The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:13 pm

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Stars of Fate 

Ingrid wrote:
Belth:
1. I completely trust the better judgment of the players, but if they allow their freedom to go out of hand, punishment would be swift.
2. Does it really bother you that much? If it bothers you, then go off and entertain yourself somewhere else. I believe I have the right to experiment to a certain extent with how I run my RPs. If you don't like it, then it is your problem, not mine.
3. I am NOT completely barring bios, I merely explained that they aren't as important in this, but you can write them if you want. More than half the time a bio barely influences how the player controls his/her character unless they specifically write that way. It is easy and reasonable to let something about your family slip out in a conversation and have that build up, morphing into an investigation of your past by the group. You could also ad lib moments where you have the freedom to change what hasn't been written, and it could turn out that two characters knew each other in the past. In my opinion it leads to more interesting possibilities to move the story forward and allows the characters to grow in a new way.

Oh, isn't that cute.

Firstly, you must not read many posts here. Very few people here have decent judgment.

Second, I never said you couldn't "experiment", consider it a friendly warning.

"More than half the time a bio barely influences how the player controls his/her character unless they specifically write that way." Where did you get that number of 50%? I'd suggest not pulling things out of your a**; everything you write about your character affects it, because you need to keep to that and can't just go off track of what you said. If you don't, you can be called out on it and half to do things in a different way, because your characters personality, or what they were taught wouldn't let them do a certain action, you could say they consider it "immoral"

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:10 pm

You know, you're quite an a**.

If you don't plan on even joining, then why do you enjoy finding so much fault in an experiment, OF WHICH you said you only skimmed.
Therefore, you aren't even providing sufficient criticism except for your opinions.

I really don't care what you say, if you so vehemently believe that this is will break the entire system, then that is your belief, but I know I can handle this. I'm not an idiot.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Ingrid wrote:

If you don't plan on even joining, then why do you enjoy finding so much fault in an experiment, OF WHICH you said you only skimmed.
Therefore, you aren't even providing sufficient criticism except for your opinions.

I really don't care what you say, if you so vehemently believe that this is will break the entire system, then that is your belief, but I know I can handle this. I'm not an idiot.

You're confusing someone that is an a******, with someone that is matter of fact, blunt, and a slight bit opinionated.

Reading the story wouldn't really change the fact that, in most cases, non-bio RP's don't end well. Rather, don't end at all because they don't get very far.

What system are you referring to, exactly? All I did is say how I think it would turn out based on what I've seen, and you seem to take that the wrong way. Besides that, I never said you were an idiot, you don't have to try and prove yourself to me, have at your little "experiment.

Oh, and by the way, you kind of contradicted your third point from your previous post with your first post.

Quote:
No biography, there is no need to explain your past, doesn't matter too much to the story, and you
probably will have the ability to explain it in the story.

Quote:
3. I am NOT completely barring bios, I merely explained that they aren't as important in this, but you can write them if you want.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:38 pm

I give in, Oh mightly lord of Roleplay.

You have shown who is the better in this competition of fools.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:55 pm

So that little ordeal aside, this won't be starting anytime soon on account of SS and his exam, correct? In which case I have ample time to improve upon the bio.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:37 pm
Site Admin

It's kind of like Thai's RP. We basically started without even a profile and used our posts to describe our name, personality, history/background, appearance etc.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:51 pm

Kiki wrote:
It's kind of like Thai's RP. We basically started without even a profile and used our posts to describe our name, personality, history/background, appearance etc.

And he wasn't attacked because of that?

So I receive heat because I'm new then?

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:26 am
Site Moderator

She did say your RP was kinda like Thai's though the RPers went in without any profile, just a long intro about your character.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:41 am

Ingrid wrote:
And he wasn't attacked because of that?

So I receive heat because I'm new then?

Oh, no, not at all. I have nothing against new users.

Hell, if I had saw that, I would have said something. I don't believe I was even here when that was made, on hiatus, if you will.
Kiki wrote:

Isn't that...Dead?

Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:59 am

Belth wrote:
Ingrid wrote:

You're confusing someone that is an a******, with someone that is matter of fact, blunt, and a slight bit opinionated.

Reading the story wouldn't really change the fact that, in most cases, non-bio RP's don't end well. Rather, don't end at all because they don't get very far.

What system are you referring to, exactly? All I did is say how I think it would turn out based on what I've seen, and you seem to take that the wrong way. Besides that, I never said you were an idiot, you don't have to try and prove yourself to me, have at your little "experiment.

Oh, and by the way, you kind of contradicted your third point from your previous post with your first post.

Quote:
No biography, there is no need to explain your past, doesn't matter too much to the story, and you
probably will have the ability to explain it in the story.

Quote:
3. I am NOT completely barring bios, I merely explained that they aren't as important in this, but you can write them if you want.

You're a technical, blunt and a VERY opinionated f*****, Belth. You won't shut the f*** up about how this won't end well without letting her experiment, you insist on quoting her back when she's addressed everything about your posts, and you find every little unintentional mistake within her post to try to intimidate her and win; your faggotry could possibly result in killing something that had potential.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:46 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Noirzak wrote:
So that little ordeal aside, this won't be starting anytime soon on account of SS and his exam, correct? In which case I have ample time to improve upon the bio.

Exams. Plural. But it always get me in to the mood for writing. Stress relief you see.

But I'm also lazy so I'll just use Marnid of Rivacheg again.
Quote:
Name: Marnid of Rivacheg

Weapon: A blackjack

Appearance: Marnid himself was of medium of build, not muscular and slightly overweight, though the last few days without any real food had started to take its toll, his black eyes shadowed by black bags themselves and his equally black hair was ruffled. His cheeks now bony and with crow's feet by his wide eyes, he looked even less youthful. Wearing a white linen cloth tunic that went below his waste, brown leather pants, and fur lined boots, he had little else in the form of clothing. When the cold seasons set in, he sorely missed the warmth of a fire and good fur coat. Well the thing that held up his pants was a cord of rope and that was where he hung his blackjack as well. It was a black iron rod attached to the bludgeoning end which was still dull red after his last run in with a ruffian.

Background: Marnid only carried on his father's profession as a trader since he knew very little else. If it could be bought or sold, he would trade in it. He was not part of any guild of course, and struck out on his own once his father died. Still, his father had left him with a cart and a horse. A great haggler and very perceptive, he played the economy to sufficiency. He was not greedy, as many have discovered at their own peril. Fair and honest in business, he was capable of evil should the need arise and primarily looked out for others out of necessity. A day in his life was just full of profits, gains and losses. Even if his cargo were distasteful, once he had to deliver slaves, although he did not know at the time, as a professional he fulfilled his contract, just so he could break even that month. Running the trade routes between major cities, he started getting accustomed to the land and their inhabitants. Of course bandits and highway men were the usual problem for him, where his trusty blackjack had seen him through most of the time, a golden age has come to an end. Times have fallen and fallen hard. With business dying down, Marnid was forced down to his last five coins, what he jokingly called, Dinners. Perhaps it was time for a change of profession.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:59 am

Updated first post with bios

Quote:
and you find every little unintentional mistake within her post to try to intimidate her and win

He doesn't intimidate me, just is acting as a minor annoyance.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Unfortunately a group of four (five if Kiki is actually joining) might be all you get, Ingrid. There is an astonishing lack of roleplayers here, decent or no. Whimskull left recently which leaves us with even less. I could try to get Nini and/or Hakker on board but I doubt I would succeed.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:37 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Noirzak wrote:
Unfortunately a group of four (five if Kiki is actually joining) might be all you get, Ingrid. There is an astonishing lack of roleplayers here, decent or no. Whimskull left recently which leaves us with even less. I could try to get Nini and/or Hakker on board but I doubt I would succeed.

Do I count?

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:46 pm
YIM WWW

This thread is to discuss the roleplay, not stroke egos.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:09 am
 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next