The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:27 am

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 
Site Admin

The room was empty, though the door shut behind Carter, and the desk in the back of the room shifted to the side mechanically revealing a long staircase similarly to the one in the club room. Should Carter walk down the flight of stairs, he would find himself approaching the weapons vault in the s****.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:30 pm
Site Moderator

Maximilian remained silent through his introduction and even after being prepped on his forth coming mission did he not add much remark besides a change in facial expression. Humility had been taught to the boy numerous times in his life by many people, but this situation required a special type of understanding. After all he was just introduced to his peers, and now he was preparing to combat creatures. Certainly this was what many referred to as hitting the ground running. Never the less he rightfully followed after the group who descended to the weapon vault

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Logan listened intently as the man, who had been introduced as father Albright, spoke about mysterious happenings in a group of apartments. The junior felt a pang of grief as he recalled a student by the same last name, James, who had died in the... incident. His thoughts turned to the matter at hand, what was to be his first mission as a member of the Darren Archive Club. What the minister had described sounded to Logan like the work of run-of-the-mill ghosts, though he prevented himself from making assumptions. He was overcome with excitement at the prospect of actually engaging in combat with supernatural beings.
He took note, of course, of the new student among them. He would be sure to greet him something fierce later on. For now, though, it was time to prepare. He followed the others down to the s****.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:02 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Carter, who was amazed with the secret room, looked around for a note telling anyone not to enter, which he found nothing about. Well, of course if there isn't anything about this flight of stairs, it must be secret, well, I might as well go down. Carter walked down, seeing a vault, he opened the vault, seeing racks of weapons. "Um... Hello?" Carter said, hoping for a response, and he stood still for a while, waiting for a response...

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Alice was glad to know she would soon have her compound bow back in her hands. She never felt totally safe without it. The senior fell to the back of the herd of students to allow them to go first, then turned to Basil who seemed to be doing the same.
"The look on your face just now was priceless," she said quietly, "I'm guessing priests aren't your favorite people? Or is there just something about our latest trainee you don't like?"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:02 pm
YIM WWW
Site Admin

Miss Rachel looked ahead and saw Carter approaching the weapons vault. "Ah, so nice of you to join us Mr. Gram" spoke Miss Rachel seriously "Today we have our first mission, I would update you but presently we have more pressing matters at hand, you will have to be briefed by one of your peers."

She then turned to the vault and opened the door revealing an impressive collection of weapons from various time periods. The largest selection of weapons though were from the European Medieval Era of Templar design and various other present day weapons. "Contrary to what you might think, these aren't antiques" said Miss Rachel to the new members plainly "We had these shipped from our mother branch in England, and they have been made specifically for your duty. Many of these weapons are made of iron and tempered in holy water, so they should have a significant affect on most spirits. Go ahead, and choose your weapons"

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:38 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Carter, feeling out of place saw John, he waved, but didn't go to him. He wanted some weapons. Carter picked up brass knuckles with spikes on them and went up to Miss Rachel and asked, "Yes, Ms. Rachel, would you happen to have any projectiles or fire arms of any sort?"

Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
"Just a personal preference." Basil replied with a blank stare. "Not sure what to think of the new blood. I don't care either way, he's just another variable to watch over. I do assume you'll take over most of the leadership responsibilities this time. If you need help I'll supply you with Fragor-Animus to break their spirit. If I could make on request, don't step in and help them if they find themselves in trouble. I desire to see how they react to near-death experiences."

Finishing, he gave Alice a weak pat on the shoulder and followed the group into the secret room.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
As the Doctor introduced the armoury, Adi pulled junior Douglas aside quickly.

"I suggest you do not take a weapon, unless you want to waste all your training. People like you and I who summon our own weapons have no real need for them."

After he said that, he picked out a few small canisters. They were sprays, though in addition to the pepper-based irritant, it also contained holy liquids. He shook one in his hand before he turned back to Douglas.

"Here catch, these will be more useful in a pinch."

He threw one towards the junior and returned an extraneous canister, replacing it with a grenade which was contained a tear gas equivalent for spirits. Those two items went around his belt, hanging by their handles and making an occasional clink as he walked out and waited for the others.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:54 am

Logan could not deny the appeal of carrying a more substantial weapon, but Adi knew what he was talking about. No weapon could possibly serve him as well as the ones that were always at his disposal. Besides, practical application of his arte could be the key to gaining the use of new armaments.
He snatched the can out of the air and stuffed it into his pocket. Using water to banish a foe would be an interesting experience.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:52 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
The weapon room was filled to the brim with various weapons, all created specifically to fight spirits. Moving towards the Eastern Asian weapons, Li grabbed the pair of tonfa he used in the past years. They were made of iron instead of wood for obvious reasons. To avoid being too heavy, rather than be a solid cylinder of metal, the tonfa are actually hollow but made with a thick wall, giving them the strength while staying lightweight.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Johnathan stood there for a couple of minutes looking over the weapons. At first, he started to get a sword, but he pushed it away. He wanted something that would help in his Arte. Maybe something similar to a knife would do. He glances around. He see Carter waving at him. He doesn't go to him, but Johnathan could understand why. He waves in response. Then he sees it. They looked very versatile, close combat weapons. Both handles, Johnathan measured, looked to be around 7 or 8 inches. The blades themselves, looked to be nine inches, and they were somewhat curved at the end, which meant it could be useful in grappling as well as obviously cutting, giving it a hook like appearance. He then concluded these were a pair of Billhooks. they were made of iron, as well was the rest of the weapons, and the inner part looked particularly sharper then the rest of the blade, and it was a more darker shade then the rest.

Feeling happy with his choice, he leaves the vault and waits for the rest to finish up.

Last edited by Infinity on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:01 pm
Site Moderator

A sword fine and simple, that's what Maximilian decided he would pick and it didn't take long before he found exactly what he was looking for. It was a short sword, the blade was less than three feet long and the hilt seemed to only fit one hand. Snatching it up he doubled back and exited from the weapon vault to await further orders.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Basil could say the most disturbing things in the most pleasant ways. Did he really expect her to let him to use Fragor-Animus on a student? While he claimed it would merely "break their spirit", which was bad enough itself, she expected it to have an effect closer to "blowing up their souls"... And what was that about not helping them if they're about to die? It would probably be better to do everything herself. Then again, he may have said all that to get her to take care of the students for him. She wouldn't be surprised.

When some of the students had finished picking their weapons and filed out of the armory Alice quickly slipped in and headed to the back, where a small metal box stood. Popping it open, she beamed at the contents like a kid in a candy shop: a modern compound bow, complete with iron arrows and all the other equipment needed to use it, from the standard quiver to a custom chest bracer to fit her... Body. The bow itself worked with a system of pulleys and cams in place of the bowstring which helped to keep the limbs stable. This gave it an edge in terms of power and accuracy over obsolete bows made of natural materials. It was craggy and ugly, but she didn't care. Something that shoots pointed twigs of death with absurd efficiency should be ugly looking. One of her juniors once told her that seeing a cute girl use this thing was extremely disturbing, but Alice thought it was awesome.

With her previous nervousness nowhere to be found, the woman headed to the training room, where she practiced on targets while waiting for the rest of the students to finish.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:05 pm
YIM WWW
Site Admin

Evelyn entered the weapons vault and looked at the various items they had catalogued. It truly was impressive, there were a bunch that she could not name, though most she at least could recognize. She had trained with most of the medieval weapons, as most of them were commonly used by the Templars, even to this day. Why they didn't just use guns, she did not know. She examined all the weapons, she could sense the holy energy emanating from them. Rather than pick up a longsword, as she usually did at home, she decided to choose a glaive, not wanting to wield a sword like anyone else.

In response to Carter Miss Rachel replied "Ha! Children with guns! Sorry Mr Gram, so long as you are in this school, there will be no guns of any sort available to you." In retrospect, children wielding weapons in general was quite outlandish in itself, though oddly Miss Rachel made no comment on this whatsoever.

The students having chosen their weapons, stood in the main room waiting for Miss Rachel who eventually exited the weapons vault with a tome in hand.

"Now, before we head to our location, I just want to affirm something" she said while glancing in Basil's direction "I have not really discussed it because I am personally not fond of its use. In short, I am referring to the use of magic. Let me be clear in that your abilities are not of magical origins; as magic is chaotic and often unreliable...though...the Artes de Alchemia are close. However, because of reasons that require explaining beyond our present time constraints, you all have the ability to use 'safer' magic. I say safer because what I'm about to teach you draws on your own spiritual energy, which its quantities are limited, rather than more commonly used 'aether', which is chaotic neutral energy of the universe with often untameable results and spirits, or demons, whose powers are immense though often come with a very dark price. To those of you who remain curious about the concept of magic, and wish to study it thoroughly I suggest you to be careful. More often than not, those gifted with Omnividence are ultimately drawn to the darker magics." Dispelling the air of graveness that had overcome the room, Miss Rachel smiled. "Now, a spell I shall teach you new students is quite simple. It serves to hide the weapon you have claimed in the spirit realm so you don't have to go walking around in public with a pole arm" she said with a laugh while glancing at Evelyn "Simply you must say 'Eolwa' and to call it back 'Ad amar'"

With that said, the new students who had obtained a weapon tested their new discovered abilities calling forth their weapons and dispelling them a few times until told to stop by Miss Rachel. After which they returned to the club room, and Miss Rachel opened the door and they took a large black van with tinted windows and drove the apartment building that Father Albright had told them of. He told them that floors 9 through 13 were specifically haunted, and had been evacuated on the excuse that the floors needed to be fumigated due to termite infestation. Knowing that floor 13 was going to be particularly difficult due to the ominous nature of the number that ghosts seemed to enjoy, Miss Rachel stated that she was going to handle that floor herself, and left the children on the ninth floor. Immediately, once they stepped on the floor one of the doors slammed shut, despite the entire floor having been evacuated already.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:45 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 98  Next