The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:09 pm

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia 22: Chess Mafia [End] 

KeybladePON-3 wrote:
Took me a few, but I just realized something.

Vote: savy, eh?

ROOK

I'd ask that you explain your logic, but now I think I know why you did what you did.

If you were telling the truth about your role, then what you're doing is contemplating suicide.

But I know that is a lie because I'm the Rook.

It seems you were hoping to capitalize on the confusion caused by the Rook voting the King by having your partner quickhammer Savy, eh? before we could respond. That way, you'd get rid of me, and not have to worry about me blocking you tonight.

Although, it looks like the other black piece didn't get to him in time.

I believe my vote is well-placed.

Pre-edit: ninja'd

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:55 pm

KeybladePON-3 wrote:
I'm running under the assumption that you all are claiming roles. In addition to claiming "Castle" which is the wrong term, I am CC'ing savy, eh?

If these are in fact not claims, then this is for nothing and I will withdraw said vote.

What? "CASTLE" is the term that he has to say to use his ability; says so in the OP. I don't believe you could miss such an important detail.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Waifu: Mina Ashido
Aha! Caught you. Now you are CC'ing me. I'm the rook, not you.

Unvote
Vote: Lightning

I understand he needs to say "Castle" now, but I figured he would be doing it privately. I looked at the abilities again after posting.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:24 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
I'm much more inclined to believe Lightning's claim for two reasons. First, Keyblade, you were on my bandwagon, not Lightning, and the fact that I was not lynched is an indicator that either one or both Black pieces were on said 2-person bandwagon. Second, this is a terrible argument:
KeybladePON-3 wrote:

I think that we can formulate a reasonable plan of action based on what we know so far. It is evident that either Keyblade or Lightning are scum, seeing as though they are claiming the same town role. Thus, I believe that we should limit our lynch choice today to one of those two, as it effectively increases our odds of lynching correctly from 33% to 50%, which is reason enough. However, the castling mechanic affords us an additional advantage: If I am am wrong and Lightning is scum, then I will die and Keyblade will be confirmed town. Then, Keyblade will have a shot at blocking the incoming night kill if he can guess who the Queen is. Even if he doesn't, if the Pawn doesn't die then we have a guaranteed lynch on Lightning who would then be confirmed scum.

I'm pretty sure that Keyblade is mafia anyway, but either way it's a win-kindofwin.

Vote: KeybladePON-3

Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:34 pm

Savy, eh? wrote:
I'm much more inclined to believe Lightning's claim for two reasons. First, Keyblade, you were on my bandwagon, not Lightning, and the fact that I was not lynched is an indicator that either one or both Black pieces were on said 2-person bandwagon. Second, this is a terrible argument:
KeybladePON-3 wrote:

I think that we can formulate a reasonable plan of action based on what we know so far. It is evident that either Keyblade or Lightning are scum, seeing as though they are claiming the same town role. Thus, I believe that we should limit our lynch choice today to one of those two, as it effectively increases our odds of lynching correctly from 33% to 50%, which is reason enough. However, the castling mechanic affords us an additional advantage: If I am am wrong and Lightning is scum, then I will die and Keyblade will be confirmed town. Then, Keyblade will have a shot at blocking the incoming night kill if he can guess who the Queen is. Even if he doesn't, if the Pawn doesn't die then we have a guaranteed lynch on Lightning who would then be confirmed scum.

I'm pretty sure that Keyblade is mafia anyway, but either way it's a win-kindofwin.

Vote: KeybladePON-3

You realize that you are going to die anyway. Anyone can post in thread with the words "Castle" and make them look like they are the king.

CASTLE

See?

I was not "bandwagoning" you. I genuinely thought you were claiming Rook role via saying CASTLE considering everyone else was using the same bold-print all caps way to claim their role.

Before you go blindly bandwagoning ME, like you are doing, think.

I almost feel like self-voting, but that would be stupid because then scum could hammer me, and then kill a player leading to a major disadvantage to the town. From that point mafia would control the game and town would lose.

If I die, confirmed town or otherwise, then we will be down two townies. It's likely they won't try to kill me tonight, because they see me as the old derpy idiot I used to be when playing mafia, and thus easy to manipulate.

Additionally, at TOWK:

I did also use the words "I just realized something" n my first voting post. That should lead you to conclude that I had a reason to vote. Unvote please.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:18 pm

I'm at L-1 right now. Peachy. Me + Mafia kill = 4 players/2 mafia = Mafia win.

I suggest someone on my wagon unvote. Because otherwise this game is good as over.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:21 pm

In case I DO get lynched; scumteam is savy/Lightning.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:22 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Votecount v1.2
Voting KeybladePON-3: Lightning, TOWK, Savy, eh? (3, L-1)
Voting Savy, eh?: KeybladePON-3 (1)

Not voting: Pach, Doqtor Kirby

With 6 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
Correct lynch chance: 33%

Pach has been prodded.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:24 pm

Scum could hammer now if they wanted to earn a guaranteed win. But seeing as both of them are already voting, they are trying to draw suspicion off themselves by not being the hammer.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:26 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
I will grant that anyone can post "CASTLE" in bold if they so wish. However, considering that I have yet to be counterclaimed I feel that it is fairly safe to assume that I am the real deal.

Please explain this sentence:
Quote:
You realize that you are going to die anyway. Anyone can post in thread with the words "Castle" and make them look like they are the king.
I am the King, and I have castled. I cannot be lynched unless the White Rook is lynched. If you are the White Rook, as you have claimed, and we lynch you, then I still win in a way because my role will have served its purpose by confirming you as town and Lightning as scum, which means that Town is actually in pretty good shape Day 2 if the Pawn doesn't die or if you block the kill. However, as I stated before, I believe you to be scum, so the above is really just speculating on what the outcome will be if I am wrong.

I would also appreciate an explanation of this:
Quote:
Before you go blindly bandwagoning ME, like you are doing, think.
I explained my reasoning for placing my vote on you fairly thouroughly. What part of my previous post would you call "blindly bandwagoning"?

Quote:
Scum could hammer now if they wanted to earn a guaranteed win. But seeing as both of them are already voting, they are trying to draw suspicion off themselves by not being the hammer.
In actuality, scum cannot hammer at the moment because your partner TOWK's vote is already on you.

Quote:
Additionally, at TOWK:

I did also use the words "I just realized something" n my first voting post. That should lead you to conclude that I had a reason to vote. Unvote please.
This is a rather unsubtle way to ask your partner to take his vote off you.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:57 pm

Let's assume for a moment I am scum. I could hammer myself.

But I'm not scum.

However, I'd like to test that your king claim. I could lynch myself and then we'd see the truth, but then mafia is guaranteed a win.

I call it bandwagoning that you blindly followed TOWK's vote. You and Lightning. I also believe you are letting bias towards my past play influence you. I'm a better liar than you think, Mr. Wright.

Also Pach i saw you reading the game earlier. Get your a** in here and post.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:11 pm

But I have no reason to lie. This game is lost.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:12 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
KeybladePON-3 wrote:
Let's assume for a moment I am scum. I could hammer myself.

But I'm not scum.
Lol what is this logic? Like I'm legit confused as to what you're talking about. If you were scum you would just suicide because ???????????
However, I'd like to test that your king claim. I could lynch myself and then we'd see the truth, but then mafia is guaranteed a win.
What??????
I call it bandwagoning that you blindly followed TOWK's vote. You and Lightning.
Uh I voted you after Lightning
I also believe you are letting bias towards my past play influence you. I'm a better liar than you think, Mr. Wright.
Thanks for admitting you're lying.
Also Pach i saw you reading the game earlier. Get your a** in here and post.

KeybladePON-3 wrote:
But I have no reason to lie. This game is lost.
Why?

AMA

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:48 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Also, regarding "bandwagoning," Lightning voted you in the RVS, I voted you for saying you "realized something" after two content-less posts and voted Savy, then Brik voted you after the CC from Lightning, which is perfectly fine reasoning considering we now have a 50/50 chance of lynching scum. That's not bandwagoning at all.

AMA

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:54 pm

TOWK wrote:
Also, regarding "bandwagoning," Lightning voted you in the RVS, I voted you for saying you "realized something" after two content-less posts and voted Savy, then Brik voted you after the CC from Lightning, which is perfectly fine reasoning considering we now have a 50/50 chance of lynching scum. That's not bandwagoning at all.

You also have a 50/50 shot of lynching town. Its a mislych and lose situation.

Go ahead. Lynch me. I dare you.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:47 pm
 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next