The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:04 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next
Samus 

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Then good for Samus for having strengths and favorable matchups.

Bombs are a great tool for Samus's all round game but it's not like she's untouchable with them and you can hit her out of her ball. Samus also has a weak close range ground game(save for her amazing down smash <3) so bombs help her in some aspects.

My friend mains Samus and she can be annoying yes, but Bombs alone are nothing game breaking or unbeatable.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:19 pm
YIM
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
@gemssbguy
I stated inside my paragraph (in parentheses) that Samus' air-to-air game is great. Samus cannot viably go to the air to combat a grounded opponent because her short hop is too high and she falls really slowly. She has to use spaced tilts and projectiles to force an opponent above her where she almost always has the advantage.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:26 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Shine! wrote:
Then good for Samus for having strengths and favorable matchups.

Bombs are a great tool for Samus's all round game but it's not like she's untouchable with them and you can hit her out of her ball. Samus also has a weak close range ground game(save for her amazing down smash <3) so bombs help her in some aspects.

My friend mains Samus and she can be annoying yes, but Bombs alone are nothing game breaking or unbeatable.

I know that for a fact my friend. Like I said, I usually beat Samus with any character that isn't short ranged. The only characters I struggle with are Mario and Kirby with this MU.

And whatcha talkin' bout "weak close range game"? Her smashes are ridiculiously powerful, save usmash. Not to mention Screw Attack in pretty safe OoS.

Starkiller2 wrote:
@gemssbguy
I stated inside my paragraph (in parentheses) that Samus' air-to-air game is great. Samus cannot viably go to the air to combat a grounded opponent because her short hop is too high and she falls really slowly. She has to use spaced tilts and projectiles to force an opponent above her where she almost always has the advantage.

Then you obviously haven't tried SHFF bairs or fairs.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:28 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
I can't agree that Tails has an easy time with her. If you get close, she'll mine. If you sit back and cannon, she'll missile over your photon blast or she can use unfinished charge shot which goes through the cannon. It's not a pleasant time for me to fight a Samus at all.

Missiles going over photon cannon and tagging my ears I swear -_-

Nah but srsly do you think it's normal for unfinished charge shot to pierce projectiles?

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:54 pm

MGN Username: Airra
RemPrower wrote:
I can't agree that Tails has an easy time with her. If you get close, she'll mine. If you sit back and cannon, she'll missile over your photon blast or she can use unfinished charge shot which goes through the cannon. It's not a pleasant time for me to fight a Samus at all.

Missiles going over photon cannon and tagging my ears I swear -_-

Nah but srsly do you think it's normal for unfinished charge shot to pierce projectiles?

I've been noticing a lot of weirdness on her projectiles, myself. Link's Hylian shield hasn't been able to block my normal shots, but it can take the full blast like a brick wall without making him flinch. If I recall correctly, it should be able to block the projectile regardless of charge.

I'm going to go ahead and say it may have something to do with the weird priority issues in this version of the demo that all the characters have been having.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:07 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Fun thing to do when fighting DK:
For some reason, because I think Charge Shot is transcendent or close in this game (TSON could you please verify?). an uncharged shot will go straight through his up-B, leading to really fun edgeguards.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:13 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
It has priority level 6. It gets out-prioritized by Falcon-Pawnch (7, I guess), but cancels-out with Tails' Energy-Ball and Black Mage's Thundaga.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:04 am

That is only half true. If the charge beam is fully charged, photon cannon will block it. If it isn't fully charged, it goes through photon.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:18 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Why can't smash just use the same priority system as every 2D fighter? :x

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:25 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
RemPrower wrote:
That is only half true. If the charge beam is fully charged, photon cannon will block it. If it isn't fully charged, it goes through photon.

I'm pretty sure I saw a turnip go through at least a half charged charge beam. But I could be wrong.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:03 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Oh. I think see now. Charge-Shot will only clank with projectile and not physical attacks.

That's kind of dumb. No wonder why Knee of Justice doesn't cancel-out a Full-Charged Shot.

I also think Falcon Punch has level 7 priority and transcending priority at the same time. Because it no longer clanks or trades with itself. Even when two Falcon Punches are inputted on the same exact frame, one Falcon Punch will randomly beat-out the other. No more universe destruction.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:27 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Zalozis wrote:
Oh. I think see now. Charge-Shot will only clank with projectile and not physical attacks.

That's kind of dumb. No wonder why Knee of Justice doesn't cancel-out a Full-Charged Shot.

I also think Falcon Punch has level 7 priority and transcending priority at the same time. Because it no longer clanks or trades with itself. Even when two Falcon Punches are inputted on the same exact frame, one Falcon Punch will randomly beat-out the other. No more universe destruction.

NOOO!

This priority system is really weird, and I would like to see a more intuitive system built in. Too many attacks have priority that is really out of whack with the damage they do, and it makes it hard to plan for a matchup unless you memorize what attacks beat what.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:50 am

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Zalozis wrote:

NOOO!

This priority system is really weird, and I would like to see a more intuitive system built in. Too many attacks have priority that is really out of whack with the damage they do, and it makes it hard to plan for a matchup unless you memorize what attacks beat what.

I've been taking notes recently. It seems that intial hits of certain attacks beat out others. Like nairs and bairs, they usually beat out a majority of specials. But yeah, the priority system is outta whack.

Tested this myself, Pika's fair goes through like everything. It's pretty ridiculous.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:09 pm

MGN Username: Sachamel
Well most projectiles act weird when colliding with eachother, specially energy ones. Most go through Samu's Beam, if firing Sheik's needles through Naruto's side-b both get hit, etc. But as I recall reading somewhere in here, devs are already addressing the priority system since it's kinda wonky, so don't really see the need to worry too much since it will be most likely eventually fixed.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:37 pm

Glad to hear that. We can always count on these devs to improve things.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:19 pm
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next