The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:23 pm

[ 1132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 76  Next
Super Smash Brothers Crusade: !!!0.9.1 RELEASED!!! 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Why are you even in this topic with all that negativity lmfao.

It's all about smash bros. Nothing really more needs to be said about it.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Rarity wrote:
Not really negative. Isn't APEX an official smash convention or something? If so then official games should be there. Not fan games.

APEX is a smash convention on all things Smash Brothers. This doesn't mean that fan games can't be there.

Also, SSF2 and Smash Brothers Crusade has gained alot of reputation within the years of the smash brothers community so its very understanding that with the help of Alex Strife (APEX manager) that they would both appear in APEX.

Seriously, why do people like you always think that conventions are supposed to be only for official games? I think its really cool that they're bringing more variety by including these fan games that even got its reputation through the internet, could give Smash brother fans a new experience on their beloved franchise

I'm glad to see Crusade making it to APEX and like SSF2, we could see alot of exclusive content that the Crusade fans will definitely love!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Currently Playing: League of Legends, Killing Floor 2, Overwatch
Waifu: Cleod9
Michael M wrote:
Rarity wrote:
Not really negative. Isn't APEX an official smash convention or something? If so then official games should be there. Not fan games.

APEX is a smash convention on all things Smash Brothers. This doesn't mean that fan games can't be there.

Seriously, why do people like you always think that conventions are supposed to be only for official games? I think its really cool that they're bringing more variety by including these fan gamesthat even got its reputation through the internet, could give Smash brother fans a new experience on their beloved franchise

Good for you? I do not attend video game conventions because I am not a f*****. I think Crusade is a good game but good enough for an Official Convention. No. The character sprites honestly upset me. They do not match each other or the stages. It looks like they just looked on the internet for sprites and slapped them together. Which is what they did.

This may be a good game for the "competitive" players but what about those who aren't very competitive? Those who might want to enjoy art. I'm not one of those people but still. Sloppy in my opinion.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Currently Playing: SSB Crusade and SSF2
You don't play game's like Crusade for the 'art'. You play them for the love of the game and for trying the new things it has to offer to the Smash fandom. Same with SSF2 (who's art is obviously better because Damian).

Now will you please stop insulting people and their games and get back to your ponies kthnx.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:26 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
Giga knows what's up.

Except crediting all of SSF2's artistic success to damian lol.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:27 pm

MGN Username: Detta
Waifu: Zinnia
If you don't like our game why the crap are you even in our topic lol

if i hated ssf2 i wouldn't go outside of this topic on mg (except maybe to my art topic)

Also, graphics do not make the game. Go play Cave Story and tell the internet you hate it because the graphics are bad. Let's see what happens.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:16 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: sports
The graphics are amazing in cave story lol

But yes your point still stands.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:21 pm

MGN Username: Detta
Waifu: Zinnia
Quiet Frank wrote:
The graphics are amazing in cave story lol

But yes your point still stands.

Alright, better example. Go play Pokemon Green.
The gameplay is 100% identical to Red (save for the version exclusive pokemon) but the Pokemon sprites are much worse. This doesn't automatically make Pokemon Green a terrible game.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Rarity wrote:
Michael M wrote:
Rarity wrote:

Seriously, why do people like you always think that conventions are supposed to be only for official games? I think its really cool that they're bringing more variety by including these fan gamesthat even got its reputation through the internet, could give Smash brother fans a new experience on their beloved franchise

Good for you? I do not attend video game conventions because I am not a f*****. I think Crusade is a good game but good enough for an Official Convention. No. The character sprites honestly upset me. They do not match each other or the stages. It looks like they just looked on the internet for sprites and slapped them together. Which is what they did.

This may be a good game for the "competitive" players but what about those who aren't very competitive? Those who might want to enjoy art. I'm not one of those people but still. Sloppy in my opinion.

So you're judging SSBC "sloppy" because of its graphics? I can clearly see why you locked your CAMEO game topic then...

You don't need to make gorgeous graphics to make a good game. Like Dettadeus said, look at games like cave story and pokemon green. They don't have super gorgeous graphics but they play as good games.

And again, if you have followed the project crusade forum (Of course you don't. You just like to talk garbage constantly), they're respriting characters to fit the style of each one now.

Idk where you come up with such statements to call Crusade or SSF2 garbage because of its upcoming appearance at APEX but on the majority of smash players that seem to have interest in them, its better than nothing. Not trying to backseat mod on this one but on some terms, you just need to shut up because theres those who have appreciation on crusade coming to APEX and those like you who want to bag on it because you have nothing else to do on this forum other than to insult it

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:24 pm

You're a funny kid. I never once said either of them were bad games and I locked the Cameo topic because I was tired of having to live up to your standards and we decided it'd be best to lock it during its reform.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:18 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
Rarity wrote:
You're a funny kid. I never once said either of them were bad games and I locked the Cameo topic because I was tired of having to live up to your standards and we decided it'd be best to lock it during its reform.

Somebody seems jealous.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:19 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
That's enough.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:05 pm

King Arthur wrote:
Rarity wrote:

Somebody seems jealous.

Jealous of?

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:44 pm

@ Rarity:

Its supposed to be on my standards? It's your game. I only tried to help give suggestions and tips to building your game so you can actually get it done with. That's rude of you trying to blame me for your actions on the game that you've been working on for a year now.

Now can we all shut up on arguing and just discuss something else upon SSB crusade please?

Anyways.. Small question but: is the beginning stage 64 unlockable in crusade v0.8.4? If so, place on spoilers how I unlock it please :D

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:31 pm

MGN Username: Equinox
Currently Playing: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
No, it's not unlockable. You're just missing the file for it.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22110159 ... _Files.rar

To put it in the right place...

Full Download (or whatever folder everything for Crusade is in) --> Menu --> Stage Preview. Once you put the file there, I believe it'll appear.

Oh, for anyone that hasn't gotten v0.8.4 yet...

http://www.mediafire.com/?f1p96771ghj2shx

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:41 pm
 [ 1132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 76  Next