The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:16 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
theoriginalblade for a MOD! 

Belthazar666 wrote:
N30Chaos wrote:
Belthazar666 wrote:
N30Chaos wrote:
I don't think he deserves to be one.

*SMACKS*

Seriously, Blade was the best mod here.

There are others here who don't deserve it, Blade certainly did.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3609/post2pf3.png

WTF does that have to do with anything?

If you're going to say all mods who said something bad about a member at one point don't deserve modship, go ahead and remove all the mods.

Exactly. Most don't.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:28 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Belthazar666 wrote:
N30Chaos wrote:
Belthazar666 wrote:
N30Chaos wrote:
I don't think he deserves to be one.

*SMACKS*

Seriously, Blade was the best mod here.

There are others here who don't deserve it, Blade certainly did.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3609/post2pf3.png

WTF does that have to do with anything?

If you're going to say all mods who said something bad about a member at one point don't deserve modship, go ahead and remove all the mods.

They removed me for it, now didn't they?

These forums suck more the higher up you get ._.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:51 pm

Location: Boston Sex: All the time Underwear: Boxers Squirtle: F&@! yeah!
TSON, if you were mod, this place would be closed by now.

Blade deserves to be mod more than every other soul in this forum, sure he may come on little rarely, but thats because he has a life. He tries to come here when he can, between him making blade, school, family, Girls, and what not, he can't come here ALL the time.

I mean Dt has been gone for while, should he be demodded?

HELL NO

Dt is f*** fantastic; Blade deserves his modship the most out of anyone. Hes the best member since cleod. and thats saying something.

I had to take out my mains for this. Enough reason for cleod NOT to go back on his word.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:30 pm

Azrael wrote:

Blade deserves to be mod more than every other soul in this forum, sure he may come on little rarely, but thats because he has a life. He tries to come here when he can, between him making blade, school, family, Girls, and what not, he can't come here ALL the time.

HELL NO

Dt is f#%$& fantastic; Blade deserves his modship the most out of anyone. Hes the best member since cleod. and thats saying something.

lol at capital "G"irls.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:36 pm

Currently Playing: LOL
Kikicya wrote:
Not that I have anything against him but the whole point of a mod is to moderate the forums, though he may have been good that blue moon ago, how exactly is he moderating if he's rarely ever on?

sorry people, but there is no way to win to that argument.

The objective of a mod is to moderate, so there is no sence in giving modship to someone who is too bussy to came to the forum :sweat: .

He can still be a great person, and contribute a lot. That doesn't make him a less worthy user. It just means he has no time to be a mod.

Posts on old MG: 2432, level 16

Image chóu

Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:52 pm

CheDDar-X wrote:
Azrael wrote:

HELL NO

Dt is f#%$& fantastic; Blade deserves his modship the most out of anyone. Hes the best member since cleod. and thats saying something.

lol at capital "G"irls.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:43 pm

Azrael wrote:

HELL NO

Someone else? DT42?

Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:38 pm

DT comes on waaaay more than Blade; Blade shows up once every, oh, month or so.

I think if we mod people, it should be those who are around often. That's why we needed more mods in the old forums.

My sprite gallery.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:20 pm

Aiden wrote:

I think if we mod people, it should be those who are around often. That's why we needed more mods in the old forums.

If we need mods, we need some that don't abuse their powers (I think you know who I'm referring too) and some who actually solve problems the right way instead of deleteing the threads to run away from them.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:18 pm

N30Chaos wrote:
Aiden wrote:

If we need mods, we need some that don't abuse their powers (I think you know who I'm referring too) and some who actually solve problems the right way instead of deleteing the threads to run away from them.

man i was on vacation when that happened :eew:

i wish i was there

Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:27 pm

I think that the problem regarding this, is that some people think that being a mod is some kind of award or way to show that someone is superior.

So, people who are very liked or who did a lot of good things a long time ago deserve it. That's wrong....
being a Mod is only to fullfill a function, which is to moderate a forum and make it a better place.

The fact that someone is a mod doesn't make him/her (in this forum, only him) more valueble than other users.
Being a mod is not (or at least, it shouldn't be) some kind of mark which shows how veluable you are...

Maybe being on the "V.I.P crew" could be that "price" for being liked/usefull, but not being a mod.

ps: if you want, you could add some kind of Image next to the users' name which says V.I.P.

ps2:

@chao: No, I've no idea who you are talking about (I wish it's not me).
So, next time try to be direct or don't speak at all... I hate people who complain but are not brave enough to say it directly :hmph: .

Image chóu

Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:29 pm

nacritico wrote:
I think that the problem regarding this, is that some people think that being a mod is some kind of award or way to show that someone is superior.

So, people who are very liked or who did a lot of good things a long time ago deserve it. That's wrong....
being a Mod is only to fullfill a function, which is to moderate a forum and make it a better place.

The fact that someone is a mod doesn't make him/her (in this forum, only him) more valueble than other users.
Being a mod is not (or at least, it shouldn't be) some kind of mark which shows how veluable you are...

Maybe being on the "V.I.P crew" could be that "price" for being liked/usefull, but not being a mod.

ps: if you want, you could add some kind of Image next to the users' name which says V.I.P.

ps2:

So, next time try to be direct or don't speak at all... I hate people who complain but are not brave enough to say it directly :hmph: .

Nac is right... We need a female mod.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:41 pm

Belthazar666 wrote:
nacritico wrote:

ps2:

Nac is right... We need a female mod.

:facepalm: ...

I guess you reading that is more than what I could have asked...

Image chóu

Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:46 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
nacritico wrote:

And some people think that spriting skill is a good measuring staff for who should and should not be a mod.

Here's a better question, instead of "why should he be a mod", "why shouldn't he be a mod".

This isn't an average user we're considering for modship, this is a mod we're pretty much considering for demodding. "Just because" or "he's not very active" don't count in my book.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:56 pm

Hakker wrote:
nacritico wrote:

And some people think that spriting skill is a good measuring staff for who should and should not be a mod.

Here's a better question, instead of "why should he be a mod", "why shouldn't he be a mod".

This isn't an average user we're considering for modship, this is a mod we're pretty much considering for demodding. "Just because" or "he's not very active" don't count in my book.

why shouldn't he be a mod?
Because a mod has a function, and he is unable to fullfill it...

As I said before, the fact that he is not average doesn't make him worth of modship, because modship is not an award you recieve for being an good/awesome user. Being a mod is having the responsabilty to look up for the forum, and he can't if he never logs in.

Being part of the V.I.P crew should be the award, but not being part of the MOD team...

Is like making an old person with alzheimer the captain of an armie because he used to be an out-standing soldier when he was young... it makes no real sence. He should be priced in some sort of way (recieving medals, special treatment and stuff), but not being named captain if he can't fullfill the responsabilities of a captain.

Image chóu

Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:04 pm
 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next