The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:33 pm

Forum rules

Anyone is free to post new topics here now. However please limit yourself to 3 maximum posts of your own per month, and absolutely NO debate topics!

Also please be mindful of what articles others post and try to show some variety. Posting multiple articles that are too similar could disinterest people from your topic.

[ 1 post ] 
Dev Blog Update FINAL - Wrap Up 
Site Admin

Cleod here with the final update for the SSF2 Dev Blog!

We've already seen a lot of awesome inside information on the production of v0.8 courtesy of Geno, Tid, TSON, and Void. But we have yet to see any of the new content from the game. So for this final update we will be revealing a piece of content from v0.8!

But before we get to that, let me just say that this game would be utterly impossible without the help of our brilliant Dev Team members. I urge you to visit and admire the list to see the names of those who bring you SSF2 as it stands today:

memberlist.php?mode=group&g=11

Every day the Devs have been working hard alongside their already busy lives to sprites, animate, program, and adjust characters to perfection. I am grateful to have such a team of dedicated and talented individuals willing to volunteer their time to help out with the game. Not to mention balancers have been given increased freedom as well, and without them the game wouldn't be nearly as fine-tuned. They all definitely deserve a round of applause, and it doesn't hurt to send a Dev or Balancer a quick thank you message to let them know you appreciate they work they do. I've spent a lot of time for v0.8 considering all of their suggestions and requests to improve the game beyond what was originally planned for v0.8. That's why I know this upcoming demo will be a huge success! :)

Now let's get to it - I don't want to spoil the surprise, so I'll let the video do all the talking:

YouTube Video:

>This video contains content of a demo in development, and that anything you see here is subject to change<

This video is just a small taste of v08., so let me assure you there is plenty more you have yet to see :twisted:

------------------------------

Release Date for v0.8?

Now it's time to discuss the release date for v0.8. Many of you have been very anxious to play the latest version of the game. Despite the busy school year for many of the Balancers/Devs and I, we are getting closer and closer to the completion of v0.8. We still need extra time to make the game as fun and bug-free as possible.

That being said, the current release date for v0.8 is scheduled as follows:

12/25/11

That's right, this holiday season! I know it's been a year since the last update, but this update contains the most engine fine-tuning yet, so if you all can be patient for just a little while longer it will be worth the wait.

But just because this is the end of Dev Blog posts doesn't mean that's all the information you'll be getting on v0.8. Remember to check back on the site regularly for more info! ;)

Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:46 pm
 [ 1 post ]