The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:30 pm

[ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Battle For MG: Flash Riot - Development Thread 

Location: Ubicación: Vous êtes ici: 地点:場所:Lage: Località: Localização:
Currently Playing: None
Double Post/Bump/Newsflash.

I've come up with a new concept: Using Flash!

So, pretty much, in the Actual World, you can go onto your computer and, if you have Adobe Flash, you can use it to create Flash projects, which you can end at anytime. The longer you spend on the project, the better it comes. You will then have a Flash in your computer, usually named after a character of some sort, be it from another Flash, a videogame, a person in this RPG, or even another player! Sometimes there will be sprite sheets around you must have before you can make certain characters, and yes, you can choose which character you wan to work on before you start. Sadly, you can only work on one project at a time and you can only have oh so many Flashes with you to avoid Flash spamming.

Later, when you enter the World Wide Web, you will now have that Flash in your "inventory!" However, you can't use it yet; it isn't submitted anywhere. You must go to a Flash Portal "e.g. Newgrounds" to submit it to it. You can only have a Flash submitted to one Flash Portal at a time, and usually the Flash Portal you submit it to may cause certain effect to happen.

OK, you've submitted a Flash. Now say you're wandering around Newgrounds for the heck of it, and then all of a sudden you're challenged to a fight. If you know your normal fighting skills don't have a chance, you can use your Flash! Now, you already know Flashes will be named after a character. Once you use it, that characer bacomes an "assistant!"

These Flash characters can use their many techniques on an enemy just like their normal selves would. Careful, they have "bits," the "health" used in the World Wide Web, just as you do. Don't worry; you can take your Flash characters back anytime you want, and when Flash characters aren't assisting you, they will recover their bytes fairly quickly.

I should warn you; if a Flash character loses all of its bytes, it will be deleted, and they'll be unable to be used until you revive it at the Flash Portal you subbmitted it at. You can only revive a Flash oh so many times, however, but luckily, you'll recover the amount of times you can revive a Flash; this recovery time, unfortunetly, is rather slow.

Your Flashes will not be afffected at all when you are in the Actual World.

You can delete a flash at your computer in the Actual World or at any Flash Portal in th World Wide Web.

Other than that, I've still got some development to do.

-(|jasonguy299|)-

EDITS: Replaced defeated with deleted, replaced bytes with bits, deleted part about Flash characters losing bits over time.

Last edited by JasonGuy299 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:53 pm

Waifu: I'm married
How about explaining the actual "battle" system, instead of explaining random gameplay elements?

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:13 pm
YIM WWW

..Please. Just stop this. It pains me.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 pm

Battle system is stil under work. I just thought of the Flash part to give a small peek at the battle system.

I can tell you that the way battles work will be somewhat different in the two worlds.

EDIT: What doesn't kill you just makes you stronger, Kyzak. Hopefully you've had a good, painful experience today. Thatll be $43634672627389627390862602893678957689028598.

Last edited by JasonGuy299 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:27 am

Currently Playing: Sitting down and playing video games is for chumps.
Perhaps since the real world isn't governed by stats,

Actual World fights can be governed by text type fights, like most of the RP's we already have here, and

World Wide Web fights can have stats and stuff, like a video game.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Yeah, nice idea, ferailo9. I'll take that.

Now to think of the stats!
YAY THE FUN NOOBY PART! :wee:

Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:34 pm

Dear lord, why is this topic not gone yet?

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:52 pm

Currently Playing: Sitting down and playing video games is for chumps.
Because it's not a vote that decides whether or not something survives. It's whether or not there is enough effort (or skill) to keep it alive.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:54 pm

ferailo9 wrote:
Because it's not a vote that decides whether or not something survives. It's whether or not there is enough effort (or skill) to keep it alive.

Well, we know that there isn't enough skill, so I am re-asking the question. Why is this topic still here?

Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:08 pm

K! Got it!

In the Actual World, all fights will be normal RPG fights you see around in the RPG section. All NPCs will act from a human IQ. Which will be mine or another player I assign.

Then we get to the World Wide Web! Awesome!

These battles still act like Actual World fights, but with the stats. Some NPCs, especially Flash characters (Abbreviated FC from now on) will run on programs, and may act a little less human and more like videogame RPG characters. (e.g. Pico, Sonic, Flash Nini) Only I can act out what they do.

That brings me to the stats.

There are 5 character stats; Memory, Tech, 1337nzz, AntiVirus, and Spy.
Memory: This determines your max bits. Bits represent health/stanima/well, yeah. Uses to do Commands, which represent Spells/Skills/duh.
Tech: This determines your max Energy. Erergy represents magic/mana/you get the point.
1337nzz represents Atttack or Strength. Some attacks will use this to add to their damaging effects.
AntiVirus represents Defence. Determines how much damage you can negate.
Spy represents Evasion. The higher it is, the more likely an enemy's attack will miss or mess up.

There are also 3 attack stats; Pwnage, Success, and Element.
Pwnage is the attack's "Power," Usually it combines with the 1337nzz stat to determine the damage of an attack. Unfortunetly the AnitVirus stat can cancel out some of the damage.
Success is the attack's "Accuacy" It determines how likely the attack will hit. Unfortunetly, it's more likely to miss or mess up if the target's Spy stat is high.
Type is a little complicated; Most characters are weak to 2 elements and strong against 2 elements; the elements are, Earth, Water, Ice, Thunder, Fire, Wind, Dark, and Holy. If the attack's element an element the target is weak against, the damage is raised! Vice versa with elements the character is strong agains, however.

Weapons also have these attack stats; it's just when fighting with only your weapon will these stats apply.

All person-controlled characters (players, person NPCs) can dodge. It's just that their Spy stat can raise the chance you'll mess up your attack.

Some attack can inflict status effects, such as, Lagging, which unallows the victim to move or do anything, and Infected, which causes the vistim's bits to go down slowly.

So, that's it.
Oh yeah, and PLRT? Skill is evident in more ways than you think, such as determination.

-(|jasonguy299|)-

EDIT: Replaced the word Hax0rz (might as well cover your eyes again in pain, LOL) with Energy and other changes.

Last edited by JasonGuy299 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Oh god I looked at the middle of that post without eye protection on

My eyes are charred oh god oh god

Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:37 am

Kyzak wrote:

Dammit, I looked at the middle to see what the fuss was about, and even with eye protection I'm severely scarred.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:13 am

Location: I'm somewhere. Someplace. That you know NOTHING of.
Kyzak wrote:

I wear glasses, so I'm ok. Jason, please edit that post in english! I can't understand it!

Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:05 pm

PLRTNAWOEP wrote:
Kyzak wrote:

Dammit, I looked at the middle to see what the fuss was about, and even with eye protection I'm severely scarred.

I was wearing condoms so I'm okay.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:37 pm

xnejihatakex19 wrote:
PLRTNAWOEP wrote:
Kyzak wrote:

I was wearing condoms so I'm okay.

You put condoms on your eyes?

Holy s***.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:43 pm
 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next