The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:07 am

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Cruisin's SSF2 Tier List 

Any thoughts? Let me know. Characters within each tier are put in alphabetical order.

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:07 pm

Waifu: Shiori Tsukada
hey this tier list is wrong

thanks for reading

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:22 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
Red wrote:
hey this tier list is wrong

thanks for reading

deez nuts.

got eem.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:24 pm

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
bad meme dope

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:27 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Well, it`s pretty good that someone thinks Fox is top 4.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:31 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
WRXJoey wrote:
bad meme dope

ur a bad meme

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:32 pm
BR Member

TheRebornBowser wrote:
Well, it`s pretty good that someone thinks Fox is top 4.

Thanks for your contribution TRB

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:33 pm

Waifu: Shiori Tsukada
dicks out

Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:20 pm
BR Member

for harambe

Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:22 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600

Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:55 pm

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
If you swapped Marth w/ Zelda, moved BM down to A, chibi down to C and wario up in B, you'd be on to something... However I don't believe in Teir lists w/o MU charts.

GM

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:17 am

GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
If you swapped Marth w/ Zelda, moved BM down to A, chibi down to C and wario up in B, you'd be on to something... However I don't believe in Teir lists w/o MU charts.

Making a tier list would be easier with more MU charts which I might make one day. As for your changes, in the current meta I can see the Marth Zelda switch (s/o to Oreo), BM in A tier, which is where I originally placed him, and Chibi in C tier, though I think he's underrated. The thing with Zelda is that she has a low risk high reward game. Her aerials are fast, disjointed, combo, lead to kills and even kill themselves. Plus her fair and bair especially are great for spacing in neutral while having lots of power to boot to either use for combos or kill. Her grab is pretty nice as she has a kill throw and combo throws. She also has a pretty good recovery as up b goes pretty far and has a hitbox that can get you off the ledge if you have no invincibility which SSF2 doesn't have much of. I also think that she has a very good MU chart. I feel that Marth has to commit a little more as he doesn't get kills as easily or is as fast, though that's not to say he isn't fast. His spacing is where he accelerates from what I see, but against the S and A+ tier characters he can struggle even with that range as say for example, against Fox where he gets outsped and get punished badly for a small over commit of a down tilt. I don't think his MU chart is as good as Zelda's either. His neutral isn't as good as Zelda's personally, though a strong one no doubt. His punish game is deadly, bit he has to commit way more than Zelda does and doesn't kill as early for most of the time. He doesn't have as many true kill confirms as Zelda either. As for his recovery, I think it's a good one, but is more punishable as his hitbox is active when travelling towards the stage, while Zelda teleports there with that hitbox and better distance. Plus you can mixup Zelda's recovery with her multiple places for her to spawn at which can be pretty useful when recovering around the ledge height of the stage on a stage like ToS where you could possibly up b to ledge, on stage, or on the platform. I'd day both of them can edgeguard well, but Zelda has an easier time cause for long range she can side b and her dair spikes more consistently that Marth's. Marth could have the advantagewhen edgeguarding on stage though with his great range and moves for keeping you out such as d tilt. As for BM I'd say he just made the cut for A+, but I might change him to the top of A tier later on. He does surprisingly well against most of the cast. According to Corvid, one of the best BM players, he goes even with Goku, Tails, Pika, DK, Naruto, possibly beats Sheik slightly, and loses to MK slightly. His neutral is pretty decent, but he doesn't have the BEST options. However his damage racking is very good as he has a good combo game, an amazing up air for juggles, three combo throws, and his sise special. He can struggle to kill however and it can be annoying. His down b is actually a pretty good zoning tool especially with it's good momentum to change where the meteor will land and its increasing size. His recovery goes FAR and in the current meta it doesn't seem to be that punishable, but that can change soon. His edgeguarding is great tho as he has tools such as dair, f smash, and down b which are all very useful offstage. Wario would be in B tier however as most people in the current meta would agree that Wario is one of the worst in the game. Horrid neutral as his approaches aren't fast enough and don't have enough range. His punish game is good, but he has to commit so much to start a combo in the first place. He has one of the worst grabs, can get combo'd hard, okay recovery and edgeguard tools, and by far one of the worst MU charts. (s/o to Doof) If you could explain your changes that'd be great.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:32 am

God I write too much. Anyways I forgot about Chibi Robo. Honestly his neutral is so much better compared to the characters in C tier with his range and projectile. Not the best but it isn't what I'd call bad. His punish game is alright as he has two combo throws, nice combo strings, kill confirms (Not 100% sure), and two strong finishers being up air and bair. Nair can also kill from my experience, but that might be bad DI. He's slow overall, but his best moves actually have decent speed so it helps him a lot. His recovery is slow and up b doesn't go very high up so it isn't that good. The fact that both up and side b have hitboxes help him in the current meta but ppl might get better at edgeguarding him later on. As for edgeguarding he is okay at it as his best option from my experience is bair which is quick and strong keeping your opponent offstage. His grab can lead to serious damage, but is very risky as well as it is slow, though it has good range.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:45 am

Reasoning for Naruto being so low? In my opinion, he's easily better than Ichigo and Link and I'd probably place him at the top of A+.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:18 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
He sorta gets rekt by rushdown.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:29 pm
 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next