The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:39 am

[ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 30  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia IV [Layton] 

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
Panthera leo wrote:
crabbyman66 wrote:
That would be me then. That's one of the main reasons I wanted to wait for the next day and nl. I would be able to have accurate info on at least one person. Armed with the results of my investigation, and the actions of individuals during day 1 and night 1, we would be very likely to lynch mafia on day 2.

I don't like this. Why would you claim a role without telling us the Layton name? Right now it seems that you're trying to fakeclaim but forgot that we're playing with a theme. Now I'll ask you. What is the name of your role?

I wasn't aware that one would need to name a Layton character to be viewed as credible.

Granny Riddleton, town reminder is my character. Although I am a type of investigator, the information I receive is most likely different from what Genis receives. It shouldn't be too surprising for there to be more than one investigative roles.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:58 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
My connection with BelieveBlood is similar to Masons.

Yayquestions:
1: Not much. The only one I've played besides this one was the last one.
2: I liked being Mafia, but third-party sounds cool and I'm glad I got to be town this time. I dun really know.
3: Jester sounds like a good deal of fun, also Serial Killer and Vigilante.

@Master: I was trying using the same strategy last game, which is part of the reason I picked it up.

@WhoeveritwasthataccusedmeofteamingupwithBrikIdon'tremember: I'm suspicious of Brik, not siding with him.

crabbyman66 wrote:
That would be me then. That's one of the main reasons I wanted to wait for the next day and nl. I would be able to have accurate info on at least one person. Armed with the results of my investigation, and the actions of individuals during day 1 and night 1, we would be very likely to lynch mafia on day 2.

Oh MAN Crabby, you're going to have to do better than that. I've been getting a scum vibe from you since your first post.
Part of that is just instinct, a whole lot of it is because I thought in much the same way when I was Mafia,
and a tiny bit of it is because you even said you wanted to be Mafia around three months ago. You could have easily requested this from Unknown.
Anywho, you claimed much too easily right there. A sneaky Mafia would have been slightly reluctant to reveal his role so early.
Instead, you immediatly jumped on the opportunity to look innocent, and you forgot a couple things in the proccess.
I suspect that you're Don Paolo. Why would you have repeated your point after being ignored? Because it was important to get it across, is why.
By pointing out something like that, you make it seem that you're the one trying to work to find the bad guys and someone else is the villain.
Well played, Sir. Well Played. Vote: Crabbyman66

Oh, yes, I was thinking this before I read everyone else's thoughts on his post.

Edit: Ninja'd by Crabby. My point still stands.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:05 pm

Panthera leo wrote:
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Brik: He looks as clean as a washed and waxed whistle, and he's making fantastic arguments,
but what he's not doing, however, is taking action. Fine paragraphs of logic, I will give him that.
You might notice though, that he almost never accuses or votes after his long-drawn-out thoughts.
He's waiting for someone to understand and agree with him and vote in favor of his logic, in order
to not look suspicious for doing it first, and then he will take action, but not before.

If he's so in favor of not lynching, then I would like to know why he hasn't voted that yet.

Yes. I didn't even notice that, but yes. There is the point that makes Brikmaethor shine so brightly. I have loved that strategy so much, could never pull it off myself, but always got caught with it. It's easy to see how an intellectual poster like Brikmaethor could sway the entire town, just as quickly as Gold could. I've still got my sights on Gold, but for now, I'm voting Brikmaethor.

Yes he is quite good at this game isn't he? I'm not jumping on the bandwagon yet though because he has voted for gold after his long thoughts so I barely consider that suspicious and therefore that reasoning holds no water.
Who looks pretty suspicious though is crabby. I kinda doubt there is more then one investigation role(of course I could be wrong) in this mafia game genis not only explained that HE was the cop but he also said the name of the characters. Mafia can sometimes not tell the role of a player because of them only knowing the characters name.
So I Vote:crabbyman66
Put this with the fact that brikmeator also asked the investigation role to reveal themselves for the protection role to defend him/her RIGHT before crabbyman66 claimed and you can see something suspicious in these two.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:07 pm

Damn ninja'd!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:07 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
@WhoeveritwasthataccusedmeofteamingupwithBrikIdon'tremember: I'm suspicious of Brik, not siding with him.

Sorry. I must have read the information wrong.
Believeblood wrote:
Panthera leo wrote:
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Brik: He looks as clean as a washed and waxed whistle, and he's making fantastic arguments,
but what he's not doing, however, is taking action. Fine paragraphs of logic, I will give him that.
You might notice though, that he almost never accuses or votes after his long-drawn-out thoughts.
He's waiting for someone to understand and agree with him and vote in favor of his logic, in order
to not look suspicious for doing it first, and then he will take action, but not before.

If he's so in favor of not lynching, then I would like to know why he hasn't voted that yet.

Yes. I didn't even notice that, but yes. There is the point that makes Brikmaethor shine so brightly. I have loved that strategy so much, could never pull it off myself, but always got caught with it. It's easy to see how an intellectual poster like Brikmaethor could sway the entire town, just as quickly as Gold could. I've still got my sights on Gold, but for now, I'm voting Brikmaethor.

Yes he is quite good at this game isn't he? I'm not jumping on the bandwagon yet though because he has voted for gold after his long thoughts so I barely consider that suspicious and therefore that reasoning holds no water.
Who looks pretty suspicious though is crabby. I kinda doubt there is more then one investigation role(of course I could be wrong) in this mafia game genis not only explained that HE was the cop but he also said the name of the characters. Mafia can sometimes not tell the role of a player because of them only knowing the characters name.
So I Vote:crabbyman66
Put this with the fact that brikmeator also asked the investigation role to reveal themselves for the protection role to defend him/her RIGHT before crabbyman66 claimed and you can see something suspicious in these two.

Brik and Crabby couldn't have planned this, as PMing outside Mafia and during Day is illegal. And I don't think Brik could have known Crabby would claim.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:26 pm

MGN Username: Pach
I don't think Crabby ever planned on claimin either. My vote right now, goes to Crabby (will post reasons later)

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Okay, now I'll post my thoughts on everyone...

crabbyman66: He hasn't really done too much for me to form an opinion about him. I think that it is a good idea to figure out what the mafia roles are, and a no lynch seems like a good idea because a random lynch would almost definitely hurt the town.

Pachino: To me he almost seems indecisive with him constantly changing his vote, but I don't suspect him because his reasoning has always been just fine. I'm curious to see his reasons for voting crabby...

DJ Wizard Cop: He's been pretty inactive, but what he has posted seems fine to me, besides when he stated that his role tells him that Believeblood is innocent, but it easily could have been a typo, and if it wasn't he could still have a good reason for it. Also, he brought up a good point about Brik and him never acting on what he says.

Fly or Die: He doesn't really stand out to me for anything he's done.

Brikmaethor: Brik seems innocent, and all of his reasoning is completely sound, but I still suspect him because he has shown in past mafia games that he is able to do this even when he's mafia.

Panthera Leo: I agree with him about needing an explanation for crabby's role claim, and also about Brik and Gold.

Believeblood: He is acting pretty scummy, but looking at his previous posts, (from other mafia games) I would just assume that it's how he normally acts.

Tid: He's seemed to be fairly inactive, (compared to many of the other players, obviously he has posted much more than me) but he hasn't really done anything to make him stand out to me.

Gold: Gold worries me. He always posts good arguments for the townies and seems to be able to sway the entire town his way, even when he's mafia. He's done this very well before (particularly in McleodGaming Mafia 2)

Genis: He is a good mafia player, but he is pretty inexperienced, (says the one who's never played mafia before) and to me it doesn't seem like a good idea for him to have revealed his role so soon, especially when he's the investigative role.

DarkWolf93: With only two posts in the topic, and none after the game started, I can't really say too much about him.

Seeing how no one is acting too suspicious and I don't think it is worth it to take a chance voting for anyone when there is a chance we'll lose a valuable townie, my vote is No Lynch.

I think that's it...

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
Guys, Granny Riddleton isn't exactly minor from what I can tell, can anyone else say that they are G.R?

(I'm not GR for the record)

I also should point out that you can't suspect someone just because they're not suspicious. It defies logic.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:33 am

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
kevinb1229 replaces DarkWolf93.

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:40 am

Currently Playing: Namco Museum Megamix
All right, now that I'm in the game, and I've read everybody's posts, I can see everything from the townies' POV. I think I'll vote NL for now. A random lynch, as said before, has a high probability to hurt the town. Besides, there's a third party involved. If it's a Doctor or a Cop, then we might lose a valuable asset on the first day. I don't think that there's a Serial Killer in this game, but I could be wrong. A NL seems like the safest route to take at this point.

Vote: No Lynch

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:24 am
YIM
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
kevinb1229 wrote:
Besides, there's a third party involved. If it's a Doctor or a Cop, then we might lose a valuable asset on the first day.

I'm not certain that I understood this sentence correctly, but just to clarify, any role that wins with the town, whether it has a special ability or not, is considered a townie. A third party is someone who usually wins independently, with no relation to the town or the mafia.

Also, "I don't think that there's a Serial Killer in this game, but I could be wrong." struck me as exactly the kind of thing that a Serial Killer would say to try and cover themselves off the bat. Why don't you think there is a Serial Killer? What is your reasoning?

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:34 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Gold wrote:
I also should point out that you can't suspect someone just because they're not suspicious. It defies logic.

I dunno about that, Gold. In accordance to logic, a Mafia will actually take more time to look innocent than a townie, because the Mafia's entire goal is to look innocent.

Also, something else about Brik's logic. He consistently uses the number 4 as the opposition (The Highest Possible) instead of 3 or 2.
We all know that it's extremely likely that there's at least one third-party role, and we don't know whether they're dangerous to us or not.

Anywho, I strongly suspect that there's a Simon role. If someone dies during the day, I think it might be him.

Vote Count Please

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:42 am

Currently Playing: Namco Museum Megamix
Brikmaethor wrote:
kevinb1229 wrote:
Besides, there's a third party involved. If it's a Doctor or a Cop, then we might lose a valuable asset on the first day.

I'm not certain that I understood this sentence correctly, but just to clarify, any role that wins with the town, whether it has a special ability or not, is considered a townie. A third party is someone who usually wins independently, with no relation to the town or the mafia.

Also, "I don't think that there's a Serial Killer in this game, but I could be wrong." struck me as exactly the kind of thing that a Serial Killer would say to try and cover themselves off the bat. Why don't you think there is a Serial Killer? What is your reasoning?

Heh, already I've made a few enemies... My reasoning is that there has been a trend in the Mafia games I've played. Every game I've played didn't have a serial killer. Whether you view me as one or not is up to you. As for my earlier post, the Doctor and the Cop are valuable assets in keeping the townies alive and figuring out who the Mafia are. I agree with you that they aren't third party, I misspoke myself. However, there's still a possibility of eliminating one if we do a random lynch. My vote of NL still stands.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:43 am
YIM

MGN Username: 194
Currently Playing: most likely Celeste
Waifu: Curly Brace
Day 1: Fourth vote count

[3] crabbyman66: Pachino, DJ Wizard Cop, Believeblood
[3] No lynch: crabbyman66, The Silent One, kevinb1229
[1] Gold: Brikmaethor
[1] Brikmaethor: Panthera leo

Bold for concrete votes.

Not voting yet:
-Fly or Die
-Tid
-Gold
-Genis

With 12 people alive, you need 7 votes to lynch someone.
DEADLINE: Saturday 10th, 23:00 EST. If deadline is reached with no consensus, no lynch will happen.

YouTube Video:

Avatar and signature pics by Semicolon.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:14 pm

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
Switching to vote: crabbyman66.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:54 pm
 [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 30  Next