The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:54 pm

[ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
Mega Man 
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
you could literally fair every time you were going to land and get a grab and then grab reset cg someone and then fsmash for a free 70%. cgs that require thought/reads are cool that is not

Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:39 pm
BR Member

[TSON] wrote:
you could literally fair every time you were going to land and get a grab and then grab reset cg someone and then fsmash for a free 70%. cgs that require thought/reads are cool that is not

indeed. This patch megaman was a step in the right direction

although i much more commonly fell victim to a wall of megabuster and f***tilt

Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:42 pm

Currently Playing: Patty-cake
[TSON] wrote:

I'm not saying I necessarily want MM to get his chain grab back at all, but what I am pointing out is how drastic the measures to prevent that from happening were, y'all made absolutely sure that wasn't going to happen again lol. But in turn MM was nerfed in other ways by adding landing lag to his f-air, changing the trajectory on his d-throw wasn't that big of a deal. Nerfing his combo ability with the move, his one of two only good approaches without the use of projectiles, and really his only good move to do out beat call. Moral of the story, please get rid of f-air's landing lag, altering d-throw was enough.

Also, bruh, are you confirming that the ssf2 team believes that Marth's chain grab is 2legit2quit? IDK, that makes me feel some type of way.

WelfareWednesday wrote:
Why should it be better? And who's asking for a huge nerf?
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:
Nobody is asking for a nerf, the SSF2 did it...

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:59 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
The only chaingrab Marth has is on Fox on FD/3DS/ToS, which is fine by everyone because it goes to like 30%, and requires DI reactions/reads. Fthrow is a DI trap, not a chaingrab.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:29 am
Site Admin

$3Assassin wrote:
[TSON] wrote:

I'm not saying I necessarily want MM to get his chain grab back at all, but what I am pointing out is how drastic the measures to prevent that from happening were, y'all made absolutely sure that wasn't going to happen again lol. But in turn MM was nerfed in other ways by adding landing lag to his f-air, changing the trajectory on his d-throw wasn't that big of a deal. Nerfing his combo ability with the move, his one of two only good approaches without the use of projectiles, and really his only good move to do out beat call. Moral of the story, please get rid of f-air's landing lag, altering d-throw was enough.

it wasn't though - fair was a 150% guaranteed grab. even if there was no cg the fact that a move lead into grab always with no chance of escape is not ok

Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:59 am

[TSON] wrote:
$3Assassin wrote:
[TSON] wrote:

it wasn't though - fair was a 150% guaranteed grab. even if there was no cg the fact that a move lead into grab always with no chance of escape is not ok

That would be a respectable reason to give MM's f-air landing lag if A WHOLE HOST OF OTHER CHARACTERS just didn't have the ability to do THE EXACT SAME THING. Lloyd with his n-air, Fox with his d-air, Naruto with his d-air (even though it isn't a trapping move like the rest the results are the same), Tails with his n-air, Yoshi with both his f-air and b-air, Sonic with his f-air(if timed right to cancel the last hit box and pro's will do that), BM with his n-air(although he doesn't grab he does something even nastier), and the list just goes on. So don't pick on MM, who is Lower Mid-tier AT BEST, and is extremely low tier on many player list, when the majority of characters are just as guilty of the same thing. And, for the record, I AM NOT saying all of those characters moves should altered to prevent that, but that MM shouldn't be the only one to get this and should thus be ridden of such penalties. I'm sure the y'all can find another solution if you feel that f-airing into a grab is that serious, which I personally feel it isn't but hey do what you gotta do.

@ code: A chaingrab is a chaingrab and I know I personally had a hard time getting out of Marth's chaingrab as MM. Also, even if you do get out of it you are sitll very likely to get caught up in a combo or still be put on the defensive, and if you get CG to the edge of the stage, you'll have to face Marth's top 5 level edgeguarding game. So it's still pretty unfair.

WelfareWednesday wrote:
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:06 pm
Site Admin

$3Assassin wrote:
That would be a respectable reason to give MM's f-air landing lag if A WHOLE HOST OF OTHER CHARACTERS just didn't have the ability to do THE EXACT SAME THING. Lloyd with his n-air, Fox with his d-air, Naruto with his d-air (even though it isn't a trapping move like the rest the results are the same), Tails with his n-air, Yoshi with both his f-air and b-air, Sonic with his f-air(if timed right to cancel the last hit box and pro's will do that), BM with his n-air(although he doesn't grab he does something even nastier), and the list just goes on. So don't pick on MM, who is Lower Mid-tier AT BEST, and is extremely low tier on many player list, when the majority of characters are just as guilty of the same thing. And, for the record, I AM NOT saying all of those characters moves should altered to prevent that, but that MM shouldn't be the only one to get this and should thus be ridden of such penalties. I'm sure the y'all can find another solution if you feel that f-airing into a grab is that serious, which I personally feel it isn't but hey do what you gotta do.

now look at the disjoint of the moves you listed and compare them to mm fair
not to mention sdi was turned down on mm fair as well to make it more useful in the air which made it even more op

believe me our balance teams know the difference between something that permits inventive combos and something that is problematic

Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:23 pm
SSF2 Developer

You can still combo Fair into grab though.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:21 pm
Site Admin

its not guaranteed now tho

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:52 am
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Honestly, I thank the devs for adding landing lag to fair. I mean, for an attack that does 24%, not having any lag whatsoever would make it OP. So it really makes you think twice about pulling out a random fair with no thought behind why.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:03 am

[TSON] wrote:
$3Assassin wrote:

now look at the disjoint of the moves you listed and compare them to mm fair
not to mention sdi was turned down on mm fair as well to make it more useful in the air which made it even more op

believe me our balance teams know the difference between something that permits inventive combos and something that is problematic

IDK, moves like rasengan shuriken and Primeape punch got through the cracks.lol Alright, in the devs we trust, but please promise me you'll get rid of the one hit death sentence on beat call. That's all I'll need to be happy as a MM player.

WelfareWednesday wrote:
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:

Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:06 pm
BR Member

The one hit death sentence on beat call is not what needs to change about that move. If that was removed Megaman's recovery would be a bit too rediculous.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:31 pm

Not really, I mean yeah MM would without a doubt have one of the top 5 recovery games in the game, maybe even top 3, but Beat call itself is a very slow, gimpable move that doesn't even go that high and is subjected to the same problem Yoshi's recovery has, where if you attack out of it that's as high as you're gonna get. Also MM has no "Get-back-to-the-ground" game so even if he does go up high it won't do him too much good. And if push comes to shove, I'd rather have no more one death sentences, which cost me and other MM players countless games, and the devs nerfing d-air.

WelfareWednesday wrote:
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:

Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:04 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Beat Call isn't really that bad: you can get hit out of it, which sucks, but you can weave in and out fairly well, as well as being able to mixup with cancels. MM has fine landing options: dair to stall, fair to beat anti-airs, bair to mixup trajectory, and side special to mixup trajectory.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Yeah that's true, but it's nothing that'll guarantee your safety from opponents coming to get you.

As for the one hit death sentence, that should defiantly not be a thing. It is a severe disadvantage for any MM player that opponents can easily abuse. For instance, I faced Zalo the other day (he was Kirby and I was MM) and he had a field day with that weakness. He easily took out a couple of my stocks by forcing me off stage till I had to use beat call and gimped me to death. I cried and had died a little inside and got a little bit of cancer from that, and that wasn't the first time an opponent had done that nor will it be the last if this keeps up. :cry:

WelfareWednesday wrote:
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:

Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:47 pm
 [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next