The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 3:35 am

[ 5 posts ] 
OLD STAGE DEPENDENT TECH IS INBOUND (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ 

MGN Username: searching...
Currently Playing: loading...
So I happened to be enjoying my afternoon, watching some YT vids, when I stumbled upon WRX Joe's YT clip showing the seemingly impossible of having invincibility frames remain on inevitably https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xsKehTdgu0. That got me extra excited, and I spent today labbing around the majority of my time in Training mode, trying to reenact that feat. Upon me doing so, I discovered numerous uses that it can be applied for, and almost finished exploiting all its nitty-gritty secrets. I took a break after, let my mind settle a bit, and then began practicing and perfecting its use in actual play. Then a few thoughts hit me. The only reason this works is because of two simple reasons; A) requires that a character has a skidding motion upon stopping & B) that the character has a charging ability with its b button. Sure enough, I began trying it out on characters like Jiggly Puff, Black-Mage, Mega-Man and Goku.....and it worked. It actually, legitimately worked. I'm not sure what this means for you all, but for me, this is the final trimester of 9b's MU. All 9b tier lists made prior to this exploit are going to be forgotten, buried, and dead. The reason for this is that having those invincibility frames that go on indefinitely means that all you need is a 1 stock lead on any opponent, and you've secured a win. There's nothing they can do about it except watch the clock tick out those very last seconds. Even when the stock remain the same, you can perform the exploit and have a 50/50 game, as the winner isn't determined by percentage lead, but by stocks instead. Even if a time-limit isn't set, you can wait out your opponent and force them to RQ after they realize their dire efforts are futile in the end. This will be the last show put out by 9b, and when its finally died down.....Beta will take its place. For now though, the only 3 stages I know this exploit works well in is Mirrors Chamber, Tower of Salvation, and Smashville. The characters that can hold an infinite are BMM, MM, BM, Jiggly-P and Goku. For the rest of the cast, the invincibility frames end after a charge/move is given. Don't get me wrong though, it's still is mighty useful without the infinite. An example of this would be a free, fully charged Pika Flash without the worry of somebody hitting you. Theoretically though, the whole cast can achieve the exploit. But in reality, some characters require TOO much perfection to achieve the exploit reliably. Such characters, like Link and Wario, will have to rely on their own moves and player experimentation instead of the usual dash and spot dodge.

Note: These exploits work better in Smashville than in Mirrors Chamber or Tower of Salvation. Some characters, like BMM, have multiple ways to achieve the invincible frames. The invincible frames work better with quick characters and fast fallers. I'd say this tech is 1.5 times harder to perform than Tails pseudo wave-dash. It takes a few hours to learn the dash, spot dodge, then b button reliably. You can possibly perform moves other than the b button. This is an advancement from the invincible rest-animation, falling spot-dodge tech. I've not yet experimented with the whole cast, so I may edit this list in a future time.

YouTube Video:

Last edited by LoganZ333999 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:03 am

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
Gg too bad that I'm 100% sure it's gonna be patched in Beta.
Also, Kirby, Yoshi, can beat it with their neutral b, Black Mage and Captain Falcon can beat it with their command grab. You should have said that and not make it look unbeatable.
You also forgot to put Sheik there and her side b.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:08 am

MGN Username: searching...
Currently Playing: loading...
I made this all in a few hours.... This will be just a place holder for the moment, and until I've completed all the characters, there will be inconsistencies in my sayings. Yes, this was a big waste of my day, but it was fun to do even though it's all vanity in the end. Most of this is just to show developers what is flawed about the game and to make online mode a lot more entertaining. Plus, it's a nice little reference page we can look back on in case people wanna install 9b and see how far Beta and the final release has gotten since then. Otherwise, nobody made anything about this topic really, so might as well get that cleared and out the way. It's also mildly entertaining to look at, so there's another plus.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:29 am
BR Member

The stalling aspects are not going to make much of a difference on account of them already being banned. This isn't to say that ECSD won't have its uses. DK's going to get a free charge punch, kirby/jiggs keep invincibility after jumping which is great but not abusable enough to fall under "excessive stalling" There's other possibilities, but we would have to see what happens. Keep experimenting, some of the characters up there have better options i think.

Remember that attacks keep invincibility until the animation ends, so some riskier attacks will become much harder to punish than they normally are, meaning you might be able to use some situational approach tactics that you couldn't otherwise, the effectiveness of which is of course character specific.

Oh and Goku can basically score a free KK with this. Either let him transform, or wait for him to time you out. Rip.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:11 am

MGN Username: Jadeneck
Currently Playing: SSF2 , Overwatch
You can do this on any platform, it's just harder on stationary platforms such as battlefield and dreamland.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:40 am
 [ 5 posts ]