The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:40 pm

[ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176 ... 189  Next
SSF2 Character Speculation 

I think it's time for Waluigi to get some respeck once and for all. For ages, Waluigi has been downgraded to an Assist Trophy by Sakurai. He's gotten little to no respect from the heads at Nintendo. Plus the fact he and K. Rool are the most requested characters to be in Smash.

It's finally time...

WALUIGI TIME!!!!!

Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:06 pm

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Waluigi is a character who definitely should make the cut for SSF2!! Wah or nothing time!!

Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
On top of that, he's absolutely DOMINATING the newcomer poll! This practically GUARANTEES him a spot on the roster!

Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:45 pm

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Crow Victini wrote:
On top of that, he's absolutely DOMINATING the newcomer poll! This practically GUARANTEES him a spot on the roster!
[ Image ]

You do realize this poll is not for real right? The roster has been set in stone for years, but HOPEFULLY Waluigi has his chance in the sun!

Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Goku2500 wrote:
Crow Victini wrote:
[ Image ]

You do realize this poll is not for real right? The roster has been set in stone for years, but HOPEFULLY Waluigi has his chance in the sun!

And if he (by some form of black magic) does not make the cut, Expansion Characters AWAY!!!

Which brings up another topic - therealmemory3 (or whatever he's called - that guy who got banned from the Daisy fansite) does realize that even if Daisy doesn't make the cut, chances are someone's going to make her an Expansion Character? I'm planning on doing the same thing to get Petey Piranha and King Boo into the game if they don't make the cut (which, in all honesty, seems likely :cry: ). Can't be any harder than making PSAs for Brawl or Project M. :gameandwatch: :gameandwatch: :gameandwatch: :gameandwatch: :gameandwatch:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:10 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
With Brawl mods though, you can pull animations from another character and use models ripped from another game.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:12 pm

Crow Victini wrote:
With Brawl mods though, you can pull animations from another character and use models ripped from another game.

*ahem*Yoshi*ahem*Sonic*ahem*Tails*ahem*Kirby*ahem*

The majority of characters that everyone wants appeared at least once on the Game Boy Advance or DS, both of which are perfect resources for ripping sprites and animations (Petey has a great one in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, and all I'd have to do for King Boo is add a crown to the Boo/Dark Boo sprites from said game. Darken them a bit and done.). Not to mention sprites are FAR easier to animate than models.

As for the people who want Expansion Characters like Vegeata, Twilight Sparkle, Shrek, and the like, there's always that one fan of those fanbases who would devote most of their time to make sprites for those from the ground up.

And lastly, this is off-topic, but I like that profile picture of yours.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:00 pm

MGN Username: blackking1700
That is assuming that the Devs allow people to make expansions. I know they did in the past and I loved that forum, but they've changed a lot since then and even then they had to be approved by the Devs before becoming official expansions. However if modding SSF2 becomes as easy and big a Brawl Mods then you can have however many derp joke characters as you want! Btw I don't support mods

Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:33 pm

blackking1700 wrote:
That is assuming that the Devs allow people to make expansions. I know they did in the past and I loved that forum, but they've changed a lot since then and even then they had to be approved by the Devs before becoming official expansions. However if modding SSF2 becomes as easy and big a Brawl Mods then you can have however many derp joke characters as you want! Btw I don't support mods

Gee, way to kill my dreams...

I got the information of Expansion Characters from both the McLeodGaming wiki and YouTuber MY BODY IS REDE (formerly Muah), who is apparently a big fan of this game and part of the reason I'm here today. From what I could gather, both him and the wiki said that anyone with time and a copy of Flash can make characters for others to enjoy at around SSF2 v1.0, if not later.

And if we're talking about big mods like Project M, Brawl-, Smash Bros. Legacy XP, and the like, we already have mods available for stages (I think one of them replaced Final Destination with a Street Fighter-themed stage), and the devs already stated that they're not gonna pull a Nintendo and ban modding (though they did say no one could post mods on the main page).

But if Expansion Characters are possible, you better expect a BUNCH of characters you'd find on one of those Fantendo Umbrella games. I'm talking Shrek, Flo & Zo, Petey Piranha, King Boo, Dry Bowser, Sylveon, Pinkie Pie, Ruby Rose, and plenty more.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:28 am

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Waifu: Mina Ashido
pokerninja2 wrote:
blackking1700 wrote:

Gee, way to kill my dreams...

I got the information of Expansion Characters from both the McLeodGaming wiki and YouTuber MY BODY IS REDE (formerly Muah), who is apparently a big fan of this game and part of the reason I'm here today. From what I could gather, both him and the wiki said that anyone with time and a copy of Flash can make characters for others to enjoy at around SSF2 v1.0, if not later.

And if we're talking about big mods like Project M, Brawl-, Smash Bros. Legacy XP, and the like, we already have mods available for stages (I think one of them replaced Final Destination with a Street Fighter-themed stage), and the devs already stated that they're not gonna pull a Nintendo and ban modding (though they did say no one could post mods on the main page).

But if Expansion Characters are possible, you better expect a BUNCH of characters you'd find on one of those Fantendo Umbrella games. I'm talking Shrek, Flo & Zo, Petey Piranha, King Boo, Dry Bowser, Sylveon, Pinkie Pie, Ruby Rose, and plenty more.

I approve of Pinkie Pie

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:44 am

Oh, yeah. Expansions might still be a thing. I wonder if that Roll expansion is still around. She was one of the first ones I wanted to download. I was really hype about it.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:27 pm

MGN Username: Mr.Xenomega
Currently Playing: SSB4 - SSF2 - Mario Kart 8 - Pokemon X
blackking1700 wrote:

They probably cut it out that early because during that time ( Like 0.8a / 0.8b ) they got a bigger following and a update in quality. I Feel that the forum will come back eventually just more...Mcleodgaming? Like people make characters on the forums but they would have to have some kind of Mcleodgaming stamp of approval to be " True DLC to the game ". So it wont be just all (Shrek Category?) Like they would have to look professional meaning. ( Good Spriting , Balanced Moveset , No Bugs , Effects fit well with the rest of the cast , Etc. )

Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:09 am

MGN Username: blackking1700
Mr.Xenomega wrote:
blackking1700 wrote:

They probably cut it out that early because during that time ( Like 0.8a / 0.8b ) they got a bigger following and a update in quality. I Feel that the forum will come back eventually just more...Mcleodgaming? Like people make characters on the forums but they would have to have some kind of Mcleodgaming stamp of approval to be " True DLC to the game ". So it wont be just all (Shrek Category?) Like they would have to look professional meaning. ( Good Spriting , Balanced Moveset , No Bugs , Effects fit well with the rest of the cast , Etc. )

That's plausible but I think they might just release their own DLC.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:12 pm

MGN Username: Mr.Xenomega
Currently Playing: SSB4 - SSF2 - Mario Kart 8 - Pokemon X
blackking1700 wrote:
Mr.Xenomega wrote:
blackking1700 wrote:

That's plausible but I think they might just release their own DLC.

Time For The Smash Flash Ballot! , and bayonutta wins!

Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:37 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Okay, I just now managed to set up the leaked PM build with Knuckles/Lyn in it, and I think a PM-based Knuckles is a very real possibility.

Nearly all of his attacks are original. The only things that still show he's a clone of Sonic there are his up/down specials, Nair, and unfinished taunts.

And let me tell you something: he's pretty damn fun to play as.

(PM Lyn plays a little unorthodox for my style; still a good character, but not for me personally. PM Isaac, however, barely even functions, so we're definitely not altering ours. =p)

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:02 pm
 [ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176 ... 189  Next