The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:42 pm

[ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 38  Next
Fox 
SSF2 Developer

https://gfycat.com/FixedRevolvingGrassspider

Sat May 09, 2015 3:22 am

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
omg I love it 135 senpai

show us OoS bair next

Sat May 09, 2015 10:54 am
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
135 wrote:

Beautiful :love:

Sat May 09, 2015 12:32 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
135 wrote:

This is cool.

I want OoS Uair next!

Sat May 09, 2015 2:29 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: JayVoltage
Currently Playing: Rivals of Aether, Super Smasn Flash 2, Fate/Grand Order
Ok right now, I'm obsessed with edge cancelled illusions. I've been doing it in every game I've played so far because it looks soooo stylish. Does anyone else use it and is it only used for mix ups and style? Oh and if we play from now on, I might accidental four stocks but I'll still be happy because edge cancels are freaking awesome :]

Mains: :link: :falco: :sonic:
Most recent video of some of my favourite online moments. Check it out! :]

YouTube Video:

Newly acquired Servant: Minamoto no Yorimitsu NEW!

Sun May 10, 2015 6:52 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
JayVoltage wrote:
Ok right now, I'm obsessed with edge cancelled illusions. I've been doing it in every game I've played so far because it looks soooo stylish. Does anyone else use it and is it only used for mix ups and style? Oh and if we play from now on, I might accidental four stocks but I'll still be happy because edge cancels are freaking awesome :]

I try to perform those sometimes, but I don't due how I might cause myself to SD or I might mess it up and leave myself open.

Sun May 10, 2015 8:08 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
The hitbox of Fox Illusion combos, so when you edge-cancel it (removing the risk and giving yourself even more of a frame advantage), it can combo into some sweet stuff. I haven't made this consistent enough to really practice followups for, but I would welcome additions to this part of Fox's meta.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun May 10, 2015 9:49 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
The hitbox of Fox Illusion combos, so when you edge-cancel it (removing the risk and giving yourself even more of a frame advantage), it can combo into some sweet stuff. I haven't made this consistent enough to really practice followups for, but I would welcome additions to this part of Fox's meta.

I miss up and perform Illusion sometimes, but I am able to get some follow ups. So I do see what you are getting at.

What are the follow ups you mainly get?

Sun May 10, 2015 10:05 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: JayVoltage
Currently Playing: Rivals of Aether, Super Smasn Flash 2, Fate/Grand Order
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Oh damn! That sounds so temptingly stylish! It seems I'd be able to land a bair, reverser bair or up air for the kill after an edge cancelled illusion. And lately, I haven't missed any of my cancels but it's really annoying when you edge cancel the illusion but still in helpless animation :(. Kinda like how if you raptor boost to the ledge with falcon and space it right (or really wrong in this case) you enter that wiff raptor boost animation and helplessly fall to your death :xd:.

Mains: :link: :falco: :sonic:
Most recent video of some of my favourite online moments. Check it out! :]

YouTube Video:

Newly acquired Servant: Minamoto no Yorimitsu NEW!

Mon May 11, 2015 3:03 am
BR Member

Maybe you can even jump back on stage, Shine, and usmash! That would be the most stylish way to end a stock ever.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Mon May 11, 2015 12:00 pm

MGN Username: SickHakma
Currently Playing: Game
Do any of you guys know any Fox guides cus Im completely clueless. Because I REALLY want to main him.

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Sat May 16, 2015 1:02 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Airtaters wrote:
Do any of you guys know any Fox guides cus Im completely clueless. Because I REALLY want to main him.

I can help out a bit here. I have created 2 videos about Fox, but both of them are purely about various advanced techniques that he can do. They are also both outdated in terms of version (both are 0.9a I think), but most of the stuff in it is still applicable. Just make sure you watch them on a platform that allows annotations, otherwise you may miss some details.

YouTube Video:

YouTube Video:

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat May 16, 2015 3:16 pm

MGN Username: SickHakma
Currently Playing: Game
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Airtaters wrote:

I can help out a bit here. I have created 2 videos about Fox, but both of them are purely about various advanced techniques that he can do. They are also both outdated in terms of version (both are 0.9a I think), but most of the stuff in it is still applicable. Just make sure you watch them on a platform that allows annotations, otherwise you may miss some details.

YouTube Video:

YouTube Video:

THANKS SO MUCH HOLY NIPS

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Sat May 16, 2015 9:04 pm
BR Member

Just an update after some lab work with the Sliding Shine:

YouTube Video:

This technique is insane and I want to see more of it. It kills Puff from a jab reset at nearly any position regardless of platforms at 40%: jab reset -> dash back -> dash forward -> Shine -> jump and slide -> dair -> shine -> usmash. Dead.

A good Puff might be able to spam directional keys and get out, but a good Fox can follow Puff's DI and get the kill anyway. It is very good. Sadly, there are few moves that actually knock Puff down at that percent: bair, shield knockdown, uair (although this is unlikely to knock Puff down onto a platform where you can do this), etc.

You can also just do this straight out of a tech chase and kill at slightly higher percents.

Seriously: check this out. It is slightly difficult to do but not hard if you're used to double-shining or other Fox stuff, and it does tons of damage and kills very early.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Mon May 18, 2015 4:56 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Just an update after some lab work with the Sliding Shine:

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOydlDWml74 ]

This technique is insane and I want to see more of it. It kills Puff from a jab reset at nearly any position regardless of platforms at 40%: jab reset -> dash back -> dash forward -> Shine -> jump and slide -> dair -> shine -> usmash. Dead.

A good Puff might be able to spam directional keys and get out, but a good Fox can follow Puff's DI and get the kill anyway. It is very good. Sadly, there are few moves that actually knock Puff down at that percent: bair, shield knockdown, uair (although this is unlikely to knock Puff down onto a platform where you can do this), etc.

You can also just do this straight out of a tech chase and kill at slightly higher percents.

Seriously: check this out. It is slightly difficult to do but not hard if you're used to double-shining or other Fox stuff, and it does tons of damage and kills very early.

Nice, but don't title the video a new AT when it is not even new.

Mon May 18, 2015 6:07 pm
 [ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 38  Next