The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:57 pm

[ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next
Sora 

MGN Username: Gabumonkid
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Pokemon X, and others
i also hate the fact that you can flowmotion items, its annoying when im trying to do that to a CPU and a item spawns and connects with that instead, like the Mr.Saturns

sooo....im back...after so long o.o

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:43 am
YIM

Shocker14 wrote:
What do you think 'counters' Sora the most.

Just wondering as people think it has amazing power...

Well, Mario can cape Sora's side b away, which makes Sora's recovery trickier and counters side b spammers, as you can make it backfire pretty easily. In this case, as a Sora, be VERY careful with your side b's, and master your side b sweetspots for recovering.

Sora's vertical recovery is not really stellar as well, so any character that has a meteor can potentially put Sora in a bad situation. The stronger the meteor, the worse. Of course, your job as a Sora would be to avoid this kind of situation (DI away so you can at least side b recover).

Sora doesn't have a projectile other than his neutral b, which is pretty situational. As such, camping with a distant character such as Samus can weed out the slower Soras, despite the side b. As a Sora, stay close to your opponent. Be aggressive, but know your spacing.

So, as hypothetical counters to Sora, I'd say Mario and Tails are 2 good ones. Mario has his cape and fireballs as defensive options, while Tails has a projectile and strong out-of-stage offensive options against Sora. They're definitely not the only ones with good matchups against Sora though.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:42 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
....this does not make Sora S tier. but it needs to go ...it looks terrible.

It's a bug, so yeah... it definitely will. I promise that wasn't done on purpose lmao

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:28 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, LOZ:PH, Pokemon Showdown!.
Hmm...

ImageImage

Link!

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:36 pm
YIM

Is Sora's recovery very weak? I can't tell, but flowmotion really does hurt if someone shields on smaller maps? (Like WarioWare, Inc)

ImageImage

Link!

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:49 pm
YIM

Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Pokemon X, and others
his recovery is bad, but it you know your not going to make it with your recovery, just use flowmotion.

i hate that when you miss you cant go as far back as you should. its like when you go helpless, he doesnt move back as much as he should

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:03 pm
YIM

How far away is Sora's Thunder away from him? Please use the metric element of Jigglypuffs please.

Quick Add-On, what is Sora's freeze?

ImageImage

Link!

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:43 pm
YIM

Shocker14 wrote:
How far away is Sora's Thunder away from him? Please use the metric element of Jigglypuffs please.

Quick Add-On, what is Sora's freeze?

About 2+2/3 Jigglypuffs, depending on where you start on Sora.

Sora's Freeze is back throw.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:50 pm

BThrow is the definition of useless: I can be punished for landing it. They break out of Freeze soon enough that they can actually attack me before my throw animation ends.

Also, I miss being able to combo first jab into Finishing Leap. It's so hard to land without that.

The two NAir hits don't seem to combo reliably.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:27 am

yea his B-Throw went from good to useless due to the new mechanics of the Freeze effect

i also miss comboing into his D-Tilt and S-Tilt from his neutral combo, due to the knock back of his third hit, it doesnt work at all, maybe with DK but thats the only one who can be comboed with it

Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:14 pm
YIM

Not sure if this is known, but Flowmotion Down can be used to spike (or maybe Meteor Smash, not sure which in this case since the angle is pretty weird). What happens is that there's actually a brief window in which you can cancel one Flowmotion variant into another. Maybe with frame-perfect timing you could use this to get an extra hit off, maybe. But what this does do is let you get the height increase from Flowmotion Forward and then perform a different Flowmotion variant. If you cancel Flowmotion Forward into Flowmotion Down at the top of the rise from Flowmotion Forward, Flowmotion Down will be a weak spike. The later the cancel and the more height you gain from Flowmotion Forward, the steeper downward the knockback angle appears to end up. Done properly, this seems to be able to gimp CPU-controlled Captain Falcon at 40%-ish on Final Destination. But if you cancel too late, Flowmotion Down will also acquire the forward momentum from Flowmotion Forward, and you'll shoot past the foe while only landing one hit.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:31 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
You can do what I call a "Chain Flow" with back flowmotion. This involves using a grounded flowmotion (back) repeatedly, so you get a pseudo chain grab.
It will work pretty well even at high percentages. :)

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:55 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Are there any ways to combo into FlowMotion?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:37 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Are there any ways to combo into FlowMotion?

Not that I know of, other than another FlowMotion. (FlowMotion Down > NAir > FlowMotion seems to work occasionally.) But, it either instant-breaks shields or just ignores them via grab, and it out-prioritizes many projectiles. So if your opponent chucks a projectile at you, you can punish with FlowMotion and start a combo.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:28 am

MGN Username: Johnstir
Currently Playing: Super smash flash 2, Team Fortress 2
I do like using the new Flow Motion move, great job with it devs! but I guess I have to be a bit careful when using it! (Ended up sending myself to my metaphorical death a few times as a result of using the move and missing the opponent!)

Click to expand thumbnail RANDOM SCOUT PIC

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:42 pm
 [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next