The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:01 am

[ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
SSF2 Strategies 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Use this topic to discuss anything you use regarding specific character techniques and strategies.

------------------------------------------
tier list information: show
The most basic explanation is that under tournament settings (things like 4-stock, 8 minute timer, no items, legal stages), a character higher on the tier list is more likely to win a tournament than a character lower on the tier list.
Here's an example for Brawl: Meta Knight is the top of the tier list; he's actually in his own separated tier because he's just that much better than the characters directly below him (Olimar, Diddy, Ice Climbers, etc). And you know what happened at the most recent international tournament, APEX 2012? 1st place: Meta Knight. Second place: Olimar. Third place: Meta Knight. Fourth place: Pikachu/Ice Climbers. All of these characters except for Pikachu are currently in the top 4 of the entire cast, and Pikachu is 8th and ESAM is just ridiculously good. Doubles? The Grand Finals match was two teams of two Meta Knights each.
Same tournament but Melee: All the top-placing players were using characters from Fox through Captain Falcon on the tier list, as I recall. The only reason Young Link won was because Armada pulled him out for one set after playing Peach the entire rest of the tournament because YLink is considered a low-tier counter to Jigglypuff.

back room information: show
I would like to announce the opening of the Smash Flash Back Room. Like the Back Room groups for the official smash games, the Smash Flash Back Room will consist of a number of highly skilled players discussing the competitive aspects of SSF2: advanced techniques, stage legality, technique legality, and tier lists, among other things. This separate forum will have separate forum topics for separate discussions for increased clarity and efficiency. Also, it is essential this project that the discussions and results are held to the highest standard of quality possible. To this end, in order to become a member of the Back Room, you will have to prove that you are an intelligent, knowledgeable player through a brief application process. Things like experience in official Smash titles (especially tournament experience), ability to communicate opinions, and overall knowledge of SSF2 are all plusses in this process. If you would be interested in applying to become a member of this new project, you can go to http://smashflashbackroom.englishboards.com/forum.htm and fill out an application. Some personal invitations have already been sent out through PM; however, if you didn't get one that doesn't mean you won't get in: it just means I probably missed you when I was sending out my PMs. Good luck everyone!

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:25 am

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 on weekends. That's pretty much all I have time for right now.
I'll break the wine bottle, so to speak :D

Naruto is one of the characters who has been kept basically the same since 9a, which is great because I thought he was really good/balanced in the first place. Using Up-Spec to setup clones on the ground is a great thing to do for combo setups. Usually if you just keep the camera away from the clone, your opponent may forget where you placed it and end up running into it, allowing for an easy punish. Dash attack is a great combo starter (or sh nair) followed with a few uptilts thrown in, then just get creative! Forward throw doesn't chain as much as it did in 9a, but with fast fallers such as Fox you may be able to get a couple or few in.

There's my 2 cents. I hope to see this thread really active and i'm hype that we finally have thread dedicated to competitive play outside of the backroom =)

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:03 am
YIM WWW

I never really played ssf2 that long but is it possible to play with a keyboard.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:47 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
KingDozie wrote:
I never really played ssf2 that long but is it possible to play with a keyboard.

Of course it's possible. Most people don't consider it ideal, though, for the same reason hardly anybody used the Wii Remote in Brawl/Project M; no analog movement and fewer input options.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:58 am

MGN Username: SuperEpicNinjaSwag
Currently Playing: SSF2
Who do you guys think will hold the crown of being number one on the tier list this demo? I think it would be Zero Suit Samus, but Link is also very good!

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:18 pm

Currently Playing: L4D2, SSF2
Shouldn't this thread be posted on the SSF2 Discussion main forum ? With SSF2 General Discussion and all the others SSF2 disuccions boards.
Discussing Strategies is basically talking about the game, it's not really a community project is it ?

No DI - A SSF2 v0.9a Combo Video :
YouTube Video:

FALCON...PUUUUNCH

MGN username : Shady75

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:06 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
Shady75 wrote:
Shouldn't this thread be posted on the SSF2 Discussion main forum ? With SSF2 General Discussion and all the others SSF2 disuccions boards.
Discussing Strategies is basically talking about the game, it's not really a community project is it ?

yea, I agree with what you're saying
+1

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Why is that when im roaming the game's menu its fine but when im in a match it feels kind of laggy to me. Do you guys have any solutions?

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:23 pm

MGN Username: Rossuizan
YouTube Video:

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:42 pm

Does anyone have tips of increasing my speed for this game because it seems to lag for me.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:10 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
- Change to low quality in settings
- Close other applications
- Do NOT resize the gameplay window, use CTRL+F if you need fullscreen
- Change to hardware rendering in settings
- Upgrade ur computer :/

Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:24 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, ZMR, PM
Moved from Videos section

Ichigo's pseudo wavedash tutorial. (Controller + Xpadder recommended) *Discovered by RaulBM*

Just like Tails and Peach, Ichigo has a pseudo wave dash. But with much more utility!
How it looks: http://www.gfycat.com/LinedYawningIlsamochadegu#
To perform Ichigo's pseudo wavedash do a forward air right before you hit the ground. It'll send you forward and you'll keep your momentum to do whatever you want afterward. Grab, up air, smash, anything!

You can even use it for a speedy ledge recovery! http://www.gfycat.com/FirmDishonestCommongonolek
Use it to catch up with enemies that you would normally not be able to combo. http://www.gfycat.com/GlossyWildHairstreakbutterfly

For the more advanced (EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. REALLY I COULD ONLY DO IT ONCE ON CAMERA.) but quicker dash, shorthop-fair-fair. It's may give you that extra boost that'll mean a win or a loss. http://www.gfycat.com/NippyCrispBlackrussianterrier

Pretty neat, huh?

Face me in the arena!
ImageImageImage

Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:06 pm

Waifu: Shiori Tsukada
Saikyoshi wrote:
KingDozie wrote:

Of course it's possible. Most people don't consider it ideal, though, for the same reason hardly anybody used the Wii Remote in Brawl/Project M; no analog movement and fewer input options.
I actually disagree with this comment.

Though I'm in no position to speak about those who do use controllers, using keyboard in this game does not put you in any significant disadvantage as it would in Brawl/Project M, mainly because this game was designed around keyboard functions.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:15 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Dragon Ball Xenoverse SSB4
Whenever I watch professionals play this game I notice how bad I am at it. My strategy is to Meteor Smash xD.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:03 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Red wrote:
Saikyoshi wrote:
KingDozie wrote:

I actually disagree with this comment.

Though I'm in no position to speak about those who do use controllers, using keyboard in this game does not put you in any significant disadvantage as it would in Brawl/Project M, mainly because this game was designed around keyboard functions.

As a supplement to the argument FOR keyboards, multishining is WAY easier to do in this game. Keyboard's aren't the standard for smash, but its kind of like using a fight stick or when people use a claw style to hold their controller.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:42 pm
 [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next