The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:05 am

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Yet another "My Tier List" thread 
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Cookies wrote:
TERRIBLE range, lack of mobility outside of PSI Magnet, only three reliable kill moves which either are slown(UAir), lack range (BThrow) or have bad range and depend on luck (FSmash), gimpable recovery (although its not that bad) and genereally bad MUs across the roster. DJC is a nice gimmick, but I dont see anything Ness truly has going for him out side of PK Fire and DJC maybe.

With that mentality (highlighted in bold) you could argue for the majority of the roster being bottom tier. I don't see those as valid arguments tbh.
As for MUs, he seems to have quite a few MUs in his favor from my perspective. Could you give examples?

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:44 am
SSF2 Developer

As a :yoshi: Main, I think his placement is OK lol. Possibly a couple of slots too high, but he's around where he should be.

His Recovery is actually really great lol, a skilled Yoshi would not let you tap him or Grab him for free. Up-B usually gets you close enough to the Stage that you can use 2nd Jump entirely to evade (either to go high enough to avoid attacks, or to go into Air-Dodge, or anything along those lines). If you find your opponent Yoshi constantly Double-Jumping close enough to you for you to Grab them or tap them, they're doing it wrong lol (or perhaps you're just playing -really- well). He can KO, like, maybe 10% later than the average character which isn't really that bad. He has arguably the best Command Grab in the game in Neutral-B. He might be slow, but so is Zelda, and I don't think people would label her as Low-Tier.

Sora seems about right too lol

BM seems a bit high, considering that he struggles a little against characters like Zero Suit Samus who can keep him out well. BBM might be a bit too high as well.

Naruto/ Link/ Goku cluster should be in A-Tier IMO.

Sonic and Kirby are too high lol

Overall I think this is a great list though ^__^

Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:00 pm

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
Cookies wrote:
PKT2 doesnt kill Jiggs on WW at 140%

Ok this is just wrong, PKT2 kills jiggs from center stage at around 70% with no DI and around 90% with proper DI
Quote:
What does Ness have then?

A lot actually, he has a great approach that leads to very easy followups with fair, a good zoning tool with PKT, fast and strong aerials, and good anti airs with upsmash and uptilt. His recovery is only easy to edgeguard for some because a lot of s*** ness's dont use downb to stall or dont mix up their PKT2 angles. Ness is easily top 10, maybe top 5 in terms of recovery.

In terms of MUs, he loses to all S tiers besides pika, which I consider very close, possibly even. The only S tier MU I would consider "bad" is MK, which i see as 30-70. In the A tier, he goes even with tails, beats BM and yoshi, and only loses to the rest of them by 40-60.(BBM could be 45-55) In the B tier, I would say he beats everyone there besides Naruto and Link, both of which are close MUs.
You are seriously underrating what Ness can do.

Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:21 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
135 wrote:
As a :yoshi: Main, I think his placement is OK lol. Possibly a couple of slots too high, but he's around where he should be.

135 wrote:
As a :yoshi: Main, I think his placement is OK lol.

135 wrote:
As a :yoshi: Main

What happened to the :metaknight: dream? :'c

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:40 am

MGN Username: Appley
Currently Playing: SSF2, Earthbound, and some old DS relics
Dont forget about his upthrow at low percents. Because of ness' amazing aerials AND his DJC, kills can come quite early or amazing combos can be forged if used right. Ness isnt really a lacking character if you're creative enough. Upsmash and Uptilt are also amazing setup tools that lead into kills,(both lead into upair,the strongest upair in the game),strings or like Joey said, anti-airs. I can sorta agree that his recovery can be garbage but it again, its all about creativity. Try using different arcs, sweet-spotting ledge, throw some pk thunders on stage(if you're above or in the middle of the ledge zone) or Down-b. Ness can edgeguard fairly well actually but AGAIN, only if you're creative enough. Rising dair, Rising fair offstage, PK flash for easily readable recoveries, etc. Another amazing tool ness has in his arsenal is fair. Probably the pinnacle of ness. Setup starter, get-off-back move, grabs especially since ness throws(specifically dthrow and upthrow) go so well together with his arsenal. Thats pretty much all I gotta say right now so yeah

Mains: :ness:

Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:03 am

Any reason why Ichigo is low b instead of high b?

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:48 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
LilScary wrote:
Any reason why Ichigo is low b instead of high b?

Why should he high B in your opinion?

Finally remembered to update this. Ness is now in B Tier, Naruto has been moved to A Tier.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:34 am
SSF2 Developer

SoF | Suli Hyuga wrote:
135 wrote:

135 wrote:
As a :yoshi: Main, I think his placement is OK lol.

135 wrote:
As a :yoshi: Main

What happened to the :metaknight: dream? :'c

Dropped in 2014 lol

Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:23 am
BR Member

coming in with the ultra bumb because I dont feel like making a second tier list thread for myself

Considering that Beta is coming in less than two weeks unless the devs get hit with the biggest surprise curveball ever to be recorded by mankind, I felt like revising my super old tier list (which aside from a few nitpicks, most people seemed to agree with. Dont worry, this one is much worse to fulfill your daily needs of s*** on Skai).

Before I go ahead, I want to add a disclaimer that this tier list isnt supposed to be perfectly accurate by any means. Its not based solely on tourney results, representation or anything objective like that, but rather a mix of (mostly) my personal (and admittedly questionable) opinion I got from experience, alongside a few other factors such as the aforementioned tourney results. I mean, who needs facts when you can trigger people with opinion based BS? :pikachu:

In case I didnt give it away yet, this isnt meant to be taken entirely seriously. Dont say I didnt warn you.

Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:14 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Skylar wrote:

Considering that Beta is coming in less than two weeks unless the devs get hit with the biggest surprise curveball ever to be recorded by mankind

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:52 am
BR Member

TheRebornBowser wrote:
Skylar wrote:

Considering that Beta is coming in less than two weeks unless the devs get hit with the biggest surprise curveball ever to be recorded by mankind

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Looks like I spoke too soon lol

Now lets wait for the people accusing me of jinxing the entire process

Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:13 am

Fox in A+ instead of S?

Nice b8

Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:02 am

MGN Username: MGoku9
Currently Playing: SSF2, Crash Tag Team Racing, Dragon Ball Budokai 2
So... It's highly accurate (Not a pun with your title, lmao), but why is MK so low, Pikachu n' Tails so high and MM like... at a horrible place.

Marth in 7th place. TRIGGERED

I am the base for Event #11: Laagggggg

== SSF2 ==
Flash Card #10

RIP Forums. Hope you're having a good day, though! Unless you main Marth /s.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:58 pm
BR Member

Gregory Goku wrote:
So... It's highly accurate (Not a pun with your title, lmao), but why is MK so low, Pikachu n' Tails so high and MM like... at a horrible place.

You do realize that MK is ranked at #2 and still has the spot as the best solo character? Shielda only has its own tier because Tier List Maker did not have a Shielda picture at that time (afaik it still doesnt), so I had to make SOME sort of distintion.

Pikachu is very underrepresented, but the little guy really deserves being that high, trust me. Great mobility, Quick Attack is arguably the single best movement option in the game, electric attacks with a lot of priority, amazing throws, unreflectable projectile, amazing recovery, amazing kill power (USmash, FSmash, Dair, sweetspot Thunder (actually a decent option in SSF2 because of the huge hitbox, it KOing at very low % and having less lag than it should)) and having easy KO setups, amazing edgeguarding game (YOLO Dair at 30, Thunder, Tailspike etc) and the "jank" you need to be a good SSF2 character :pikachu: His range is balls though, he is the second lightest character in the game and his combo game is actually not that amazing (dont get me wrong, its still good, but severely outshined by other characters).

Looking at that list again, I definetly put Tails too high though. Bias alert I guess :tails: I would propably put him just below BBM rn.

And you really are overrating Marth... But thats kind of natural for a "noob slayer" character.

Legitimately surprised noone called me out on putting Chibi so high lmao, he definetly needs to move below Samus to the bottom of B+ :pikachu:

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:31 am

MGN Username: MGoku9
Currently Playing: SSF2, Crash Tag Team Racing, Dragon Ball Budokai 2
Skylar wrote:
Gregory Goku wrote:

You do realize that MK is ranked at #2 and still has the spot as the best solo character? Shielda only has its own tier because Tier List Maker did not have a Shielda picture at that time (afaik it still doesnt), so I had to make SOME sort of distintion.

Pikachu is very underrepresented, but the little guy really deserves being that high, trust me. Great mobility, Quick Attack is arguably the single best movement option in the game, electric attacks with a lot of priority, amazing throws, unreflectable projectile, amazing recovery, amazing kill power (USmash, FSmash, Dair, sweetspot Thunder (actually a decent option in SSF2 because of the huge hitbox, it KOing at very low % and having less lag than it should)) and having easy KO setups, amazing edgeguarding game (YOLO Dair at 30, Thunder, Tailspike etc) and the "jank" you need to be a good SSF2 character :pikachu: His range is balls though, he is the second lightest character in the game and his combo game is actually not that amazing (dont get me wrong, its still good, but severely outshined by other characters).

Looking at that list again, I definetly put Tails too high though. Bias alert I guess :tails: I would propably put him just below BBM rn.

And you really are overrating Marth... But thats kind of natural for a "noob slayer" character.

Legitimately surprised noone called me out on putting Chibi so high lmao, he definetly needs to move below Samus to the bottom of B+ :pikachu:

"Shielda only has its own tier because Tier List Maker did not have a Shielda picture at that time (afaik it still doesnt), so I had to make SOME sort of distintion."
This does NOT have anything related with my post, lol.

"Quick Attack is arguably the single best movement option in the game"
Yeah. You're right. Arguably. It's extremely predictable and easy to punish, not only that, but he can't warp twice in the same direction.

"And you really are overrating Marth... But thats kind of natural for a "noob slayer" character."
Wow, you just called me a noob. I'm not a random. I've already gone to some tournaments and my skill is kinda above average. Trying to predict how someone is just because of their opinion on X char is rude. I wasn't offensive to you in any manner. Then, people don't know why this community is cancer.

I am the base for Event #11: Laagggggg

== SSF2 ==
Flash Card #10

RIP Forums. Hope you're having a good day, though! Unless you main Marth /s.

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:00 am
 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next