The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:18 pm

[ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 189  Next
SSF2 Character Speculation 

MGN Username: Mr.Xenomega
Currently Playing: SSB4 - SSF2 - Mario Kart 8 - Pokemon X
blackking1700 wrote:
I personally would be very happy if Shadow and Knuckles didn't make the cut, I don't want the Sonic franchise overrepresented. It looks more like the devs are adding 2 characters per company when it comes to 3rd party, and I hope that's the case. Sonic doesn't need 3 or 4 reps it's fine the way it is. Don't overcrowd the game with Sonic characters, those are spots that could be reserved for someone else.

BUT WE NEED TO COMPLETE THE SONIC HEROES!!1!1
It would be the biggest disappointment to me to see only see sonic and tails but not have knuckles. Shadow I can understand. But you can't leave out knuckles like that.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:30 pm

MGN Username: blackking1700
Mr.Xenomega wrote:
blackking1700 wrote:
I personally would be very happy if Shadow and Knuckles didn't make the cut, I don't want the Sonic franchise overrepresented. It looks more like the devs are adding 2 characters per company when it comes to 3rd party, and I hope that's the case. Sonic doesn't need 3 or 4 reps it's fine the way it is. Don't overcrowd the game with Sonic characters, those are spots that could be reserved for someone else.

BUT WE NEED TO COMPLETE THE SONIC HEROES!!1!1
It would be the biggest disappointment to me to see only see sonic and tails but not have knuckles. Shadow I can understand. But you can't leave out knuckles like that.

I just feel like anymore, and it'd be too overwhelming. Not to mention 3rd party characters already take up almost half the roster adding 2 more from the same franchise to me is just to much. Now maybe if a separate game series was represented then it be different.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:41 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
I'm strongly in favor of Knuckles, but for an entirely different reason.

He would have been a Project M veteran if PM hadn't been shot down before he was completed. He (and Fire Emblem's Lyn) were over 90% done when the fatal decision was made.

For the same reason, I'm in favor of Lyn being unlockable in the full version.

Isaac was with them, but, well, he's already in. :isaac:

Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:03 am

Harr Turnpike wrote:

He would have been a Project M veteran if PM hadn't been shot down before he was completed. He (and Fire Emblem's Lyn) were over 90% done when the fatal decision was made.

That's not a bad idea. To honor PM, Lyn and Knuckles could be playable in SSF2...right?

Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:31 am

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
dragonballhero wrote:
Harr Turnpike wrote:

That's not a bad idea. To honor PM, Lyn and Knuckles could be playable in SSF2...right?

As far as Lyn, I would definitely like to see her become a playable character. Knuckles, aside from being a veteran from SSF1, he was in Project M and SSF2 needs another Sonic rep.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:46 am

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
With the whole Knuckles/Shadow debate, I know it's probably gonna be one or the other
Both are SSF1 Veterans and both are good canidates for Smash if stuff like Project: M, Crusade and the millions of Brawl PSAs are anything to go by (And Sonic Battle/the Fighters, too!)
I'm personally rooting for Knock Knock, but Ow the Edge has a good shot too :chibirobo:

Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:43 am

Knuckles and Shadow are both deserving of being in SSF2.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:55 pm

I never said that they weren't undeserving or wouldn't fit, I just think the're unnecessary.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:03 pm

I speculate these veterans from SSF1...

Mewtwo - An unlockable in SSF1 and the most highly requested character for SSB4. The Devs should have no problem adding Mewtwo especially since he is highly speculated around here.
Shadow The Hedgehog - This has been one of the most hottest debates around the SSF2 Community. Everybody is constantly debating about Knuckles and Shadow getting the final Sonic spot. While there are people who want just Knuckles, there are people who want just Shadow, and there are people who think both should make the cut. I am on the side of both of them making the cut because I strongly believe that Knuckles will be in Beta and Shadow will be unlockable in V.1.0. We will have to wait and see who or both get the cut!
Knuckles - Read above.
Chrono Trigger - I have a feeling he may get cut, but the SSF2 Community needs to rally together to bring Chrono into SSF2!!
Cloud Strife - I thought this dude would be cut. After he joined SSB4, I knew that Cloud Strife would have a chance to come back to SSF2. I read that his design was supposed to be off his Advent Children design
Zero - Zero is one of the most highly requested characters around this community and one on my top 10 wishlist. Some people argue that with Mega Man X being cut that Zero could have gotten cut. Um, Zero had his own games and he was on his own in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. We will have to wait and see whether he makes the cut!
Young Link - I know he was slated to be cut along with Blade, Blue, InuYasha, Mega Man X, and Mr. Incredible, but with Majora's Mask and Orcarina Of Time getting remakes on the Nintendo 3DS, that got me to think that Young Link will make the cut. He was a clone of Link in Melee and a Semi-Clone in SSF1, but the Devs can base his moveset off Majora's Mask. I am still pulling for this dude to return for SSF2.

Last edited by Goku2500 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:50 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
Goku2500 wrote:
Majora's Mask and Orcarina Of Time getting remakes on the Nintendo 3DS, that got me to think that Young Link will make the cut.

He already made the cut.

Cut from the roster.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In all seriousness I would love to see Young link return, but if the devs said he's definitely cut, he's definitely cut.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:53 pm

Spiteful Crow Riolu wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:
Majora's Mask and Orcarina Of Time getting remakes on the Nintendo 3DS, that got me to think that Young Link will make the cut.

He already made the cut.

Cut from the roster.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love the evil laugh!

In all seriousness I would love to see Young link return, but if the devs said he's definitely cut, he's definitely cut.

I do not exactly know if the Devs said Young Link was cut. If it was said by Cleod back when SSF2 was an infant, then I see. The reason I say he may return is because of the roster overhaul back in 2010. I am hopeful for a Young Link return, but I think he got cut. We will have to wait and see however.

Btw, can you provide a source? If not, no big deal.

I still cannot stop laughing from the evil laugh you made lol.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:55 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
Harr Turnpike wrote:

Rip sami, rip advance wars. (Seriously though advance wars rep for life)

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:14 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
Goku2500 wrote:
Spiteful Crow Riolu wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:

He already made the cut.

Cut from the roster.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love the evil laugh!

I do not exactly know if the Devs said Young Link was cut. If it was said by Cleod back when SSF2 was an infant, then I see. The reason I say he may return is because of the roster overhaul back in 2010. I am hopeful for a Young Link return, but I think he got cut. We will have to wait and see however.

Btw, can you provide a source? If not, no big deal.

I still cannot stop laughing from the evil laugh you made lol.

I think it was on the old MG website. Hold on.

EDIT: The archive button doesn't do what I thought it did.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:15 pm

The devs stated that either during an Apex stream or in the Q&A topic that anyone previously cut(with the obvious exception of OC) are no longer cut and have a chance.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:46 am

blackking1700 wrote:
The devs stated that either during an Apex stream or in the Q&A topic that anyone previously cut(with the obvious exception of OC) are no longer cut and have a chance.
Now I remember hearing the Devs saying that anybody who was cut from SSF1 has a chance at coming back and are no longer cut!

Now the big question is, which of the cut 4 Vets has the best shot at coming back?

Last edited by Goku2500 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:14 am
 [ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 189  Next