The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:01 am

[ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
SSF2 Strategies 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Many players find that using auto-dash and then having a button to walk is more beneficial than the other way around or using double tap to dash (not that the other options are bad).

Similarly, having jump and up separate makes those techniques you mentioned easier, so it all comes down to preference. Does the ability to do those techniques easily matter to you? If yes, then I would say that adding that to your layout would be a good idea. When I used keyboard, I kept jump and up separate so that I could do short hop uairs.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
[v0.9b] Tech-Skill | Zair Zero-Frame Landing Platform Movement
YouTube Video:

For Link and Samus: Zair usage before neutral landing to help speed-up platform movement of these slower characters.

Now begs the question: Why doesn't Chibi have a Zair?

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:42 am

MGN Username: 1smash18
Currently Playing: Pokemon Games, Super Smash Flash 2, I Wanna Be The Guy!, Games in General
Waifu: None
Zalozis wrote:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI8pbGprcWs ]

For Link and Samus: Zair usage before neutral landing to help speed-up platform movement of these slower characters.

Well not EVERY character should have a tether recovery.

Like what if Yoshi had a tether recovery for his tongue?

Or what if Ichigo had a tether recovery for his sword wrapping? XD

Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:57 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
1smash18 wrote:
Zalozis wrote:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI8pbGprcWs ]

Well not EVERY character should have a tether recovery.

Like what if Yoshi had a tether recovery for his tongue?

Or what if Ichigo had a tether recovery for his sword wrapping? XD

What if DK had a tether recovery for his Dong ^^ LOL Ichigo tether recovery

Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:30 pm
BR Member

id assume it would be hard for the little guy to yank his plug from the wall.

That stuff is not good for your hardware

[he also has really good, long disjointed options as it is, a zair might make him a little too focused on zoning. Its risky, but you can also use his neutral b as a replacement zair for combat purposes. his recovery horizontally is already pretty good, and in beta his up b is getting buffed, so all in all he really doesn't need a zair]

Mon May 09, 2016 12:24 pm

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
Is there a name to when you are dashing, and before you hit the edge, you swiftly turn around and can actually turn the opposite way before you're mid-air after coming down from the edge? I've kind of figured out how to do it by mistake, and I'd like a little more clarification on what it is.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:56 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Rift of the Nova wrote:
Is there a name to when you are dashing, and before you hit the edge, you swiftly turn around and can actually turn the opposite way before you're mid-air after coming down from the edge? I've kind of figured out how to do it by mistake, and I'd like a little more clarification on what it is.

It's because when you change direction like that, there is a period of time where you are facing the new direction but you still have momentum going in the original direction. Sometimes, that momentum carries you off the edge, and now you end up facing the wrong way! Now you can do run off back air super close to the edge but facing away from it!

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:09 pm

MGN Username: Goesul
Any techniques to escape DK combos? I don't even know what to do when it happens, except DI, tech and whatever.

Same with Fox. I try and hold shield and predict but I feel I need more options.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:25 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
DI, SDI, and teching are more or less the only defensive tools you have (and SDI isn't super helpful). Make sure you're DI'ing correctly.. Utilt or uair should be down and to the side and you should try to hit the ground before DK can touch you again (both behind DK usually, but the front hit of utilt should be DI'ed in front). Also, trying to get offstage works if the opponent is practiced at onstage combos or is on a flat stage where juggles are hard to escape, but it's different from game to game whether it's better to be comboed on stage or edgeguarded off stage. Be ready for the difference between weak nair and strong nair: if they hit you with a late nair, it will be a weak hit, and you should DI out and not worry about dying. DI strong nair in for later percents, and do not DI it down or you'll die very early. That's it, more or less. DK's gonna wreck you, there's not much to do about it, but you can make it as hard as possible and then maximize your offensive chances.

You mention holding shield, I think that's perhaps problematic. Airdodge frame data is terrible in this game (and I'm pretty sure you can't even mash airdodge to get out of tumble), and so airdodges are rarely the option you want to escape combos with. (If you get out your shield on the ground but get pressured back into the string, that's a different problem.) What character do you play against DK? You should know your fastest hitbox and be ready to spam it. The thing to be wary of in doing this is GP combos, because fully charged Giant Punch will super armor through some attacks and kill you back, and DK's know this and save it for when they wouldn't be able to continue a combo normally to bait a mash option. To beat this, jump, but don't make it your only thing (because getting read jumping is very, VERY bad for you unless you play a puffball).

Try to learn how DK combos you so you know what to expect. It's player-specific, but a lot of DK stuff is really formulaic and standard, and most DK's won't go for anything too crazy. If they grab you at mid-percent, expect a dthrow -> fair or fthrow -> jump -> DJ up-B or nair. If you get hit at low-percent, expect utilt spam, followed by uair juggles, followed by a powerful horizontal launcher (fair, nair, up-B, bair, GP). If you get grabbed or hit near an edge, be ready for mixups that involve meteors, so you know to meteor cancel those and not die at 20% (although if you're at high percents, you'll fall too far too quickly to recover even with frame-perfect Meteor Cancelling).

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:39 pm
 [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13