The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:06 am

[ 971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 65  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia XII [All Stars] 
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
Dephius wrote:
I guess I'll Unvote: Terra for now. Just remember, we can't wait forever until something scummier than Terra comes up.

It's not a given that we have to lynch day 1. In fact, it's usually better not to, even if you're somewhat suspicious of someone.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:10 pm

(Comes back)
(Sees lots of posts)

Eep.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:35 pm
SSF2 Developer

Time to read...and get reads.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:35 pm
SSF2 Developer

Not sure if I'm missing anything, but Terra's whole voting activity doesn't seem very suspicious. He was like, pressuring, but then there were only two pressure votes and then things got cleared up (?) and he unvoted.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:40 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Unvote
Honestly, I'm nitpicking the s*** out Terra's posts too much. I was really just trying to get more conversation started anyway. It's good to test for reactions. Unfortunately, I haven't really gotten anything though :/ . I dont want this to turn into another lynch like Nixter last game

AMA

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:57 pm

I agree, lynching today would be stupid, but we should at least try to get some conversation going. That way we're not left with nothing on day 2.
So Brik do you have anything to say for the accusations placed against you?

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:04 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Unvote
Honestly, I'm nitpicking the s#%$& out Terra's posts too much. I was really just trying to get more conversation started anyway. It's good to test for reactions. Unfortunately, I haven't really gotten anything though :/ . I dont want this to turn into another lynch like Nixter last game

Oh no you don't.
Don't withdrawal me. Unvoting is good, but you didn't have to say that you were nitpicking too much.
This post's sentence construction and general rhythm, as well as inclusion of unecessary details doesn't fit with your earlier ones.
Making stuff up much? Can't letcha do that Starfox.

I'd laugh so hard if my earliest "read" was right and you're actually covering for Terra and Dephius.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:33 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Haha, guys. I don't think TheOneWhoKnocks is mafia. Barring new evidence, I will hold the same opinion even if Terra flips as scum. The guy hasn't done a thing to make me suspect him. Additionally, Void is right in saying that setting up "if A = Town then B = Mafia"-type equations this early in the game is stupid. That wasn't my goal though. I said what I said to draw out posts like this one:

Lucina wrote:
I'm more suspicious of TOWK and Brik than Terra, at the moment.

Thanks to the above, I am convinced that Terra and Lucina are scum buddies. The latter comes in and tries to turn the heat on both people that he feels are threatening his partner, but with nary a word to back himself up. He gets called on his lack of reasoning and makes up an argument that feels rather lame and contrived. I'm good with lynching either him or his partner.

Also, just so you guys know, wagons aren't bad. They get stuff done and move the game along, especially on Day 1. Voting patterns are one of the best scum-tells, but those can only be picked up on when votes start to have meaning behind them. Wagons are good and should not be eschewed like seems to be the case so far in this game.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:56 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
Not saying this is conclusive or anything, but it certainly seems like you're employing another common mafia tactic, i.e. linking a scum player to a non-scum so a townie will be possibly lynched if the scum is. Or they could both be town. Regardless stating your suspicions of one player over another isn't at all indicative of the fact that you're scum buddies with the second player, which leaves me kind of confused about why you're "convinced" about Terra and Lucina.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:04 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
This post would be a little diverting at time, so I hope you understand.
Brikmaninoff wrote:
Haha, guys. I don't think TheOneWhoKnocks is mafia. Barring new evidence, I will hold the same opinion even if Terra flips as scum. The guy hasn't done a thing to make me suspect him. Additionally, Void is right in saying that setting up "if A = Town then B = Mafia"-type equations this early in the game is stupid. That wasn't my goal though. I said what I said to draw out posts like this one:

Lucina wrote:
I'm more suspicious of TOWK and Brik than Terra, at the moment.

Thanks to the above, I am convinced that Terra and Lucina are scum buddies. The latter comes in and tries to turn the heat on both people that he feels are threatening his partner, but with nary a word to back himself up. He gets called on his lack of reasoning and makes up an argument that feels rather lame and contrived. I'm good with lynching either him or his partner.

Also, just so you guys know, wagons aren't bad. They get stuff done and move the game along, especially on Day 1. Voting patterns are one of the best scum-tells, but those can only be picked up on when votes start to have meaning behind them. Wagons are good and should not be eschewed like seems to be the case so far in this game.

I just have a few questions/comments towards Brik, unless stated otherwise:
Why am I more suspicious than TOWK when I have already explained myself completely?
You seem very attached to TOWK, as if you're certain he's town. He could be playing very good scum.
I have a feeling you only just came up with that explanation(to draw out reactions) to cover up, but I'm nabout this. ot sure
And why do you theorize a scum connection between Lucina and myself when Lucina has only stated one thing about me the entire game? Truth be told, there isn't much of an explanation, which doesn't look good. But to be so confident that both me and Lucina are scum says something, and it's not just about strengthening your reads.

@Lucina
Lucina wrote:
Just seems to me like you guys are hoping to get a bandwagon on Terra, then (after we find out he's town), you'll accuse one of the later bandwagoners or the person who hammered of being scum.

Just a theory, though.

@Lucina: The people who drive the lynch are usually held responsible for the lynch, especially if they push hard. Refer to MG Mafia 11, where I was eventually lynched when Nixter flipped town.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:20 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Brik, if wagons are good, explain why you didn't vote. inb4 lame reason.

Oh yeah going to go and Vote: Terra
Don't wagon or I'm lynching everyone who does.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:45 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Why would you vote someone then tell everyone else not to do it? If you think anyone else who does is scum, you probably shouldn't have said anything and caught them in the act.

AMA

Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:52 pm

I don't suspect TOWK that much because he seems to be playing very much like he did last game, except maybe for that last post. Though I admit his voting methods seem a little rash it doesn't seem out of practice for him.

As for the terra+Lucina=scum buddy issue, I can see where brik is going with this, but it's a very bold assumption at this point. Though I will admit Lucina's statement seem a little sketchy, not all of his post were nonsensical. He has a point when referring to TOWK, but the suspicion of Brik is completely unfounded because brik didn't actually state any evidence at the point which he voted for terra(which is usually not a good step when going for a mislynch bandwagon.) Lucina suspicion of TOWK and Brik is half and half really.

Ninja'd:@TOWK. DJ probably has some sort of pressuring plan and he wants something to show for it.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:02 am

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
@DJ Wizard Cop: Brik's vote is still on me.

I'm starting to have a little suspicion of DJ Wizard Cop. Out of nowhere, he suddenly comes in and votes for me, without posting any reasons other than "seems scummy.".

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:07 am

Terra wrote:
@DJ Wizard Cop: Brik's vote is still on me.

I'm starting to have a little suspicion of DJ Wizard Cop. Out of nowhere, he suddenly comes in and votes for me, without posting any reasons other than "seems scummy.".

Nope I'm not letting this one slide, if DJ really wanted you dead he wouldn't have followed up with if anyone else votes for terra you're on my list.
At this point it really just looks like you're trying to make someone else look suspicious.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:52 am
 [ 971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 65  Next