The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:22 pm

[ 7 posts ] 
Un-Named RP Discussion 

Story
From the earliest times, Under the roofs of the abyss, buried deep in caves, and found in great vaults of past kings, battered machines have been found, that with the use of skill, were used to fly. There were no tasks in the Abyss that the machines could not aid in when piloted. Thus, in times and ages of both war and peace, the people that could use these machines were honored greatly. It was soon found out after the discovery of these machines that they could be used for not only tasks; but sport. by linking jointed giant swords, axes, hammers, and other weapons to a socket in the middle of the machine. Then, using basic logic and psyhics, the weapons could be spun, gaining great volocity, and thus, great destruction. Soon, the sport of putting two of these machines, equipped with all sort of weapons and armour, in an arena to fight for the enjoyment of the crowd was born.

Since the beginning of the very world these people lived in, there have been three families, three houses that ruled the Abyss, land, and water. The honorable, trustworthy Kadish; who's family and decendants have given birth to most of the emperors, kings, and queens, The mysterious and little-known Kelete made entirely of machines, and the bloodthristy fighters of the abyss, the Gaiars who were unrivaled in fighting in these machines. The Kadish and Gaiars fought in a war that lasted many hundreds of years because of these machines.

In time, an unstable but nonetheless useful alliance was forged between the two houses, both completely exhausted in terms of resources and population due to the war. For a short time, peace fell over the land, but any wise person would know such a thing could not last. Soon, the third house was forged in a great, deep cave; But this house was not forged by man, but by machine. Some machines have self-adapted, now able to control themselves. The machines developed certain powers over the time of the alliance; Some mutated with no known cause, giving them control over eletricity and other powers; Some developed great intelligence and knowledge of weapons, able to create strange and unseen designs and fight nearly as well as the Gaiars.

After this frightening turn of events, the Kelete began to attack the two other houses, for reasons unknown. Another war broke out, this time the Gaiars aiding the Kadish and vice versa. After many long, tiring battles, the Kelete were pushed back into their caves and were not seen for a great many years.

Meanwhile, as the Kelete were regaining strength, the Gaiars, bloodthristy as they were, broke their supposed alliance by killing the Emperor of the great city of Alzo-Manos, Ra-Grub-Zrauk. The Gaiars ruled the land for seven years. This could not last, however, as the people of the cities and the Kadish hungered for revolution. An uprising was born, and the Gaiars were, just as the Keletes, beaten back into their own land. But this was not enough for the Kadish. So the house of Gaiar were taken into slavery, for a time; And the few remaining could not find a place safe from the Kadish. Thus, they dove into the depths of the abyss, creating vast villages and cities on the floating land there, living off and by the great beasts that dwelled; The Aozl, or "Great Flying Worms", The Hqoao, or "Giant Insects" and many other strange beasts.

In the wombs and dwellings of these beasts, a great many gems were found, great artifacts thought to orginate from the Kelete. So these gems were used in the warcraft of the Gaiars, giving them the appearance of a strange nation indeed. Strange as they were, they were also now very powerful, the gems giving their weapons great powers. Some gems made these weapons spontanously light on fire, others allowing the weapons to pass through the armor of the machines and the hides of the great beasts they fought, causing great destruction. Still others did a great many other things.

While the Gaiars pondered and used over the power of these gems, the Kadish developed great powder-powered weapons; "Guns" they called them, sending many projectiles made of lightweight medal and other materials in a great burst of death and destruction. Versions of these weapons were made for their machines.

So now, the two houses rivaling with the power of the great self-piloted machines, The Kelete finally made their re-appearance, stronger then ever in their control over their various abilities. The three houses went into an all-out three-way war, no one helping anyone but themselves.

And thus, destruction and death now ruled the land.. You must survive in this land, making a name for yourself in the arenas, serving in the war; Anything that will bring you the gold and silver, the current currency, to survive and go on living without a chance of poverty.

Suggestions for a name is appreciated, PM me with them or post 'im up here.

Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:28 pm

I read through the entire thing, and I thought that is was amazing. I don't have a suggestion for a name though, because I usually suck at creating them.

Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:46 pm

It only took me about an hour, really.

If anyone plans to join, don't TL;DR the story, it contains a lot of information you'll need. I know it's long. Get over it.

Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Eeeh, 'Returning War' is the best I can come up with for now.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:56 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Reminds of me of that anime where they battled with toy cars that hid drills and stuff stuck on them.

Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:48 am

Thaiberium wrote:
Reminds of me of that anime where they battled with toy cars that hid drills and stuff stuck on them.

Speed Racer?[/commencelolling]

At any rate, Returning War.. ehhh, doesn't sound like something that would exactly fit in.

Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:17 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Speed Racer was about racing, not full on vehicular combat.

Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:43 am
 [ 7 posts ]