wouldn't try something that audacious and then give up when Dephius WAS ABOUT TO GET LYNCHED.

Quote:
And here is where you put some false reasoning for your attempt at a mislynch;

See above.

Quote:
So yeah, the Mafia has a Role-Blocker out there somewhere. How on EARTH do you know that? How can you be sure it wasn't a town roleblocker who made a mistake? Because you're the Mafia roleblocker is why.

Oops. Forgot for a moment that the Town had role-blockers.
And uh, no, I'm not the Mafia role-blocker.

Quote:
And that's where you attempt to find a reason for Dephius being guilty and cover your actions.

Not sure what you're trying to say here.

Quote:
Dude, Espeon isn't exactly what I'd call a bad guy pokemon. Try Ghastly or that rhino one or Arbok.

Nothing to do with Espeon. I'm not that into Pokemon, so meh. It was based off his psychic ability. And well, how suspicious he was kinda being.

Quote:
Translation: If no one falls for my obvious trick, I'll give some ridiculous reasoning for it and everyone's happy. Right? Wrong.

Wong interpretation, as explained above.

Quote:
you're so suspicious of him and you think his claim was ridiculous, then how could you possibly risk offing a cop? Because you were trying to cause a mislynch, and no one fell for it.

Because I wasn't 100% certain. That's reasonable enough, no?

Quote:
Translation: Sonicstormer, I know you're new at this, but you're my Mafia buddy so get in here before we have to lynch you.

lol if I were Mafia why didn't I use the Mafia chat?

Quote:
Translation: Well I mean even though I just posted a paragraph on why we should lynch Sonicstormer we shouldn't lynch him because he's my Mafia buddy.

OR maybe it was because lynching people based on inactivity alone is kind of risky.

Quote:
And then later on on Day 2, after I claimed lyncher and made Brik 100% clear, you START A BANDWAGON TO LYNCH HIM.

Again, I apologize for my experience. I suppose I wasn't really aware that being a lyncher automatically made one's target a Town-sided player.

Quote:
What he means is Deph is an UnCC'd cop who got an inno on Brik, which is reason enough to defend him, but you've been trying to lynch Deph for the whole day so you see this as an opportunity.

And then there are a bunch of Day 3 things that just close your case tighter but I don't have time to write them right now.

Look at the language used in Deph's post. I think it's natural to think of it as suspicious.

Thu May 17, 2012 9:07 pm
SSF2 Developer

Quote:
inb4 you hammer me so I don't cause any more correct lynches.

My estimated chance for you being Mafia right now is around 80%.
Should I hammer?

Thu May 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Question: Why are you pulling numbers out of your a**?

Thu May 17, 2012 9:12 pm
 [ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 40  Next