The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:30 am

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Hello, I'm Sorabotics, AMA! 
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Hey everyone, I'm Sorabotics, prominent SSF2 Peach player and Fox/Goku secondary. After seeing Suli do an AMA, I thought it would be fun to have an AMA of my own! I always see these come up on the smashbros reddit, but I think its better to do it here. The questions do not have to be related to SSF2 necessarily, so fire away! :D

Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:16 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
How's the return to SSF2 after a ton of Melee?

Who's your main in Melee? I've seen your VOD of Falco (would be cool to see another Falco boi)

Also, speaking of Falco, if SSF2 ever got him, would you rather have Melee or Brawl Falco? I feel like Brawl Falco is his best iteration and if he got a bit of a running speed buff and a bit more kill potential, he could fit pretty well in the SSF2 cast.

And one last question, have you seen my new youtube videos? Would love to get feedback from you, in particular, the most recent two.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:44 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
What's your view on Peach/Sora?

Also, how are you? :)

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:58 am
BR Member

SoF | Suli Hyuga wrote:
How's the return to SSF2 after a ton of Melee?

Who's your main in Melee? I've seen your VOD of Falco (would be cool to see another Falco boi)

Also, speaking of Falco, if SSF2 ever got him, would you rather have Melee or Brawl Falco? I feel like Brawl Falco is his best iteration and if he got a bit of a running speed buff and a bit more kill potential, he could fit pretty well in the SSF2 cast.

And one last question, have you seen my new youtube videos? Would love to get feedback from you, in particular, the most recent two.

Its been great! Lots of people have wanted to play me, which actually took me by surprise! And three days into coming back, I made my most popular video to date: How to Truly End a Goku Ditto, which was awesome! I've gotten a lot better in melee, got 5th at a local with my boi falco, and I think spending some time with melee improved my SSF2 skill.

I'm a PPMD wannabe, so I'm a Marth/Falco dual main lol.

I would personally prefer his melee iteration, I feel like he would need pillar combos to survive if they kept his recovery the same. He could have a good dash dance game with nair and dair, and space out opponents with bair and lasers. I haven't played too much brawl, so I'm not super familiar with brawl falco meta.

I'm subscribed to your channel, but I haven't had the chance to check out your vids recently. Just noticed you have two different channels, which one has the most recent two that you want feedback on? Always like to see a fellow SSF2 Youtuber :)

DSwift wrote:
What's your view on Peach/Sora?

Also, how are you? :)

I think Peach wins the MU. Sora has some good priority moves that can keep Peach out (Dtilt, pivot Fsmash, Up-Smash when Peach is coming down), but I think Peach wins the neutral game in the air and definitely the edgeguarding game. U-spec is pretty easy to intercept from below with Nair, turnips, or the top of Fair, and Peach's Nair lasts so long that its super easy to intercept sora's S-spec. With minimal lag, its pretty easy to intercept it with a Fair and get an early kill. Sora's floatiness makes it easy for Peach to get a kill and Peach's float and recovery mixups makes it difficult for Sora to use thunder or other edgeguarding options (Peach can use toad to counter it too). If I had to give a ratio, I'd say 60-40 in Peach's favor.

I'm doing good, thanks for asking! :) Had a bit of a rough semester academically last semester, but my birthday is this month, Genesis is this month, so I'm staying positive for now!

Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:49 pm

Hey Sorab! Would you consider doing a Peach MU chart?

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:57 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Hi Sora, where would you put Peach on the tier list? No not Beta Peach, she's top tier

Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:02 pm

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
Who would have thought I could make you popular? :3 That was a great match, btw.

What are your thoughts on Goku vs Peach MU?

I am recently trying to learn how to beat Peach as Goku without too much suffering. Only thing that holds me back are turnips. I know how to deal with turnips (spotdodge or airdodge and catch the turnip) but it doesn't always work like that. If your opponent is a good Peach player you have to find another strategy.

Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:18 pm
BR Member

Cruisin wrote:
Hey Sorab! Would you consider doing a Peach MU chart?

Yes, and I did for a while! But people stopped commenting on it, so I stopped short I think....if you want I can finish it up! Here's the link for what I had so far :D https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t2f ... sp=sharing

ShadowMario2600 wrote:
Hi Sora, where would you put Peach on the tier list? No not Beta Peach, she's top tier

Personally, I think she's a bit higher than where she is now (I should not be considered a low tier hero lmao). Without going into too much depth, I believe her aerial dominance, extensive edgeguarding ability and amazing recovery would grant her low B tier at the least, mid-ish B tier at the highest (and by low B tier, I mean B- tier and mid B tier as just B tier). She definitely has several downfalls that prevent her from being higher, but I believe she possesses the tools to be a mid tier or at least not a low tier. If you want a specific placement on the current BR list, lmk!

RagingThunder wrote:
Who would have thought I could make you popular? :3 That was a great match, btw.

What are your thoughts on Goku vs Peach MU?

I am recently trying to learn how to beat Peach as Goku without too much suffering. Only thing that holds me back are turnips. I know how to deal with turnips (spotdodge or airdodge and catch the turnip) but it doesn't always work like that. If your opponent is a good Peach player you have to find another strategy.

Lol definitely, ggs!

I think Peach wins the MU vs Goku pretty easily. This is a MU that I have had personally mastered for a while now. In short, Peach's Nair wins the match for her. Nair goes through Ki blasts, and her float speed allows her to approach through the Ki blasts. Nair outprioritizes Goku's aerials, even Dair sometimes. He's also the perfect combo weight for Peach, allowing her to chain multiple Nairs into each other while goku is still in hitstun. His recovery is also primarily horizontal, which is how Peach most effectively edgeguards with her float. The only thing that has really given me trouble (partly due to lack of experience) is Goku's KK. This can quickly eliminate a Peach stock and Peach can sometimes have a hard time escaping for long enough. Practice getting some KK setups and ask MrWaiss on advice for that, his goku has probably come the closest to beating me on a consistent basis with no lag. (Oh, and for a ratio, I'd say 65:35 in Peach's favor).

Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:32 pm
BR Member

Suli Hyuga | SSF2 Content! is the name of the channel I'd like feedback on. Link is in my sig :)

My twitter!

Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:35 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
How did you end up playing Peach?

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:44 am

Can you elaborate on peach vs lloyd as 80-20 in peach's favor?

Main: Maindentity crisis
Secondaries: :fox: (might pick up as main) :link:
Pockets: :goku: (might pick up as main) :lloyd: :megaman: :marth: :ichigo:
For Fun: :falco: :captainfalcon: :peach: :gameandwatch: :jigglypuff:

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:36 am

will you 1v1 me!???? :!: :?: :!: :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :sonic: :sonic: :isaac: :blackmage: :bowser:

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:39 am
BR Member

TSF|Skailler wrote:
How did you end up playing Peach?

Great question! People are always more focused on why I don't play Sora lmaoo :P

So probably back in 0.8b, I was maining Lloyd and Tails at the time. Since we could only play the CPUs, playing Lloyd got kinda stale, and when I played my friends locally with Tails, none of my combos worked and I couldn't do my AT on a controller. I was just getting into competitive melee and I was in awe at how good Armada was with Peach, so I decided something along the lines of "Hey, I think I'm good at this game, I think I can be just as good with Peach in SSF2 as Armada is in Melee!". After doing intense training over a summer by 14 stocking fast falling CPUs in 15 stock games and seeing good early results when online came out, I knew that Peach was my main to stay :)

Helios wrote:
Can you elaborate on peach vs lloyd as 80-20 in peach's favor?

Sure. So, at standard level, I think this MU is a little closer together (like 70:30 give or take 5), but I believe at the highest level, there is barely anything Peach can do against Lloyd. Lloyd's Fair beats Peach's Fair since its less laggy, Lloyd Up-Air is good at keeping Peach from coming down, and Lloyd's U-tilt is insanely good at keeping Peach away in neutral by blocking her Nair approaches. Lloyd's Nair and Fair batter away turnips, which kinda ruins her projectile game, and his Up-spec>aerial combo game has too much speed for Peach to intercept oftentimes. Peach also has an extremely hard time edgeguarding Lloyd since Nair and Fair usually send Lloyd high (with good DI). The only way to intercept Lloyd's Dair recovery is to get behind him, and then chase and hit him, which is super hard since Peach has a horrible dash speed. So if Lloyd uses Dair, he basically gets a free recovery and if he hits you he gets a free whatever (grab, Nair, followup). And in general, Lloyd just plain outranges Peach in the aerial neutral game, which is Peach's strongest part of her game. In short, Lloyd can make mistakes and probably not get punished and Peach has to play perfectly in order to have a chance at winning, and not making mistakes with Peach ever against such a ranged character is very, very hard.

Paperplate master wrote:
will you 1v1 me!???? :!: :?: :!: :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :sonic: :sonic: :isaac: :blackmage: :bowser:

Sure! Just PM whenever you're available to play :D

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:23 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Why is there still a tW in your name.

Not a question, a statement.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:18 pm
YIM WWW
BR Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why

My twitter!

Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:48 pm
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next