The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:24 pm

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
General RP Discussion 
Site Admin

Well even if it's just three people continually posting in an RP it can definitely work, for the longest time til you and Sayo, it was just LG, Ichigo and I, in Ad Infinitum and things chugged along.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:03 pm
Site Moderator

Deciton_Reven wrote:
If there is one thing I do to Role-Plays, it's force my own user-created lore into a nook or cranny somewhere. Especially fantasy sicknesses.

*Made the bard class playable for War of Black Flames
*Added history of the Madness Plague in Ilisia
*Several classes (with lore in most cases) in Omnivedent
*Added Pholmere's Disease to Cybernetica's World
*IDK maybe more in other stuff

Plus I do lots of general world building all the time for various things. I'm sure I'd be able to help/contribute in some way to your project, I still have a culture based on triangular city layouts rather than square layouts (or no layouts at all) I'd like to put somewhere that fits (if it fits).

I don't mean to insult you or come off sounding like a jerk, but those are incredibly miniscule additions when compared to the lore I want created. I want entire cultures defined and their histories fleshed out, of course the way the rp would function would allow for these cultures to be fleshed out through role playing rather than large pages of single user created content. The role playing would just be... recorded and kept in a logical and historical context...

Whimzer wrote:
Sounds like it would be far more effort than people have the attention span for

Quite, which is why I haven't presented the idea before and is why I still have yet to present the idea logically to anyone. I believe it would be an enormous undertaking but one that quite a few people would find entertaining, at first anyway.

Kiki wrote:
Well even if it's just three people continually posting in an RP it can definitely work, for the longest time til you and Sayo, it was just LG, Ichigo and I, in Ad Infinitum and things chugged along.

I consider Ad Infinitum to be fairly lore heavy, though we really haven't really touched the story the yet... But It is there, the lore I mean. If in game someone asks a question or reads pages of a book I will write out those pages or answer those question no matter how lengthy(So far you're the only person to have read a book, and the pages you read numbered roughly 1,500 words. Before I intended for the pages to be longer, much longer. The original word count before I trimmed it was going to easily shoot past 6,000. Though I decided it was unacceptable to allow the opening pages of a book, especially a book in that style to be so lengthy). A lot of things are complicated in Ad Infinitum and are left vague so that people ask questions or so that they could use their own input to kind of fill in holes. Whim's entire back story and his culture was something he created, there was never any plan for a gypsy culture or territory to exist, but because he created the character I just went along with it and created resources for him to use and role play with; like a homeland, a people, a basic cultural idea, etc.

Ad Infinitum is still nowhere close to the scope/size of my idea and It's still single user created content for the most part. My idea would contain more information and lore than all of the rps ever made on this forum combined(which still isn't saying much)

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:09 pm

Ichigo wrote:
Ad Infinitum is still nowhere close to the scope/size of my idea and It's still single user created content for the most part. My idea would contain more information and lore than all of the rps ever made on this forum combined(which still isn't saying much)

That actually sounds like a lot of fun, if exhausting.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:14 pm
Site Admin

I honestly don't find that all too daunting, I really, really, enjoy lore. Which is in part why I was willing to revamp Illisia, perhaps not to the point of pages from books, but there would be it was going to be expansive enough that a wiki was needed. Your desire to make something of such a wide scope is really what I've been longing for. So if you really want to do this, know that I will unceasingly support you.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Site Moderator

Kiki wrote:
I honestly don't find that all too daunting, I really, really, enjoy lore. Which is in part why I was willing to revamp Illisia, perhaps not to the point of pages from books, but there would be it was going to be expansive enough that a wiki was needed. Your desire to make something of such a wide scope is really what I've been longing for. So if you really want to do this, know that I will unceasingly support you.

A wiki is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to use to keep track of information. I want an actual encyclopedia for the world, it would be necessary.

Anywho, I suppose I could try and make a clarifying post here in a bit that would explain just what I'm getting at,

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:46 pm

No insult taken, just examples of my love for lore. Listing huge things I added to role-plays would be inconceivable, since there is no way a GM would accept me, say, changing the entire history of a particular nation for self convenience.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:16 am
Site Moderator

Anywho, I guess I'll put a thread together at some point detailing the specifics of the idea and we can decide then if the project is actually feasible.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:16 pm
Site Admin

Curious about this progress?

I'm presently tossing around ideas for other things in the meantime. Just doing superhero writings.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:05 pm
Site Moderator

Kiki wrote:

I'm presently tossing around ideas for other things in the meantime. Just doing superhero writings.

Been working on it quite a bit, I'm just not sure about the presentation. I'll pop something up soon.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:01 am
Site Admin

Ichigo wrote:
Kiki wrote:

Been working on it quite a bit, I'm just not sure about the presentation. I'll pop something up soon.

Ready when you are.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:42 pm
Site Admin

Hey everyone!

My beloved child Omnivident will be updated shortly, waiting for a few posts, though I have been writing up another project in the meantime. So, for those of you who are still active, prepare yourselves!

Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:53 am

If I can, muster the strength to stay here I'll probably start roleplaying again.
I've improved considerably.

And silently you die...

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:23 am
Site Admin

Awesome!

There are presently 3 active RPs, the golden glory days are long behind us....

The Omnivident - School children with the ability to see/fight the supernatural. (Its kind of a ways along and will be difficult to jump in until the next chapter.)

Pantheon - Near-future young adult superheroes. (New episode has started and I can throw you in as a guest hero for the present episode)

Ad Infinitum - An adventure through a once mystical land now ravaged by the soulless husks. (Ichigo is running it, so Iunno if he could write you in or not)

If none of these tickle your fancy, I can suggest that you start one up. I'm sure you have a bundle of ideas waiting to be loosed. As with all other RPs, I will support it through participation or if you need help fleshing out ideas ^.^

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:38 pm

I'll probably start a new one. Feels like the best course of action.
Not that pantheon doesn't sound interesting. May pop in there too.
A new RP will be up by tomorrow

And silently you die...

Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:38 am
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2