The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:23 pm

[ 8 posts ] 
Flashified! An SSF2-Inspired Sprite and Pixel Art Post 

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
Hello everyone, I'm just here to show you a special kind of thread today, which will represent my own artwork. However, this isn't any normal artwork, as it has been inspired by the wonderful Lisnovski. Flashified is a series where I will create sprites, sprite sheets and even Super Smash Flash 2-related portraits of characters from video games, my own projects and even other people characters who aren't or won't possibly be in this game.

This project was started in part due to my current inability to make digital artwork, as I have no pen and pad to aid me in such an endeavor, so I resorted to making this in the stead. All of these images are also on my deviantArt account: http://enigmated-clockwork.deviantart.com/

If you have your own deviantArt and want to see more before I post anything here, I won't mind! I'd enjoy having new people. Now of course, let me show you what I do have for Flashified, and I will let you all see what they are like:

Flashified Sprites

Leon S. Kennedy: show

A character hailing from the Resident Evil series and a notable icon of survival horror games, essentially even the face of horror! Leon S. Kennedy is here and Flashified in his Resident Evil 6 incarnation, with him having more of a realistic appearance to him. As a little height comparison, Leon S. Kennedy is a few pixels taller than Link, since Leon is quite a bit taller than the Hero of Time. Leon comes packing heat on beat and looks like he is a formidable foe altogether. Not-so-secretly, I want this guy in Super Smash Flash 2. And I kind of hope the developers can...you know...greenlight that idea.

Mettaton EX: show

A character coming from the indie hit Undertale, and one of my favorite characters in video game history, Mettaton EX has been Flashified as well, and unlike Leon, his shading is more akin to his game, and the fact that he's a robot. Mettaton EX himself is taller than even Leon, so he would indeed be quite a tall character on screen. His pose may not be a pose from Undertale, but it's almost certainly inspired from it. By the way, I did his design with more of the overworld version of him than his in-battle version, as there was no way in hell I was going to be able to get those lights on the right chest there.

Marluxia: show

The Graceful Assassin, a member of Organization XIII, and definitely in need of a sprite reboot, this is Marluxia, whom comes from the game series, Kingdom Hearts, from 358/2 Days and most prominently, Chain of Memories. He's got more shading to him to make him fit more into Flash 2's art style, but of course, his scythe wasn't touched...much. His pose was mostly inspired by how he holds his scythe in the games, outside GBA Chain of Memories. I chose his Kingdom Hearts 2 Opening appearance since it was more realistic and had different, darker shading. And also, about that scythe, yes, it's from Spriter's Resource and redone to fit him more.

Flashified Portraits

Flashified Sprite Sheets

This thread is certainly a work in progress thread, and I would like opinions, and I'll even take various suggestions for characters from video games. However, your own characters will not apply as others' characters are special gifts, not simple requests. I hope you guys could enjoy, and hope you get excited as to which character will be next!

Tue May 31, 2016 3:33 pm

MGN Username: MGoku9
Currently Playing: SSF2, Crash Tag Team Racing, Dragon Ball Budokai 2
:luigi: :goku: :isaac: or Crash plz?

Really good these arts. Lovin' this Leon.

I am the base for Event #11: Laagggggg

== SSF2 ==
Flash Card #10

RIP Forums. Hope you're having a good day, though! Unless you main Marth /s.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:41 pm

Gregory Goku wrote:
:luigi: :goku: :isaac: or Crash plz?

Really good these arts. Lovin' this Leon.

Well, I don't think I should do those three by far, since they're already in the game, but Crash, I might do!

And thanks. I'm actually planning on making a full on Leon S. Kennedy Sprite Sheet with his moves from the Resident Evil series, but I won't reveal them.
There could be hope that after I make the sheet, he's in the game. I mean, Pac-Man's in the game, right?

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:34 am

MGN Username: MGoku9
Currently Playing: SSF2, Crash Tag Team Racing, Dragon Ball Budokai 2
Yeah, he is, lol.
Lookin' forward for Crash...

I am the base for Event #11: Laagggggg

== SSF2 ==
Flash Card #10

RIP Forums. Hope you're having a good day, though! Unless you main Marth /s.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:40 am

MGN Username: Micbro
Currently Playing: Super Smash Brothers for 3ds, Super Smash Flash 2, Kid Icarus Uprising (after game stuff)
Your the same guy who made the post about horror characters in ssf2? I can't wait to see more of your work, looking good so far!

Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Oh, you mean on the dev blog? Yes I did.
I might end up making an entire Leon Sprite Sheet altogether. I have ideas for his moves overall.

Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:06 am

MGN Username: Micbro
Currently Playing: Super Smash Brothers for 3ds, Super Smash Flash 2, Kid Icarus Uprising (after game stuff)
Nice!Good luck, can't wait to see how your project turns out!

Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:21 pm

It's been almost a year since I was last here, and in fact, it's been a whole year since I made this thread.
So, I guess I'm going to dust this place off and get back to work on the stuff. Get ready to see some more stuff from me in the future.

Wed May 31, 2017 11:29 am
 [ 8 posts ]